Ronin S motors not engaging!
5660 6 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
richardstow
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just gone to use my Ronin S, turned it on, and the motors don't engage - at all. The lights come on, it makes it's beep, and then... nothing. The motors do not engage at all. The camera is not overloading it (it's a Fujifilm X-T3 with 23mm lens on - not heavy) - it's correctly balanced - and I have used the Ronin S a lot in the last few months, so I know how to set it up normally. I have just updated it to the latest firmware. It seems to connect to the laptop and do the firmware update no problem. It also connects to the app on my phone, via bluetooth, no problem.
Can anyone help?! This was a nightmare as I was on a job with a client and could not resolve it! Help please!  

2019-2-13
Use props
ddrummer1193
lvl.2
United States

are they paused in the app?
2019-2-13
Use props
richardstow
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No, they're not
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi richardstow, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, please make the Auto Tune after balancing the gimbal physically, if there is no luck, please try to restore the settings to the factory default in the APP to see if the motor will get engaged, thank you.
2019-2-14
Use props
richardstow
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, I have already tried that - but still nothing.
Have you got any other suggestions?
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

richardstow Posted at 2-14 07:27
Hi, I have already tried that - but still nothing.
Have you got any other suggestions?

Did you try to increase the Stiffness value? Do you have another camera to have a test?
2019-2-18
Use props
DaSilva_Geo
New

Brazil

Hi, were you able to solve the problem? I'm having the same issue. Sometimes the motors engage and other times they don't. I've updated my ronin-s to the latest version, reset it, tried other camera and nothing seems to help. The interesting thing is, most times when I turn it on all the lights go on the starting beep is normal but the motors are just dead, however, if I start moving the gimbal arms around it will eventually start working. After that it works perfectly until I turn it off or pause the motors, then the nightmare starts again.
2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules