Option to RTH, Hover or Land on Loss of RC Signal
4830 15 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nilanjan Sharma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

There used to be an option under Advanced Settings to choose what the Spark will do when the connection to the RC is lost.
There were 3 options to choose from -
1. Return to Home
2. Hover
3. Land
However, I am not able to find this option anymore.
I think it has been removed in one of the recent updates of the Go4 app.
So is it safe to assume that the AC will do an RTH when RC connection is  lost and it is the default setting which cannot be changed?
Just want to be sure that I am not overlooking something.

2019-2-12
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I've had my Spark since July of 2017 and have never seen that option.  Are you sure it wasn't for another DJI product???
2019-2-12
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

Rustic17 Posted at 2-12 22:54
I've had my Spark since July of 2017 and have never seen that option.  Are you sure it wasn't for another DJI product???

Spark is the only drone I have and I am very sure that I saw those options during my initial days and wondered what use is the hover and land option for.
2019-2-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Spark doesn't have the options to select reaction when it loses connection.If you don't want a rth stay within 20 mtr of the spark, the spark will the hover and land.

2019-2-12
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Well, I just checked Spark Manuals 1.0, 1.4 and 1.6 and didn't see anything there.  Bottom line is there is not the option you're talking about now so if you lose signal from RC to Spark it will RTH following the settings you previously entered for RTH altitude and whether you opted to RTH at current altitude or not.  See following:
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, The Spark does not have these settings, but instead only has one setting “Sensor State”, which can just turn the sensors on or off. The Spark is a little bit different with how DJI’s Return to Home operates. When the Spark’s RTH is triggered, if the drone is between 3 meters to 20 meters from its home point then the drone will just land automatically with the RTH at Current Altitude option disabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4). If the option is enabled, then the Spark will not ascend if already at the height of 2.5m or more, but if below 2.5m then it will ascend to 2.5m during its RTH. Finally, if the Spark is more than 20m meters away, then it’ll ascend to the set RTH height before heading back home. One last thing you need to be aware of during the Spark’s RTH is that if it is farther than 100 meters away then the aircraft will return home at a speed of 10m/s and it can’t avoid obstacles. If RTH is used less than 100 meters away, then Obstacle Avoidance will be enabled, and the Spark will avoid obstacles if the lighting conditions are adequate. I hope this helps. Thank you.
2019-2-13
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-13 09:34
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, The Spark does not have these settings, but instead only has one setting “Sensor State”, which can just turn the sensors on or off. The Spark is a little bit different with how DJI’s Return to Home operates. When the Spark’s RTH is triggered, if the drone is between 3 meters to 20 meters from its home point then the drone will just land automatically with the RTH at Current Altitude option disabled (the default setting in DJI GO 4). If the option is enabled, then the Spark will not ascend if already at the height of 2.5m or more, but if below 2.5m then it will ascend to 2.5m during its RTH. Finally, if the Spark is more than 20m meters away, then it’ll ascend to the set RTH height before heading back home. One last thing you need to be aware of during the Spark’s RTH is that if it is farther than 100 meters away then the aircraft will return home at a speed of 10m/s and it can’t avoid obstacles. If RTH is used less than 100 meters away, then Obstacle Avoidance will be enabled, and the Spark will avoid obstacles if the lighting conditions are adequate. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Well that option was definitely there when I first bought the Spark in Oct 2018.
I posted the same question in SparkPilots forum too and people have agreed seeing that option on the Spark before.
Anyway, thank you for your reply. I have my doubt cleared now.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

nilanjan118 Posted at 2-13 15:53
Well that option was definitely there when I first bought the Spark in Oct 2018.
I posted the same question in SparkPilots forum too and people have agreed seeing that option on the Spark before.

You're most welcome. Should you have further question, please let us know. We're happy to help. Thank you and have a nice day.
2019-2-13
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I posted the same question in SparkPilots forum too and people have agreed seeing that option on the Spark before.

I think you have right, I have both mavic and spark so I couln't remember that.
I will try an old GO4 app
2019-2-13
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I posted the same question in SparkPilots forum too and people have agreed seeing that option on the Spark before.

It can be that you have seen an option, which wasn't meant to be seen for Spark-User.
Every now and then, Spark user have seen the "PAF" switch on/off option in  older Go4 apps.
Connected to USB cable use, but before it got official.

Here a picture of the "PAF" switching on option, but that is for Phantom 4
As we know, we just have "PS"
Nevertheless, it switched that "PS" hardware swith off, on our remotes.
Which got a "lot" of:
-"Sport not working- topics in here.

I have not you described option, perhaps it was in a version, I did not fly.
But you can try to find out:
apk mirror and install the available app from around the time you got your bird!

;-)

Edit:
apk mirror just for Droids. If on iOS, you are in "bad luck"

2019-2-14
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

On my first 3 or 4 flights with phone only, and no remote, my spark was regognised as mavic, and i had minimap on screen.. Could turn lights on or off, an all those cool features, but when it finally showed as spark, those were gone... Could be you had the same?
2019-2-14
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

Joller79 DK Posted at 2-14 13:04
On my first 3 or 4 flights with phone only, and no remote, my spark was regognised as mavic, and i had minimap on screen.. Could turn lights on or off, an all those cool features, but when it finally showed as spark, those were gone... Could be you had the same?

That's quite interesting. Now I can't tell for sure if that was the case with me.
2019-2-14
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

nilanjan118 Posted at 2-14 15:38
That's quite interesting. Now I can't tell for sure if that was the case with me.

Found this with a search, and although an older thread, thought best to post up here.

The Spark is an excellent small drone for flying in tight areas like forest floor, around tree trunks, inside buildings etc.
Having loss of signal RTH is just a problem with tree canopy, and also I expect flying inside buildings etc, if the wifi is interrupted.
Although of course you would always follow the drone as closely as possible to avoid signal loss, wifi can be disrupted and in these cases a Spark is then susceptible to rising into a tree canopy, or building structure.

Hover may or may not have been available in Go4 at some stage, but why can hover option not be there for pilots to choose for some flights ?

I can see that a safe 15 mins flight time of the Spark can be a problem with battery drain with hover option set, but it should be up to a drone pilot to choose what's best for each flight and location.
If nearby like one should be flying such places, you can just get closer, or move a little, to regain signal and control, and fly on or return to pilot.

Is it possible for the hover option in case of loss of signal to be made available at some future time ?
I'd like to have the choice for flights I consider hover the best option.

Another option might be to be able to turn off RTH altogether where loss of wifi signal occurs.
2019-11-9
Use props
nilanjan118
lvl.4
Japan

Mavic_South_Oz Posted at 11-9 00:16
Found this with a search, and although an older thread, thought best to post up here.

The Spark is an excellent small drone for flying in tight areas like forest floor, around tree trunks, inside buildings etc.

Hello mate, interesting thoughts. But none of the options you suggested are available for the Spark. Loss of signal on the Spark means it will simply turn around and return home at set altitude.
2019-11-9
Use props
Mavic_South_Oz
lvl.2
Australia

nilanjan118 Posted at 11-9 00:49
Hello mate, interesting thoughts. But none of the options you suggested are available for the Spark. Loss of signal on the Spark means it will simply turn around and return home at set altitude.

Yep, seems that the Spark isn't the best for tight places as I thought, just too risky if wifi is lost.
Will either use the M1P or maybe the new mini has the options needed to avoid RTH when that is not ideal.
Will check that out.
The Sparks only benefit to me now is a bit of fun in Sports mode as it is very nimble and a bit of fun in that mode.
2019-11-9
Use props
Crack4sure
lvl.1

Pakistan

All reply is very ipresive
2019-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules