A2 IMU cable shorted
1075 3 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dougherty98
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys, I have an s1000 that has been in a crash. It was sent away to a dji authorised repairer who replaced the distribution board and 2 motors. It sat for around 8-10 months after the repair as the battery cables needed to be changed to work with our battery setup (2x12000 mAh @ 24v). A friend helped me replace the battery cables, and as soon as we plugged the batteries in, all the motors began to beep in a repeatitve warning tone. We also noticed smoke, so we disconnected the batteries. The smoke came from the IMU cable, the wire was shorted between the can bus extender thing and the reciever, the wire coming straight from the IMU does not look damaged in any way. I was wondering if it was possible to replace the cable that joins the IMU to the receiver without doing any damage to the IMU unit. I dont think I would need to use the can extension port, as I have a can hub I can plug the GPS into (if the can system works similar to that in cars I believe it should work). Is it possible to solder a new connection to the IMU and move the position of the gps  or do I need to buy a whole new IMU unit?

2019-2-10
Use props
Skyline-UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7500 ft
United Kingdom

Were they 6s batterys? Hope they were wired in parrallel and not seris which would give 50 volts? and explain the beeps and smoke?
2019-2-11
Use props
Dougherty98
lvl.1

Australia

Yeah the batteries were wired in parallel, and we doubled checked the joints and wires for shortages before we connected anything. When we disconnected the imu everything else continued to stay lit up and beeping for 5-10 minutes. I have no idea what the beeping was
2019-2-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m pretty sure the IMU and cable are sold as a single unit. As for the beeps...normally it’s because you have the wrong aircraft selected in the A2 Assistant. You have to make sure the unit with the 2 red arms is selected in the RC tab... Or....you fried your A2....smoke is not a good sign.....
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules