Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What will you do with your regular RC when you have SC?
1127 12 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find that the original remote controller is useless once  I have my smart controller. It is almost new. Meanwhile, my Smatree case for mavic 2 pro (over 50 dollars) is not compatible for smart controller. What you guys do with your original remote controller?

Put in your cabinet?
Re-sell on ebay? but suppose nobody wants to buy it.

2019-2-11
Use props
NyVetteGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I thought about selling it on eBay but I like the redundancy of having an extra one  just in case...
2019-2-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with the redundancy part but while the SC is arguably a better controller I still like the ability to use my goggles. You can’t use the goggles with the SC...at least for now. IMHO the SC is great if you have a little shade for viewing but I prefer the goggles in bright sun if I’m shooting something...just my 2 cents.
2019-2-11
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

NyVetteGuy Posted at 2-11 19:29
I thought about selling it on eBay but I like the redundancy of having an extra one  just in case...

Maybe it is not worth to sell it. Suppose it can be sold for less than 200 dollars only.
2019-2-11
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2-11 19:49
I agree with the redundancy part but while the SC is arguably a better controller I still like the ability to use my goggles. You can’t use the goggles with the SC...at least for now. IMHO the SC is great if you have a little shade for viewing but I prefer the goggles in bright sun if I’m shooting something...just my 2 cents.

You are right: original RC is compatible for goggles, but I don't have. I need to charge the RC and to fly the drone sometime using CS, still wonder whether the firmware matches or not.
2019-2-11
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

I still hope that DJI will release the Dual Modus that was promised in manual v1.0, page 47. So you could use the SCR and the RC together....
2019-2-12
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

Bcor666 Posted at 2-12 00:03
I still hope that DJI will release the Dual Modus that was promised in manual v1.0, page 47. So you could use the SCR and the RC together....

I hope so
2019-2-12
Use props
Wolf T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

I'm going to keep using it since this 'Smart Controller' brick won't work with my M2ED.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the reaching out. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on what will they do with there remote controller after purchasing the new DJI Smart Controller. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-12
Use props
mau47
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2-11 19:49

I have not tried (or even researched the possibility) but is it possible to tether the goggles to the SRC similar to how you have to use them with the air?
2019-2-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You know it was promised that second remote would be able to be used with M2, you can use two remotes with Mavic Pro , so no reason why this can’t be done for M2, but redundancy is also a good option particularly if your planning to film in remote areas for long period of time .
2019-2-16
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

For now, mine is tucked away in the SC box.  
2019-2-16
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-16 14:43
You know it was promised that second remote would be able to be used with M2, you can use two remotes with Mavic Pro , so no reason why this can’t be done for M2, but redundancy is also a good option particularly if your planning to film in remote areas for long period of time .

Using two controllers together is definitely the best choice, and we just wish DJI can update the software in the near future.
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules