For the bat experts!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

FLying today, put in a bat a thought was charged fully, only registered 60%, decided to fly it anyway.  About a minute into the flight, the landing goes into landing mode and it does a critical emergency landing due to low bat.  The bat percentage still registering at aroung 50%.  Anybody have any clue WTF happened???  Thx Bolton
2019-2-10
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

If the battery had not been charged recently, it would have gone into self-discharge mode, preparing itself for storage, int his state the battery will drain rapidly. Never take off without a freshly (fully) charged battery.

Mark G.
2019-2-11
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

anything less than 70% creates a mess for me and I mean a mess, warning messages, motor overloads, battery discharges, whatever new warnings DJI incorporated into the last firmware.app updates I get, not to mention very frequent disconnects. Put in a 100% battery and all is pretty well, I'm not going to use the word perfect as that would be misleading at best. Charge 100% if your battery does not charge to 100% there is an issue you should look into, refresh it by discharging it to 5% or so an then charging it to 100%.
2019-2-12
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Read the instructions!!! If you don't fully charge your battery to 100% before ANY flight, you risk killing someone. Just don't be LAZY and say 60% I'll just fly anyway, real pilots MINIMIZE risk they don't embrace it. SAFETY FIRST!!! Ken.
2019-2-15
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Highasakite Posted at 2-15 13:52
Read the instructions!!! If you don't fully charge your battery to 100% before ANY flight, you risk killing someone. Just don't be LAZY and say 60% I'll just fly anyway, real pilots MINIMIZE risk they don't embrace it. SAFETY FIRST!!! Ken.

I wish you would read my post thoroughly before making stupid ass comments!!  I've got way more flight time than you, so I don't need any newbie lessons.  Something happened that has never happened before.
2019-2-15
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tridiver Posted at 2-15 17:27
I wish you would read my post thoroughly before making stupid ass comments!!  I've got way more flight time than you, so I don't need any newbie lessons.  Something happened that has never happened before.

YO Tri,

This is across multi platforms......Mavic/Phantom/Inspire/Air/Spark

Partially charged batteries do not read correctly in the GO/GO4 app.  You can "see" a 60% reading, however once in the air please check your CELL READINGS.

Anything less than 3.7vdc/cell CAN BE DANGEROUS.  Flying with 60% AND 3.65vdc/cell can cause you to crash/lose the AC.

The SYSTEM is designed to START with a fully charged battery.......anything less can get you in trouble quickly!!

Randy
2019-3-2
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-2 19:57
YO Tri,

This is across multi platforms......Mavic/Phantom/Inspire/Air/Spark

Thanks!  Finally a decent intelligent response.  I didn't check cell voltage in flight/under load, just on the ground and everything was fine.  haven't had a chance to fly the Inspire again yet but will soon and check it out.  Thanks you your response!  Bolton
2019-3-3
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Highasakite is a First Officer and outranks you, Second Officer Tridiver!
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I always take off with a 100% charged battery and so far no issues.
2019-4-23
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

dude, I have recently learned that when that happens it's because the battery is shot even though the app does not give any warning when you fire up the craft or the motors, if you open the battery page and monitor the voltages you will see even if you are at 100% the voltages will drop to red the second you apply power loading the battery. It is a scary sight, then almost as soon as you take off, failsafe kicks in and there is almost nothing you can do to keep the bird in the air. Your battery might not be so bad, but I guarantee it will get there, I corrected the issue on my worse offender by doing a couple of full discharge, charge cycles, though I and not ready to trust it yet. After buying a couple of new batteries and having them give me substantially longer flight time with absolutely no issues I proved to myself my older batteries were all hurting. The heat generated is pretty extreme too, you might want to monitor that too
2019-4-25
Use props
Highasakite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Hand salute Captain Mat, tridiver  needs some math practice also
2019-4-26
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your post says you thought it was fully charged but the battery actually only read 60% so you flew anyway. "But the battery only read 60%"  We all read your post and if you read what everyone is saying, They are all stating to only use a battery that reads 100% or weird things happen. Maybe you thought wrong since you made the decision to start at 60% or maybe you thought you posted something else. Who knows as this is what you "thought"
2019-6-19
Use props
jasonhart
New

Vietnam

Read the instructions!

2019-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules