Saving video to device
2288 7 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spud4210
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all, pretty new to this video editing. I am using a Samsung Tab A and with the DJI editing software. After hitting the complete button it goes through its process and at the end tells me it cant save to device. Video runs for about 2 minutes with music. Any suggestions apprecited
Cheers
2019-2-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Personally I do not like auto editors and prefer to transfer to PC and work on it myself.

I have such auto-editors on my DJi and my Soloshot ... both when I tested just to see what was result - I lost parts that I felt should have been still in and were to me important.

Sorry I cannot answer you question about the saving ... but - Are you sure you have enough spare space on the tablet / sd card to save the file ? Have you set the default 'drive' to save to ?

Are you transferring the High Res video from the drones SD card to your tablet ? Or using the low res video that the tablet records ?
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day spud4210. I am sorry to know that you are having this trouble today. May I please know what is the model of your DJI Drone for us to isolate the issue and for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-2-11
Use props
spud4210
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-11 08:40
Hello and good day spud4210. I am sorry to know that you are having this trouble today. May I please know what is the model of your DJI Drone for us to isolate the issue and for us to help you further. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, I am using the Phantom 4. I have uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app and reinstated it, but the same error comes up.
Thanks
2019-2-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I prefer transfer  to PC ..ALWAYS
2019-2-12
Use props
spud4210
lvl.1
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2-11 02:20
Personally I do not like auto editors and prefer to transfer to PC and work on it myself.

I have such auto-editors on my DJi and my Soloshot ... both when I tested just to see what was result - I lost parts that I felt should have been still in and were to me important.

Hi thanks for the reply,
there seems to be enough space in memory and I'm transferring the video from the SD card to the tablet.
Thanks
2019-2-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

spud4210 Posted at 2-12 01:59
Hi thanks for the reply,
there seems to be enough space in memory and I'm transferring the video from the SD card to the tablet.
Thanks

OK ... BUT ... this catches out many people ...

Space required to edit and save is greater than the video itself.

1. Space taken by original video
2. Space taken by editing software to page in / page out while editing
3. Edited video before saving.

So if you have a 4Gb video and let say 4.5Gb space available - it is most likely to fail to save as the space is inadequate for all three ops. Even if you save over top of original - it still needs extra space.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

spud4210 Posted at 2-12 01:26
Hi Stephen, I am using the Phantom 4. I have uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app and reinstated it, but the same error comes up.
Thanks

Thank you for the additional information you have shared spud4210. Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Tab A ). I am sorry to say that the mobile devices that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Phantom 4. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Tab A will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules