7888 11 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ComelehwegO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 688356 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi All,

My SD card is stuck in the camera. I pushed it in to eject it but it did not pop back out. Any suggestions on how to get it out?

Is there a way to transfer files to my PC (not MAC) from the card without  removing the card?

Thanks for your support.

Umar
2019-2-10
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

You can transfer files by connecting the USB-C to USB cable to your PC and powering up the Osmo Pocket. It should appear on your desktop as a hard drive and you can access the files that way.  I've found because I keep my fingernails short that using my lightning connector adapter, the Lightning end pushes in the micro sd card just enough to pop mine out, maybe this will help you?
2019-2-10
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

A straightened paper clip is narrow enough to use as a 'push' device.  Start by placing the clip in the middle of the card and push down slightly (to see if your getting movement).  Look carefully and closely to see if the edge of the card is getting 'stuck' under the edge of the opening.  Try pressing the clip at the corner and while holding the card down, gently move side-to-side to see if you can get lateral movement.  

The idea is to try to make sure the card is centered on the opening from all directions.  When you get the card extracted, check it carefully for any signs of warping or chipping or bending.  If so, you'll just have to replace it.  if it were me, I would replace it regardless.  Good luck.

2019-2-10
Use props
ComelehwegO
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Arc Light Posted at 2-10 20:00
You can transfer files by connecting the USB-C to USB cable to your PC and powering up the Osmo Pocket. It should appear on your desktop as a hard drive and you can access the files that way.  I've found because I keep my fingernails short that using my lightning connector adapter, the Lightning end pushes in the micro sd card just enough to pop mine out, maybe this will help you?

H, thanks for the suggestions- they're much appreciated. I've tried connecting the OP to my Microsoft Surface Pro using the USB C connector but it doesn't show as a drive on the device. The OP shows that it is charging but nothing else. Maybe it could be a data cable issue. I'll try another cable and see what happens.

I got the SD card out after some fighting with a min pen knife .
2019-2-10
Use props
ComelehwegO
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

WebParrot Posted at 2-10 20:17
A straightened paper clip is narrow enough to use as a 'push' device.  Start by placing the clip in the middle of the card and push down slightly (to see if your getting movement).  Look carefully and closely to see if the edge of the card is getting 'stuck' under the edge of the opening.  Try pressing the clip at the corner and while holding the card down, gently move side-to-side to see if you can get lateral movement.  

The idea is to try to make sure the card is centered on the opening from all directions.  When you get the card extracted, check it carefully for any signs of warping or chipping or bending.  If so, you'll just have to replace it.  if it were me, I would replace it regardless.  Good luck.

Yes, you were right! Alignment is key.

Thanks for your suggestion. The card seems ok for now- Its very new.
2019-2-10
Use props
ngcw81
lvl.1
Singapore

ComelehwegO Posted at 2-10 22:32

you need to take out the phone connector (lightning/USB C) so that it could connect to PC with OP
2019-2-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

ComelehwegO Posted at 2-10 22:31
H, thanks for the suggestions- they're much appreciated. I've tried connecting the OP to my Microsoft Surface Pro using the USB C connector but it doesn't show as a drive on the device. The OP shows that it is charging but nothing else. Maybe it could be a data cable issue. I'll try another cable and see what happens.

Did you switch the Pocket on and then accept the connection on the Pocket screen?
2019-2-11
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

ComelehwegO Posted at 2-10 22:32

Yippeeeee!  That moment of relief ....

PS - Welcome to the forum :-)
2019-2-11
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

Yes as others have mentioned the phone connector should be removed or flipped to storage position and the Osmo Pocket must be turned on, If I recall correctly you may also have to click "ok" on the Pocket screen to a  connect message.
2019-2-11
Use props
ComelehwegO
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Dear All,

Thanks for all your quick and successful suggestions.

The issue with the connection to the laptop was the USB cable... When I switched the cable it worked perfectly.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ComelehwegO Posted at 2-12 02:13
Dear All,

Thanks for all your quick and successful suggestions.

Hi, we're sorry for the problem that you had with the Osmo Pocket. We're glad to know that you were able to fix the situation via the help of our valued customers. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_ms2tKNy5RwuA
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem, only with the pocket 2. I can press it in all the way but don't hear the click and the microSD card won't pop out.

The slot seems fragile, as does the part you have to remove in order to transfer files to the computer. In fact, the whole gimbal seems fragile- love it though, but wish it was a bit more solidly built. The fact the card is stuck only confirms what I already thought- it's very fragile. I don't expect it to last long. I tried the above but didn't work for me. Any other way to remove the micro SD card?

Also, assuming I ever get it out, is there a safe way to quickly transfer files that doesn't involve dealing with such fragile parts?

2022-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules