Suggestions for video light?
2361 22 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Suggestions for compact (but also bright and maybe with colour temperature adjustment) video light with tripod and/or hot-shoe mount to use with OP?
On the polarpro video promoting the new accessories for the OP, with the tripod mount, it has an external light that mounts on it.  DOes anyone know which one that is they used?

THanks

2019-2-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got in the Iwata GL-01 but have not try it out with the Op yet. Pretty neat though.

https://www.amazon.com/GL-01-300 ... RGEAR/dp/B07JJPLW18
2019-2-11
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I have a number of LED lights, including the Neewer CN-160, the GVB Gear GVBV162B, and the Aputure AL-M9 and AL-MX. While the Neewer and GVB are fine lights, I find myself most often reaching for the little Aputure lights, for my "selfies" and for filming in dark locations.

Included here are a photo of my OP rig in selfie mode, then a video frame grab with the light facing the other direction, both the with AL-MX

2019-2-12
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I use the Aputure Amaran AL-M9.  Listed at $45.  It's the size of a credit card so you can always have it in your pocket.  It charges via usb so no need to carry extra batteries, and it can last up to 1.5 hours at 100% brightness which means it will last longer at lower stops of brightness.  

Aputure Amaran Al-M9
2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

All depends on what you want to do with the OP. For Vlogging, The AL-M9 will probably be enough but I also plan on doing some unboxing and time lapse assembly videos so I want something with a bit more control. I'll probably have to pick up another light so I have light source from multiple angle.
2019-2-12
Use props
ByteBiz
lvl.2
United States

I use the ESSDI light - very happy with its performance and value.

ESSDI LED Video Light
2019-2-12
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 2-12 08:22
All depends on what you want to do with the OP. For Vlogging, The AL-M9 will probably be enough but I also plan on doing some unboxing and time lapse assembly videos so I want something with a bit more control. I'll probably have to pick up another light so I have light source from multiple angle.

That's why I picked up the more powerful Aputure AL-MX. Something like 3X more powerful than the AL-M9.
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

https://lumecube.com/collections/dslr-photo-video

Try Luke cubes they will have everything you need and more.
2019-2-12
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have these, either will work perfectly:

2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2-12 08:47
That's why I picked up the more powerful Aputure AL-MX. Something like 3X more powerful than the AL-M9.

The MX is nice, I was looking at it but I want something thinner that I can put in the OP travel case that I got. I may still get it later for my 2nd light or the new  Iwata Genius Pro which is a bit bigger but more powerful.
The Iwata PL-01 is probably the lightest one you can get with both color temp and brightness control.
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()
2019-2-12
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 2-12 09:53
The MX is nice, I was looking at it but I want something thinner that I can put in the OP travel case that I got. I may still get it later for my 2nd light or the new  Iwata Genius Pro which is a bit bigger but more powerful.
The Iwata PL-01 is probably the lightest one you can get with both color temp and brightness control.
([view_image])

I just noticed the 1/4"-20 thread is offset on the Iwata PL-01. That would be a deal breaker for me, as that would move the body of the light directly over my Pocket when lighting selfies, and interfere with the gimbal. As it is, with the AL-M9, I have to slide the light the opposite direction to avoid interfering with the gimbal
2019-2-12
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.2

United States

Hi! We have used the GVB Gear light: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... ight_on_camera.html and the ANDYCINE mount: https://www.amazon.com/ANDYCINE- ... =gateway&sr=8-3.

Though not very compact, this is a great option to consider!
2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2-12 10:15
I just noticed the 1/4"-20 thread is offset on the Iwata PL-01. That would be a deal breaker for me, as that would move the body of the light directly over my Pocket when lighting selfies, and interfere with the gimbal. As it is, with the AL-M9, I have to slide the light the opposite direction to avoid interfering with the gimbal

I thought it would be better in your case as the light is more centered towards the OP than the phone. The coldshoe mount should be tall enough so the bottom of  the light won't interfere with the gimbal. Let me get some picture with the full setup later.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi everyone. Thank you for sharing all your suggestion. I hope he gets the best recommendation with regards to his query. If there is any DJI related question, please feel free to reach us.  Thank you.
2019-2-12
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I'm using only LED lights with COB LEDs, they are  much brighter than usual LEDs.

2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2-12 10:15
I just noticed the 1/4"-20 thread is offset on the Iwata PL-01. That would be a deal breaker for me, as that would move the body of the light directly over my Pocket when lighting selfies, and interfere with the gimbal. As it is, with the AL-M9, I have to slide the light the opposite direction to avoid interfering with the gimbal

This is my setup. Have to use a box in place of the phone as I need it to take picture. The OP have plenty of clearance.

2019-2-14
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 09:47
https://lumecube.com/collections/dslr-photo-video

Try Luke cubes they will have everything you need and more.

Those looks great, actually seems portable enough to go along the Osmo Pocket. I like that they have filters to change the color temp on the light as well. I might give those a go, cheers for that tip.
2019-2-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Chris1a Posted at 2-15 07:47
Those looks great, actually seems portable enough to go along the Osmo Pocket. I like that they have filters to change the color temp on the light as well. I might give those a go, cheers for that tip.

No problem, A bit expensive but they are quality and very versatile.
2019-2-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

For Rockefellers   
I prefer above lights for small price - I think they are equal in quality.
2019-2-15
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190161 ft
United Kingdom

Aputure AL-MX Amaran LED Pocket-sized On-Camera Video Fill Light

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-2-15
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Haha, for Rockefeller³ and weight 499g ... fiiiiiiiine for OP   
2019-2-15
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

I see lume cube is compact but expensive for what it is. Other knock off brands also pop up on amazon.com but not sure about the quality.
2019-2-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AndyUS19 Posted at 2-16 09:38
I see lume cube is compact but expensive for what it is. Other knock off brands also pop up on amazon.com but not sure about the quality.

Yea the Lume Cube just cost too much for what it does, The Iwata GFL-01 does much better at $10 more, even the GS-01 is much better at $15 less. I also like take the slim form factor of the Iwata over a cube any day. It's much easier to slip in your pocket of the side of your camera case.
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules