Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 2-15 07:08
I have looked at many hundreds over the last several years and haven't found one as smooth.; that is why I asked.   Have yet to have anyone point one out either.

It would be nice if DJI would at least fix the MP2 to be as smooth as the earlier models.

I’m not sure whether it’s dji’s fault or the litchi program needs tweaking, but hopefully something gets done soon.
2019-2-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 2-14 16:17
After having flown a 3DR Solo for several years the Cable Cam of both Litchi and GO4 with the MP2 is very disappointing.

Yet to see any DJI bird with any software offer that degree of smoothness.  The ramping in and out of transitions in pitch and yaw are flawless with the Solo.

That is awful impressive from an old drone.
2019-2-15
Use props
DrohneSG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001906 ft
Germany

Finally after weeks of bad wheather i tested WP 2.0 the last three days, and I can only confirm what was said so far. Its hardly useable.
Shooting was with the Zoom at 48mm equivalent. This emphasizes the bad effects. Jerky and no stable view to the poi.

2019-2-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DrohneSG Posted at 2-15 09:56
Finally after weeks of bad wheather i tested WP 2.0 the last three days, and I can only confirm what was said so far. Its hardly useable.
Shooting was with the Zoom at 48mm equivalent. This emphasizes the bad effects. Jerky and no stable view to the poi.

That's pretty much a carbon-copy of what I experience with my M2P when flying a WP 2.0 POI mission. What's sad, is even if I fly mine in Arc mode with maximum arc distance between waypoints (looks like yours was flown in polygon mode), the motion still comes out just like this
2019-2-15
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

After having flown a 3DR Solo for several years the Cable Cam of both Litchi and GO4 with the MP2 is very disappointing.

Yet to see any DJI bird with any software offer that degree of smoothness.  The ramping in and out of transitions in pitch and yaw are flawless with the Solo.

I just looked at the footage now, and like Oracle said above, VERY impressive for an older drone!!!
2019-2-15
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

Another Litchi beta tester here and I can confirm the jerky panning motion and the gimbal problems while transitioning through waypoints using Litchi. Although some of the jerky motion using Litchi waypoints was reduced with the firmware released along with Waypoints 2.0, problems persist. Panning right is "fairly" smooth, but panning left will almost always cause unusable jerky motion and the waypoint transitions are a total waste of micro sd space. Litchi has claimed, since the beta version testing for the M2P, that the problem was DJI's and needed to be addressed with a firmware update. DJI's delay in releasing Waypoints 2.0 along with the same problems as Litchi after the release would indicate Litchi was correct. Hopefully, DJI is working on a firmware fix.
2019-2-15
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

Today I tried to make a waypoint flight mode and, at the moment to tap GO, a small error message appeared with a code, I could not take a screenshot .. but I remember something was written about the error MAP . Does anyone know what it means?
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

EnricoBrun Posted at 2-18 14:56
Today I tried to make a waypoint flight mode and, at the moment to tap GO, a small error message appeared with a code, I could not take a screenshot .. but I remember something was written about the error MAP . Does anyone know what it means?

Hi EnricoBrun,

I had that error too... For me it was whilst programming an Arc WP mission... I had deleted one of the WP’s and when I tried to fly, it kept giving me a Map error and wouldn’t start the mission...

In my case I had to trash the entire mission and re-program each WP again. Seems if you program an Arc mission with max curvatures between each WP and then delete one, the app thinks there is a curvature to the last WP (which there actually is), and it doesn’t allow this, but removing the curvature doesn’t remove the glitch of the app, so you have to start from scratch.

Another bug that hopefully DJI will someday address...
2019-2-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-18 15:47
Hi EnricoBrun,

I had that error too... For me it was whilst programming an Arc WP mission... I had deleted one of the WP’s and when I tried to fly, it kept giving me a Map error and wouldn’t start the mission...

I had not set the Arc mode, but it seemed to me unlike the other tests of having set the speed at a different point from the others and from there came out that error message ..
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

EnricoBrun Posted at 2-18 15:58
I had not set the Arc mode, but it seemed to me unlike the other tests of having set the speed at a different point from the others and from there came out that error message ..

Interesting, so you set your mission to polygon (I think that’s the official term) mode and this error occurred?

What cruising speed did you set for the mission? Mine was set to 28KM/h
2019-2-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-18 15:59
Interesting, so you set your mission to polygon (I think that’s the official term) mode and this error occurred?

What cruising speed did you set for the mission? Mine was set to 28KM/h

I had set 3 points (polyline), a point of interest in the center, all the points that observed the point of interest, and I changed from "cruise" to 3km / h at the first point only, I tried to give ok ... and that little white message appeared ... error map with a code I can not remember.
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

EnricoBrun Posted at 2-18 16:38
I had set 3 points (polyline), a point of interest in the center, all the points that observed the point of interest, and I changed from "cruise" to 3km / h at the first point only, I tried to give ok ... and that little white message appeared ... error map with a code I can not remember.

Thank you for the correction, I knew it was poly-something

So in your case you actually reduced the speed of the flight below default cruise, interesting... I have another WP 2.0 thread going, where we’re discussing non-linear movements even in Arc flights, and a common theme seems to be emerging that this occurs when flight speeds are set above the default 14KM/h.

I’m thinking this might be the same glitch, but cannot be certain.

What were the altitudes of the WP’s, and what was the altitude of the POI? I noticed a few times that when you first set a POI, that GO 4 sets the initial altitude of it to 0m, so perhaps that might have caused the error?
2019-2-18
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-18 17:02
Thank you for the correction, I knew it was poly-something

So in your case you actually reduced the speed of the flight below default cruise, interesting... I have another WP 2.0 thread going, where we’re discussing non-linear movements even in Arc flights, and a common theme seems to be emerging that this occurs when flight speeds are set above the default 14KM/h.

In fact, the POI was at zero, then corrected to 4m and the waypoint started correctly ..
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

EnricoBrun Posted at 2-18 18:25
In fact, the POI was at zero, then corrected to 4m and the waypoint started correctly ..

Ah ha! So it was the POI altitude that was messing it up then?

If so, glad we were able to figure that out!

Happy flying!
2019-2-18
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2376352 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

COORECT - ...
2019-3-3
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

CORRECT !!!   This has been my experience as well....  It appears that LITCHI Uses Whole numbers to interpolate Views and turns - - So the Old MAVIC worked fine.   The New System with the More accurate turning requirements  REQUIRES LITCHI to use the Fractional Changges- Litchi therefore is UNUSABLE in this form
2019-3-3
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

CORRECT !!!   This has been my experience as well....  It appears that LITCHI Uses Whole numbers to interpolate Views and turns - - So the Old MAVIC worked fine.   The New System with the More accurate turning requirements  REQUIRES LITCHI to use the Fractional Changges- Litchi therefore is UNUSABLE in this form
2019-3-3
Use props
fans80e5b663
lvl.1
Flight distance : 732789 ft
Sweden

Any news on a fix for this in some future firmware update? I agree that the Mavic 2 performs extremely bad when it comes to waypoints... I have also very bad experiences with clunky yaw movement in Tap fly free, which I had such high hopes for...
2019-3-16
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

I'm just spotting this post.  I been using Litchi for a few years now and have used Waypoints extensively.  I started using Litchi WP with my M2 Zoom several months ago (following a malfunction that destroyed my P4P) and have struggled to produce smooth cinematic results.  From perusing previous posts, it appears that this issue should be able to be resolved via a firmware fix... can't wait for that!!!   In the meantime, I'm using Litchi's FOCUS feature more extensively.  Focus seems to produce smoother results when flying arcs while focusing on a preset point of interest.  Obviously the focus feature doesn't support mission planning etc and isn't a replacement for WP but thought it might be a stop gap measure until a fix is made available.
2019-4-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

DIott3113 Posted at 4-17 06:48
I'm just spotting this post.  I been using Litchi for a few years now and have used Waypoints extensively.  I started using Litchi WP with my M2 Zoom several months ago (following a malfunction that destroyed my P4P) and have struggled to produce smooth cinematic results.  From perusing previous posts, it appears that this issue should be able to be resolved via a firmware fix... can't wait for that!!!   In the meantime, I'm using Litchi's FOCUS feature more extensively.  Focus seems to produce smoother results when flying arcs while focusing on a preset point of interest.  Obviously the focus feature doesn't support mission planning etc and isn't a replacement for WP but thought it might be a stop gap measure until a fix is made available.

Well, right now we just received another update the M2 line, and the Osmo Pocket has been on a FW binge, so looks like DJI is doing something behind the scenes...

Here's hoping an upcoming update will correct this!
2019-4-17
Use props
DIott3113
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1797516 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 4-17 09:19
Well, right now we just received another update the M2 line, and the Osmo Pocket has been on a FW binge, so looks like DJI is doing something behind the scenes...

Here's hoping an upcoming update will correct this!

I logged an issue with DJI support yesterday.  I provided a couple of example video segments and shared with Lance the support rep that I'm reading posts in a number of forums about this issue.  The issue has been forwarded to the engineering team and I should here back from them in the next day or so at which time I'll post an update.
2019-4-23
Use props
Das Kid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1921375 ft
New Zealand

DIott3113 Posted at 4-23 06:25
I logged an issue with DJI support yesterday.  I provided a couple of example video segments and shared with Lance the support rep that I'm reading posts in a number of forums about this issue.  The issue has been forwarded to the engineering team and I should here back from them in the next day or so at which time I'll post an update.

This issue has caused me some grief and a lot of lost time.  Has there been any further feedback from DJI since your post?

Thanks.
2019-6-3
Use props
Rockowe
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-10 08:41
Sorry for the late response. This thread has already been forwarded to our designated team and I will give you feedback as soon as I receive an update from them. May I know if you tried Have you tried to decrease the speed of your aircraft and set POI in curve? Thank you.

Hi There Please see My Post on MavicPilots Forums-
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -aways-jerky.67536/
Here is a Repeat of that Thread Header...
Can Someone Figure out Why Mavic 2 'Waypoint' PANS are AWAYS JERKY???
This happens in Litchi and Waypoints 2.0.
> This Jerky Unnatural Panning Behavior - ...
… and it ONLY seems like it happens on MAVIC 2.  (Pro and Zoom)

The footage Unusable - It seems like its Panning in steps !

The same plan (Session) with Litchi Works fine on M1P (in fact Beautifully)
… DJIgo4 shows a smilar issue - … when Panning whilst moving - or interpolating from one heading to another (in Waypoints)

Anyone have a Clue ?

See my Latest Nightflight Vid of Today (Would be awesome except for the Pans)
See YOUTUBE LINK  

Please PLEASE sort this out- also follow the comments of experienced Pilots - who have been disappointed in this FLAW.

Note Waypoints 2.0 and LITCHI - React the same Way - for Interpolation of the Camera View in the PAN - … YET in Manual Mode - there is no such Problem.

Regards
Rob
2019-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Rockowe Posted at 6-12 16:50
Hi There Please see My Post on MavicPilots Forums-
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/can-someone-figure-out-why-mavic-2-waypoint-pans-are-aways-jerky.67536/
Here is a Repeat of that Thread Header...

Herky-Jerky.
As you stated "the footage unusable".  
To my eye, Zoom in/out suffers too...
2019-6-12
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

parkgt214,
It seems they only generally comment on a thread when the thread has a positive remark regarding their products.  Any negative or suggestions for the better generally results in only hearing crickets.
I think it's a cultural thing.
2019-6-14
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

marklyn59 Posted at 6-14 06:04
parkgt214,
It seems they only generally comment on a thread when the thread has a positive remark regarding their products.  Any negative or suggestions for the better generally results in only hearing crickets.
I think it's a cultural thing.

If they would fix the defect I wouldn't care if they ever commented on it!  Too bad their concern seems to end once they have your money.
2019-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 6-14 18:42
If they would fix the defect I wouldn't care if they ever commented on it!  Too bad their concern seems to end once they have your money.

You have had 4 FW updates many new stuff added to your drone and all of this after they had your money .
2019-6-15
Use props
djiuser_0aH6rdisEhsM
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-15 01:45
You have had 4 FW updates many new stuff added to your drone and all of this after they had your money .
You mean adding the broken “waypoints 2.0” feature months after it was promised?

Are you seriously making some sort of pathetic excuse that 9 months after this product was released, and as you admit “ 4 fw updates later” they haven’t fixed this pretty glaring flaw? Are you kidding me?
2019-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_0aH6rdisEhsM Posted at 6-16 08:17
You mean adding the broken “waypoints 2.0” feature months after it was promised?

Are you seriously making some sort of pathetic excuse that 9 months after this product was released, and as you admit “ 4 fw updates later” they haven’t fixed this pretty glaring flaw? Are you kidding me?

You don’t have a craft so won’t be bothering with answering you .
2019-6-16
Use props
djiuser_0aH6rdisEhsM
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 09:25
You don’t have a craft so won’t be bothering with answering you .

I sure do, so stfu.
2019-6-16
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-15 01:45

It would have been nice if the firmware updates hadn't been necessary to correct oversights and deliver things promised at launch.   What were all the new and wonderfully valuable things that those updates added that hadn't been promoted before release?

It has been almost a year and the craft still can't fly Waypoint correctly; yet every other DJI craft can.  Are there not enough coders at DJI; can they not fix the defect or do they not care enough to bother?

The M2P is amazing in many ways, yet it could be so much more if DJI would polish it.    There have been many suggestion for rounding out features and improving functionality, yet very little progress seen from DJI to address customer concerns or wants.  I think they have moved on to the next thing in the pipeline and don't want to commit the resources to finishing this bird as it should be.

I hope I am wrong.
2019-6-16
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

parkgt214 Posted at 6-16 17:00
It would have been nice if the firmware updates hadn't been necessary to coorect oversights and deliver things promised at launch.   What were all the new and wonderfully valuable things that those updated added that hadn't been promoted before release?

t has been almost a year and the craft still can't fly Waypoint correctly; yet every other DJI craft can.  Are there not enough coders at DJI; can they not fix the defect or do they not care enough to bother?

I wish you were wrong, but unfortunately I think you are correct. 9 months after release and this still being a problem tells me that DJI doesn’t really care about fixing this. I would imagine they have plenty of coders, but they are focused on their next product. Anyone who thinks it is appropriate for this issue to be continuing after 9 months is bizarrely warped in their thinking.
2019-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

parkgt214 Posted at 6-16 17:00
It would have been nice if the firmware updates hadn't been necessary to correct oversights and deliver things promised at launch.   What were all the new and wonderfully valuable things that those updates added that hadn't been promoted before release?

It has been almost a year and the craft still can't fly Waypoint correctly; yet every other DJI craft can.  Are there not enough coders at DJI; can they not fix the defect or do they not care enough to bother?

First waypoints were always promised in a future FW update, and this is how we received them. Yes there is one problem and it is slight, while you say all other dji aircraft fly fine with their waypoints , this is not true, aircraft like P4Pro P4 etc have had waypoints 1 since inception and it’s appaling still 3 years after and anyone flying these craft would never use it ahead of Litchi, waypoints 2 isn’t a big improvement on waypoints 1 and certainly for me I never expected dji waypoints to work better than Litchi who have been designing waypoints for drones for donkeys years and are leaders in their field .
Although some say with M2 they are having problems flying Litchi as someone who flew Litchi mission on last Saturday it works just fine, it’s not without its faults but it never was.

I think if anyone bought M2 specifically because app had waypoints, then they did very little research an€ if they had done only a small bit of research they would have learned that for a very small fee they could fly their drone using the gold standard waypoints Litchi .

So you have waypoints and you complain it doesn’t work correctly for you, but does Active track work 100%, does POI work 100% , Does Obstacle Avoidance work 100%, does RTH work 100%, answer is no they don’t and so we have to work within the parameters of how we get the best out of them.

Have all above improved over the last 4 years yes they have and I’m certain they will continue to improve just as waypoints will.
2019-6-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 01:56
First waypoints were always promised in a future FW update, and this is how we received them. Yes there is one problem and it is slight, while you say all other dji aircraft fly fine with their waypoints , this is not true, aircraft like P4Pro P4 etc have had waypoints 1 since inception and it’s appaling still 3 years after and anyone flying these craft would never use it ahead of Litchi, waypoints 2 isn’t a big improvement on waypoints 1 and certainly for me I never expected dji waypoints to work better than Litchi who have been designing waypoints for drones for donkeys years and are leaders in their field .
Although some say with M2 they are having problems flying Litchi as someone who flew Litchi mission on last Saturday it works just fine, it’s not without its faults but it never was.

And...blah blah blah...DJI does nothing wrong...blah blah blah...make excuses for DJI....blah blah blah...It’s the fault of the customer....blah blah blah.

Translation: “my mouth is in the crotch of DJI so I will make excuses for them rather than acknowledging they are wrong here”.
2019-6-17
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 01:56
First waypoints were always promised in a future FW update, and this is how we received them. Yes there is one problem and it is slight, while you say all other dji aircraft fly fine with their waypoints , this is not true, aircraft like P4Pro P4 etc have had waypoints 1 since inception and it’s appaling still 3 years after and anyone flying these craft would never use it ahead of Litchi, waypoints 2 isn’t a big improvement on waypoints 1 and certainly for me I never expected dji waypoints to work better than Litchi who have been designing waypoints for drones for donkeys years and are leaders in their field .
Although some say with M2 they are having problems flying Litchi as someone who flew Litchi mission on last Saturday it works just fine, it’s not without its faults but it never was.

I bought MP2 because they said it would support WP 2.0. I expected it would work nicely. Reality is this feature needs more work.

I own Litchi, but using it is a great risk. In case of any issue (i.e. lost drone) , DJI will not provide any support because Litchi is a third party app. Therefore  what you are suggesting it sadly not a real option, at least not for me.
2019-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DuneBuggy Posted at 6-17 03:07
And...blah blah blah...DJI does nothing wrong...blah blah blah...make excuses for DJI....blah blah blah...It’s the fault of the customer....blah blah blah.

Translation: “my mouth is in the crotch of DJI so I will make excuses for them rather than acknowledging they are wrong here”.

Another one doesn’t own any craft, read what I wrote, you’ll see I actually said many things don’t work, but your not here for debating .
2019-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jpap Posted at 6-17 03:08
I bought MP2 because they said it would support WP 2.0. I expected it would work nicely. Reality is this feature needs more work.

I own Litchi, but using it is a great risk. In case of any issue (i.e. lost drone) , DJI will not provide any support because Litchi is a third party app. Therefore  what you are suggesting it sadly not a real option, at least not for me.

Your warranty is only null and void if something happens to your craft that is directly caused by Litchi app , so if-your craft is lost because of malfunction then you are covered, I have never seen one case where somebody using Litchi lost their craft because of craft malfunction and dji didn’t cough up.

I’ll go further also to say it’s extremely rare for any craft to crash flyaway or malfunction because of any app including Litchi dji go 4 etc etc , so I think your quite safe using Litchi or dji go4 .

2019-6-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 03:38
Your warranty is only null and void if something happens to your craft that is directly caused by Litchi app , so if-your craft is lost because of malfunction then you are covered, I have never seen one case where somebody using Litchi lost their craft because of craft malfunction and dji didn’t cough up.

I’ll go further also to say it’s extremely rare for any craft to crash flyaway or malfunction because of any app including Litchi dji go 4 etc etc , so I think your quite safe using Litchi or dji go4 .

Again- the guy thinks that I don’t have an M2P for some weird reason.

Again- he will blame you.

FYI- Litchi has the same jerky panning issues on the M2 series. They even acknowledge it. It is a DJI issue.

Don’t listen to clowns like this who will constantly make excuses and blame you for what is obviously a DJI issue.
2019-6-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

FYI- I have received no less than 3 separate PMs about this guy “Hallmark007”. He has at least 3 separate accounts on here and is a known shill who gives bad information. Ignore him.
2019-6-17
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 03:38

With all due respect, I disagree with your statement.

If there is something wrong and the drone is lost, DJI will ask log files. Had I using Litchi, DJI would not be able to read/use Litchi's log files. Hence, DJI will be able to reject warranty claims.

I never said/blamed Litchi that would possible create the issue. All I'm saying is that using Litchi may bring  me to a situation that I won't be able to claim warranty and that's not really advisable.  
Therefore, to return to the topic, DJI really needs to come up with an update that would solve all issues in Way Points 2.0.

2019-6-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules