Issues turning battery grip off?
886 8 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnoxVegas
lvl.1
United States

Hello!

Trying to get my companies Ronnin-S battery grip/handel to turn off. I have updated it to the latest firmwear it shows, went into to shoot and record some video and everything works great. Went to power down the ronnin and then tried to power off the battery grip. The lights stay all green, I have 4 green lights. When I go to press the button then long press nothing at all happens. Its almost like the battery is stuck in the on position?

Thanks!
Cody aka KnoxVegas
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cody, any chance to share us a short video of how you turn off the gimbal and grip? We would like to verify if you run it properly, thank you.
2019-2-14
Use props
KnoxVegas
lvl.1
United States

Odd, I was having issues with the power bank, now since I couldn't get it to turn off, I'm having issues just trying to power it on??? I plugged it in thinking maybe something to do with it being left on all night maybe it lost power, but I think the battery is just dead now? I plugged it in with the provided power cord usb-c and the wall adapter? Any ideas, I made sure that the head was seated on the battery fine. This is kind of a bummer, it was working great yesterday while the battery was working?

I know I charged it when we first got it for the recommend time 2 hours and 15 mins. I even left it go for just a little after that, worked fine?
2019-2-14
Use props
KnoxVegas
lvl.1
United States

Also here is a video of what is going on? I'm turning the power off on the top. Then going to turn the power off on the battery at the bottom, with no luck. It just stays on. I was actually able to plug it into the computer and it magically came back on? Maybe the connection on the top was not seated perfectly?

Edit I can't post a video link in order to show you what is going on so I will dm you a link!
2019-2-14
Use props
Meierhans
lvl.2
Germany

Did you try a really quick short press, then long press? Kind of like a double click on mouse.
Maybe time windows is shorter with newer update. If this does not work its most likely a faulty unit
that needs repair or replacement.
2019-2-14
Use props
KnoxVegas
lvl.1
United States

Meierhans Posted at 2-14 17:09
Did you try a really quick short press, then long press? Kind of like a double click on mouse.
Maybe time windows is shorter with newer update. If this does not work its most likely a faulty unit
that needs repair or replacement.

Any chance buying a new hand grip battery will fix the issue? Might also send in the hang grip for repair. It did turn back on once plugging it back into the PC? Once it was on the battery is full. And the gimbal works like a charm.
2019-2-15
Use props
KnoxVegas
lvl.1
United States

Well I have placed an order to get a new battery grip to see if maybe that was the cause. If not then I will just have to send it in.
2019-2-15
Use props
Horn_Bee
lvl.1

Did you ever get a resolution for this problem? I am experiencing the exact same thing on my new Ronin-s and would like to avoid sending it back if I can avoid it.
2019-9-5
Use props
Adi Dobre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266010 ft

Same problem here.
2019-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules