Osmo Pocket RAW quality
11033 18 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Whilst OP won't replace your DSLR/MILC in terms of image quality, it is a super light and compact camera that you can carry with you all the time. I was interested to try out OPs RAW photos to see what the RAW quality is like.  

Parkdale Beach

Parkdale Beach

The resulting image was mildly post-processed in ON1 RAW. Whilst IMO OP photos are a little soft, overall I think the result are not bad for such a small unit. The uploaded photo has been downsized from 4000x3000 to 1440x1080 to fit the forum guidlines.

Cheers

Steve

2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nice shot. Thank you for sharing your review with our Osmo Pocket. If  there is any help needed, please let us know. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s a pretty good photo, I think it would look great taken with 4 second exposure. Good job .
2019-2-12
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 16:59
That’s a pretty good photo, I think it would look great taken with 4 second exposure. Good job .

Thanks. Yes I agree, but I never had my ND filter kit or tripod with me otherwise I would have ;) (silly me!!) Having the camera on a gimbal probably means you can hand hold to a much slower shutter speed, but I haven't had a chance to test this out yet.
2019-2-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wonderful capture!
2019-2-12
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks! The saying "the best camera is the one you have with you" certainly applies to OP. Being able to have it with me all the time will hopefully increase my output and creativity. Cheers Steve
2019-2-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot. Looks pretty good
2019-2-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

forbsie Posted at 2-12 19:25
Thanks! The saying "the best camera is the one you have with you" certainly applies to OP. Being able to have it with me all the time will hopefully increase my output and creativity. Cheers Steve

You're welcome!
2019-2-13
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Singapore

It is not sharped by in body software so it is completly fine for me, it is just a sharp lens. It is easier to soft the image in photoshop anyway.
2019-2-13
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Singapore

Have you noticed the center of the image always much brighter?
2019-2-13
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Cool h Posted at 2-13 07:17

I did notice. Can't call it exactly vignetting but something weird definitely going on.
2019-2-13
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Woe Posted at 2-13 05:36
Nice shot. Looks pretty good

Thanks Woe
2019-2-13
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cool h Posted at 2-13 07:17

I hadn't actually noticed it, but I've not taken that many photos with OP yet. I did add a light vignette to the image I posted above, so it is definitely brighter in the centre
2019-2-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2019-2-13
Use props
djiuser_tiiasmUTjeFW
New
Poland

Hi! Nice shot.

Are you able to import the raw picture directly into your phone? I have an iPhone 6s Plus but I can only see the jpeg file
2019-5-17
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_tiiasmUTjeFW Posted at 5-17 10:25
Hi! Nice shot.

Are you able to import the raw picture directly into your phone? I have an iPhone 6s Plus but I can only see the jpeg file

Thanks. No I don't think you can import the RAW image directly to the phone, but you might be able to by connecting to the OP via Bluetooth and using a 3rd Party App to transfer the file .. not sure it is worth the trouble though. Good luck
2019-5-17
Use props
bcclimber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74521 ft
Canada

Very glad I popped into this forum – I was just going to buy one of these as they're on sale, but wanted to double check they shot RAW. Learning that they can't without a phone attached is a deal-breaker. Disappointing, but I suspect the next generation will address that huge shortcoming.
2019-7-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

bcclimber Posted at 7-15 19:10
Very glad I popped into this forum – I was just going to buy one of these as they're on sale, but wanted to double check they shot RAW. Learning that they can't without a phone attached is a deal-breaker. Disappointing, but I suspect the next generation will address that huge shortcoming.

No, the Osmo Pocket can capture raw images without a phone. You just have to have it set to the Pro setting.
2019-7-15
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

bcclimber Posted at 7-15 19:10
Very glad I popped into this forum – I was just going to buy one of these as they're on sale, but wanted to double check they shot RAW. Learning that they can't without a phone attached is a deal-breaker. Disappointing, but I suspect the next generation will address that huge shortcoming.

No you don't need to be attached to a phone to take RAW photos. As Ray-CubeAce said just use Pro setting to enable RAW capture.
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules