Manual gimbal control during Waypoints mission
4740 14 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave Zammit
lvl.1
Canada

Greetings,
I have flown a number of successful Waypoints missions but I am unable to manually control the gimbal angle of the Mavic Zoom during the mission. Is it possible to manually control the gimbal during a Waypoints mission? This is an important feature to me as I would like to perform some tilt reveal shots whilst utilising the Waypoints feature. Thanks. Dave.
2019-2-11
Use props
jwt-873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but If you press and hold your finger on your phone or tablet screen while in flight, you can change the direction of the gimbal by sliding your finger up or down/left or right.  

To get it properly oriented again, use the point straight down/point back up feature and it will return to the normal direction.
2019-2-12
Use props
fansf31f97fd
lvl.2
United States

In my experience you cannot adjust the gimbal during waypoint flying. You can adjust the yaw during the “free” mode but that’s about it. Gimbal adjustment is on my wish list.
2019-2-12
Use props
Dave Zammit
lvl.1
Canada

jwt-873 Posted at 2-12 07:11
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but If you press and hold your finger on your phone or tablet screen while in flight, you can change the direction of the gimbal by sliding your finger up or down/left or right.  

To get it properly oriented again, use the point straight down/point back up feature and it will return to the normal direction.

Thanks for that. However, that works fine when you are flying in other modes but not during a Waypoints mission. It would be wonderful if DJI could enable manual control as it is difficult to predict the gimbal angle prior to flying a mission. Appreciate your help.
2019-2-12
Use props
Dave Zammit
lvl.1
Canada

fansf31f97fd Posted at 2-12 07:18
In my experience you cannot adjust the gimbal during waypoint flying. You can adjust the yaw during the “free” mode but that’s about it. Gimbal adjustment is on my wish list.

Yes, I was aftraid I would receive that answer. Hopefully DJI will enable manual control in the future. Appreciate your help.
2019-2-12
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 2-12 07:11
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you want, but If you press and hold your finger on your phone or tablet screen while in flight, you can change the direction of the gimbal by sliding your finger up or down/left or right.  

May not be the right place to ask... on a Mavic Pro (1) can the gimbal be moved left and right while flying in on direction.... I know I can move "up" and "down" just not sure I have seen option/control to pan left and right without turn of drone direction.

Thanks
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the gimbal can't be controlled manually during the waypoint mission, however, you could set the camera on each waypoint. For the mean-time, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department to see if we could provide this information in the future. Thank you for understanding. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-2-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2-12 12:13
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the gimbal can't be controlled manually during the waypoint mission, however, you could set the camera on each waypoint. For the mean-time, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department to see if we could provide this information in the future. Thank you for understanding. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

Don't bother giving crap advice, since the gimbal movement and drone yaw movements are not usable for cinematography purposes.
2019-2-12
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Dave Zammit Posted at 2-12 09:09
Yes, I was aftraid I would receive that answer. Hopefully DJI will enable manual control in the future. Appreciate your help.

One workaround for you, though it comes with a price tag, is to buy Litchi.

This app supports FAR BETTER waypoint controls with DJI drones, including the M2's, and it allows for manual gimbal control during a waypoint mission.

Cheers
2019-2-12
Use props
fansf31f97fd
lvl.2
United States

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the gimbal can't be controlled manually during the waypoint mission, however, you could set the camera on each waypoint. For the mean-time, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department to see if we could provide this information in the future. Thank you for understanding. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

That would be wonderful. Would appreciate it on the Crystalsky also. I have set the various waypoints to individual settings and this has helped a bunch but with out flying the mission several times to get it exact I wind up missing the perfect pitch by a degree or two it seems every time. The ability to adjust the gimbal on the fly (pun intended) would be fantastic. Thank you!
2019-2-12
Use props
Dave Zammit
lvl.1
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-12 12:28
One workaround for you, though it comes with a price tag, is to buy Litchi.

This app supports FAR BETTER waypoint controls with DJI drones, including the M2's, and it allows for manual gimbal control during a waypoint mission.

Thanks. That sounds like good advice.
2019-2-12
Use props
Dave Zammit
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the gimbal can't be controlled manually during the waypoint mission, however, you could set the camera on each waypoint. For the mean-time, we will consider this as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department to see if we could provide this information in the future. Thank you for understanding. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.

Thanks for confirming this. At least I know not to keep trying different settings. I appreciate you forwarding this as a suggestion as manually controlling the gimbal during a waypoints mission would be so useful.
2019-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Waypoints mission mode is probably the one that can be improved the most in the current DJI GO 4. And yes, live gimbal control would be awesome.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansf31f97fd Posted at 2-12 16:11
That would be wonderful. Would appreciate it on the Crystalsky also. I have set the various waypoints to individual settings and this has helped a bunch but with out flying the mission several times to get it exact I wind up missing the perfect pitch by a degree or two it seems every time. The ability to adjust the gimbal on the fly (pun intended) would be fantastic. Thank you!

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Actually, we've received this suggestion on Crystal sky from other forum members as well and that has been forwarded to our designated team. I'm afraid that currently, we haven't received feedback from our team if this feature would be supported soon. No worries, if the Crystal Sky would support the waypoint feature, this should be cascaded by our valued customers like you. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dave Zammit Posted at 2-12 22:14
Thanks for confirming this. At least I know not to keep trying different settings. I appreciate you forwarding this as a suggestion as manually controlling the gimbal during a waypoints mission would be so useful.

Hi, thanks for your input. Sorry that as of this moment, that process can't be achieved on mission waypoint, however, we've successfully forwarded it to our designated department. Please pay attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for understanding in regards to this situation.
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules