Spark gains altitude and keeps going up on low battery return to home function
1329 8 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf545d2f7
lvl.1
Australia

Hi just had the Spark suddenly take off and gain altitude when the low battery return home function activated.
I successfully used this function on the battery used immediately before this event and the aircraft landed perfectly where it took off from.
On the second event as it suddenly gained altitude on its own but as I had visual contact I was able to take over control and land manually.
Any ideas?
Firmware same from around Christmas
Regards, Tony
2019-2-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.
2019-2-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What is your RTH height?

Did you fly UNDER that height limit for RTH?
Than the bird is going up to the set height, first.
All calculated in the auto battery RTH
2019-2-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

If your Spark was 3-20 meters from you on the first RTH and you had return at RTH altitude selected, it would RTH at the altitude it was at and then descend and land.  If on the second RTH the Spark was farther than 20 meters from you, it would climb to the pre-selected RTH altitude, fly back, descend and land.  If this is the scenario you had (first RTH inside 20 meters and second RTH outside 20 meters) your Spark was acting normally.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If you were flying at low altitude compared to the preferred RTH altitude that you've set on the DJI GO 4 app, the aircraft will ascend to meet that preferred altitude and locate your home-point when the RTH function is activated. Hope this would clarify your concern. Please let us know if you have other queries. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-12
Use props
fansf545d2f7
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks everyone for the quick replies!
Why didn’t I think of that myself? There’s a first time for everyone.
Makes perfect sense, I guess I just panicked when I saw it go up!
2019-2-13
Use props
set my new username
lvl.4
United States

did it take off by itself?
2019-2-19
Use props
set my new username
lvl.4
United States

JustinPeter Posted at 2-19 15:23
Good discussion. Thanks all

sorry didn't realize the discussion was over
2019-2-19
Use props
Techque
lvl.1
United States

I had a similar problem, except it was under a tree!! Not pretty; eventually fell out of the sky. I was never able to regain control.  Tried cancelling 'return to home', but was low battery activated and would not let go.  Any ideas?
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules