DJI IPhone App crashing
2716 9 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

With some of recent updates I start to get often IPhone crahes with DJI app, some of them in the middle of the flight.

Also I  got winter specific problem. IPhone battery die in cold. It can go all the way from 90% to 1% in 1-2 min. So far I alwasy be able to restart phone, warm it up and return drone back to home. But to my surprise it is not returning by automatically. Just yesterday I have scary case when drone with 50% of battery was above waterfall and I try to warm-up my phone to return it back.

2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding that, please make sure you have enough storage to avoid app crash. I suggest you uninstall or delete some unused app and make sure you are only using the DJI Go 4 app in the background. I hope this helps. Thank you.
2019-2-10
Use props
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-10 16:44
Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding that, please make sure you have enough storage to avoid app crash. I suggest you uninstall or delete some unused app and make sure you are only using the DJI Go 4 app in the background. I hope this helps. Thank you.

I have a lot of free space on the phone and typically kill all other apps before I start DJI app. Will try to get more accurate repro steps for this issue.
2019-2-10
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Witch iPhone and iOS are you using?
2019-2-11
Use props
MaxKazi
lvl.1

United States

Grumpy D Posted at 2-11 07:00
Witch iPhone and iOS are you using?

IPhone SE (Fimware 7.32.00); 128 Gb (78 Free)
Current  iOS 12.1.4 (updated yesterday)
2019-2-11
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
United States

MaxKazi Posted at 2-11 07:14
IPhone SE (Fimware 7.32.00); 128 Gb (78 Free)
Current  iOS 12.1.4 (updated yesterday)

The SE puts you on the outermost limit. That little A9 chip is going to be running at max, get hot in short time then begin to slow its self down to prevent overheating.
Try this, in this order:

To improve iPad/iPhone performance while flying (as part of preflight)

* Remove device from case (causes heat build up)
* Close all running apps (force close)
* Turn off cell service (not airplane mode)
* Turn off Bluetooth (not airplane mode)
* Turn off WiFi (not airplane mode)
* Shut Down device
* Turn on device
* Adjust volume to max
* Adjust brightness to max
* Turn off video cache in DJI Go app
* Shade device with your own shadow when possible

Any thing you can do to lower the demand on your iPhone and anything you can do to keep it cool will help.
2019-2-11
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
United States

Also:
To improve overall iPad/iPhone performance

* Completely shut down & restart daily more often with high use
* Turn off auto brightness
* Turn off automatic download updates
* Turn off all notifications
* Set ALL app Location Services to Never or While Using the App
* Don’t use Dynamic Wallpapers
* Turn off Live Photo & turn on preserve Live Photo setting in camera settings
* Turn off background app refresh
* Remove unused apps at least offload
* Remove or move to iCloud, photos, movies, music & podcasts, to free up as much storage/working space as possible. Shoot for 50% of total space free.

No idea what may be going on with the battery life? My be bad could be heat sense you are able to restart.

Use the return home button on the controller if you louse phone the controller is still connected.

Suggest You avoid flying around potential  hazards  such as waterfalls until after you test and verify your equipment .
2019-2-11
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grumpy D Posted at 2-11 07:39
The SE puts you on the outermost limit. That little A9 chip is going to be running at max, get hot in short time then begin to slow its self down to prevent overheating.
Try this, in this order:

the A7 processor with 1GB LPDDR3 ram on iOS 12.1 and 12.2 doesn't seem to mind it too much..

i imagine higher clocked Apple A9 with faster 2GB of LPDDR4  of ram handles it better

as for why its crashing.. idk...... OP may need to delete the app and reinstall.. dji go app isnt that well designed, probably something broke in the app during OS upgrade.

as for all those optimizations mentioend above me by another poster.... Apple already suspends most in background if something chewing up resources.. i just suggest airplane mode while flying..  prevent interuptions with people calling or texting you, and suspends apps/services that trying to communicate and update and refresh in background until internet is restored... and other suggestion i will make is remove heavier social media apps that love to talk in background.. like facebook/FB messanger, and twitter for example.. i actually getting alot of lag and cpu load errors on my iPhone X in dji go app before when i had heavier social media apps installed.. i actually uninstaleld them and my problems melted away..

2019-2-11
Use props
djiuser_s2VS9WzK51tK
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hello, I’m using Iphone 7+, why the DJI Fly App keep on crashing. I need to use it urgent.
2020-7-10
Use props
Tiana
lvl.2

United States

Have you tried force quit the app and open it later? Or how about force restarting your iPhone? Besides, make sure that you have enough storage space, which in some ways, prevents the app from becoming crashing. Finally, if you are willing to use a third-party tool, then you could employ professional iOS system repair programs such as TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix your issue.
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules