Disconnects
651 9 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

I recently had a few disconnects. Most of the time the phone said disconnect, but the controller still reacted, so i could bring it back. I had 1 time last week where the controller did not reacted either, so i quickly restarted it, but before it could make connection again the drone did a RTH and came back. Today it disconnected again, but the controller kept working, so i used the lcd to bring it home. Drone has the latest firmware, rc too. Latest go app, and it happend on multiple locations.  Anyone an idea? I am going to refresh the firmware tonight. It starts to get annoying,  to have your drone 1km out and suddenly no image anymore
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, We're very sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience that you had with your Mavic Pro. Regarding that, can you please try to check your USB cable? Please try to use different cable so we can check. May I also know what mobile device are you using? Please make sure you are using a compatible device for reliability purposes. I also suggest you refresh the firmware of your drone via DJI Assistant 2 and re-link your remote controller to the aircraft. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Screenshot_13.png
2019-2-13
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

Try to set the phone in airplane mode.
2019-2-13
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Are you using a cable connected to the bottom of the controller and not the side ? you will get a better connection doing that also which phone are you using ? Another thing to try is turn off caching to your
phone if it is a Android  and as another already mentioned  put your mobile device in Airplane mode.
2019-2-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

also worth looking to see that yr rc devise holder is not pressing on yr device home or return buttons - i went through a patch of unusual disconnects which seemed to end about the time i think i noticed the rc clamp was depressing my device buttons - thats when my cover is off - when my cover is on then the cable does not insert perfectly - so that could be another thing to look at.
2019-2-13
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

I use a Galaxy a5 (2017). I use the side cable because i hate to use the bottom one, can't stand the big connector in my phone where my hand is.
During the disconnect I took the usb out, and got a warning that the connection to the remote was lost. I put it back, the alert went away but it still said disconnect with a gray screen.
2019-2-13
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 2-13 12:12
also worth looking to see that yr rc devise holder is not pressing on yr device home or return buttons - i went through a patch of unusual disconnects which seemed to end about the time i think i noticed the rc clamp was depressing my device buttons - thats when my cover is off - when my cover is on then the cable does not insert perfectly - so that could be another thing to look at.

Device is properly attached, like always, and normaly i do not have problems.

I flew a few times more today, after this, and that went without problems
2019-2-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2-13 12:27
Device is properly attached, like always, and normaly i do not have problems.

I flew a few times more today, after this, and that went without problems

hope you get to the bottom of it
2019-2-13
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

Did a full reset of firmware from ac and rc yesterday, tried today, and did not even dare to take off. During start-up it already have a couple of disconnects, so it is even worse than before. Got a video, gonna true to post it tomorrow or the day after. Will try a different cable or I will downgrade the app first. Hopefully I can try it tomorrow
2019-2-15
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Netherlands

Did a downgrade to .11, tried today, so far no problems
2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules