Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery mod with 28PLUS flight time - Confirmed !!
35836 28 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Hi,
I thought of raising this subject again here. Sharing a link where you can actually get your DJI SPARK to fly minimum 25 PLUS minutes up to a 5 kilometer (16500 ft.) distance 1 way. Tried and Tested by the user.

One link is to a power adaptor kit where the trick is simply tapping the power line from the SPARK battery connector port. No internal modification is done. However you need to switch to a non-DJi battery mode for achieving a flight time of 25 PLUS minutes.     You will not be using the OEM battery  but any other Li poly battery starting from 1300mAh  up to 1800mAh ofcourse with 11.2V capacity ( 3S )

http://www.uavmods.co.uk/store/products/144484

Second link is to buy a modified OEM battery and use an external Lipoly battery to ahieve similar results as the first one. Again tried and tested product.

https://fpvcustoms.com/products/ ... udeds-free-shipping

Enjoy !!
2019-2-13
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Certainly this is NOT dJI approve!
2019-2-13
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

this looks heavy on the Spark
but i may use it when trying to go 2km+ up
2019-2-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

SAADHERO Posted at 2-14 00:05
this looks heavy on the Spark
but i may use it when trying to go 2km+ up

Well for those of you who require a 27 minutes PLUS flight time on a normal 12 minutes SPARK  !!
For 2 KM and up versions , you will require to be in FCC mode and to reach 5KM distances , you require an additional antenaa to be inserted to the RC without any internal modification which is also available!!

2019-2-14
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

S.J Posted at 2-14 00:24
Well for those of you who require a 27 minutes PLUS flight time on a normal 12 minutes SPARK  !!
For 2 KM and up versions , you will require to be in FCC mode and to reach 5KM distances , you require an additional antenaa to be inserted to the RC without any internal modification which is also available!!

am not speaking about Horizontal Axis
i want to go up to 2km in the sky i can get 2km straight but up 500m lock
2019-2-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

SAADHERO Posted at 2-14 03:26
am not speaking about Horizontal Axis
i want to go up to 2km in the sky i can get 2km straight but up 500m lock

I know how to go 2 Km vertical up without having any mod  but i would not allow you to do that as it is not correct as a pilot
2019-2-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

I'm a bit sceptic here...

The standard battery for the Spark has a capacity on 1480 mAh and 3 cells. That gives you about 12 minutes of realistic flight time. I tried to eCalc a real Spark and got 12.8 min real flight time, which is about right. Also the max RPM is in the correct range (about 12000 rpms).
Now, lets assume, we add another 1480 mAh LiPo battery (plus its weight!) to it, we only get a realistic 18.3 min. real flight time, NOT the 25 min. plus.
Additionally, the Thrust-to-weight ratio goes down to 1.3, so thats a very lame bird now.

See the 2 eCalc sheets attached for reference:
Real Spark:

Spark with double sized battery:

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-14
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Wolferl Posted at 2-14 03:42

The standard battery for the Spark has a capacity on 1480 mAh and 3 cells. That gives you about 12 minutes of realistic flight time. I tried to eCalc a real Spark and got 12.8 min real flight time, which is about right. Also the max RPM is in the correct range (about 12000 rpms).
You maybe right here but the video clearly shows a 29 minutes flight time with 6 or 5 % remaining.

I know for sure Spark can carry a weight of 95g without any hesitation.
Also the user speaks of getting this flight time in sports mode with full forward thrust !!
I think the "C" factor may come into play here for the same mAhr. capacity battery.

Regarding weight ,thrust, battery consumption ,flight time relation,  i haven't been through these parameters for a long time.

I guess the second option is possible to achieve near to the flight time but the option 1 may be in for a debate unless u are using a second battery along with the OEM.

Will do a reverse calculation in the coming days....

2019-2-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

S.J Posted at 2-14 04:22
You maybe right here but the video clearly shows a 29 minutes flight time with 6 or 5 % remaining.

I know for sure Spark can carry a weight of 95g without any hesitation.

Hi,

it is IMHO cleary a fake. Just use common sense here: it is simply not possible to get twice the flight time by doubling the battery capacity! That would only be true if the extra battery weighs nothing...but such a weightless battery is difficult to obtain.
Regarding battery C rating: it has nothing to do with it. If you double the battery size and get about double flight time (as advertised), the battery current /per battery/ is half, so you could even use cheaper batteries with a lower C rating. So thats not a factor here.
Regarding sports mode: Current sonsumption on a Spark is nearly the same, no matter if hovering or going forward in sports mode. Not a factor.
Regarding extra weight: Yes, the Spark is capable of carrying about 160 grams of extra weight and still able to fly safely. But there's no free lunch here: at reduced flight time.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-14
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 2-14 05:06
Hi,

it is IMHO cleary a fake. Just use common sense here: it is simply not possible to get twice the flight time by doubling the battery capacity! That would only be true if the extra battery weighs nothing...but such a weightless battery is difficult to obtain.

Well said Wolferi, besides the whole set-up, is very clumsy and ugly!
Cheers.
2019-2-14
Use props
BMelody
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3146 ft
United States

How many Sparks will it take to lift my Honda 2K generator?  Just think I could fly forever, well until I run out of gas.

2019-2-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

BMelody Posted at 2-14 09:19
How many Sparks will it take to lift my Honda 2K generator?  Just think I could fly forever, well until I run out of gas.

[view_image]

hrhr

Without knowing how much that generator weighs, I'd say "too many".

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-14
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

S.J Posted at 2-14 03:38
I know how to go 2 Km vertical up without having any mod  but i would not allow you to do that as it is not correct as a pilot

well i know that its not allowed in most country's
but here in Kuwait u know the desert is pretty big for such test and airport is pretty far so and there is no height limit for Kuwait
if u really know a method that i can do without needing to downgrade to .300 that would be useful to do once as its winter and the clouds look pretty good those last days
such flight would be amazing shot
2019-2-14
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Wolferl Posted at 2-14 03:42

The standard battery for the Spark has a capacity on 1480 mAh and 3 cells. That gives you about 12 minutes of realistic flight time. I tried to eCalc a real Spark and got 12.8 min real flight time, which is about right. Also the max RPM is in the correct range (about 12000 rpms).

You showed him all the graph and calculus and the guy is still "the video clearly show a 29 minute battery" guess the proof wasn't good enough against a video.

The only way to get more flight time would be to get a battery with more capacity but still the same weight. For now it's too expensive to produce but one day it will come.
2019-2-14
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Austria

darkfull1 Posted at 2-14 16:15
You showed him all the graph and calculus and the guy is still "the video clearly show a 29 minute battery" guess the proof wasn't good enough against a video.

The only way to get more flight time would be to get a battery with more capacity but still the same weight. For now it's too expensive to produce but one day it will come.

Yea, well, that guy wants to sell his stuff to people who believe everything, so he exaggerates as much as possible.
I personally don't think that there will ever be much lighter lithium based batteries compared to them we have now. But, I admit, that's speculation...

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-15
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Wolferl Posted at 2-15 00:59
Yea, well, that guy wants to sell his stuff to people who believe everything, so he exaggerates as much as possible.
I personally don't think that there will ever be much lighter lithium based batteries compared to them we have now. But, I admit, that's speculation...

It might not be lithium based but it will evolved.
2019-2-15
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Can you buy one & confirm personally? Otherwise, it's not confirmed by the OP - just speculation. Disconnect the downward sensor for larger battery packs? Sounds complicated. I may as well but a Mavic or more batteries.
2019-2-15
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

I am actually immersed into some python coding and very very busy . Can a video be a better evidence than a calculation '.  I dont  have an answer but for me both needs to be verified.

However i have requested a 3D print of a SPARK battery connector (female ) to safely plug a connector to the SPARK side in order to do an external Lipoly connection and flight
test. Atleast the user has shared the terminals to be tapped on the SPARK battery connector port .

. Pic as attached
2019-2-15
Use props
djiuser_OTINgqTCtFp5
New

United States

Wolferl Posted at 2-14 05:06
Hi,

it is IMHO cleary a fake. Just use common sense here: it is simply not possible to get twice the flight time by doubling the battery capacity! That would only be true if the extra battery weighs nothing...but such a weightless battery is difficult to obtain.

Hello; for those who say can not go twice the distance with added battery, your math is wrong.  You are forgetting to realize that the single battery has to carry battery weight+ Spark weight+ lights usage+ camera and xmit/rec data + all electronics and sensors that make this baby work.  Now the extra battery only has to carry its own weight, all the other usage and weight being taken care of by the org battery.  So I say it should fly Atleast double time as single battery.
Randy Sumner
Electrical Engineer
2019-10-30
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_OTINgqTCtFp5 Posted at 10-30 14:08
Hello; for those who say can not go twice the distance with added battery, your math is wrong.  You are forgetting to realize that the single battery has to carry battery weight+ Spark weight+ lights usage+ camera and xmit/rec data + all electronics and sensors that make this baby work.  Now the extra battery only has to carry its own weight, all the other usage and weight being taken care of by the org battery.  So I say it should fly Atleast double time as single battery.
Randy Sumner
Electrical Engineer

Hi Randy,

Sorry, but you are doing it wrong :-)
You need to see the whole system.
Lets see: double flight time is only possible with a double sized battery. Agreed?
But that double sized battery must weigh the same as the single sized battery to obtain double flight time. Agreed?
A battery this light does not exist on this earth. At least not yet :-)
Future will tell....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-10-31
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

clouds look pretty good those last days

if you go through the clouds you will not be able to come back down till your battery runs out unless yo go past the cloud to open sky. The clouds look like ground to the downward sensors.

I am still going to try the battery deal after i get an antenna, seems like i can only get around 3,300 feet distance. I have ordered an antenna. I have a landing skid that i am going to put my battery on crossways.

BTW  there is a video on youtube of some guy using his drone to lift him up onto his roof. Looks like a professional DJI drone.
2020-1-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just get an M2.
2020-1-26
Use props
Vincent Gndls
New

France

BMelody Posted at 2019-2-14 09:19

[view_image]

2020-3-16
Use props
djiuser_v73eAxAozm7x
New

United Kingdom

Can you give me a link where i can buy an adaptor for spark. The bove in this threat no more actuel
2021-2-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

djiuser_OTINgqTCtFp5 Posted at 2019-10-30 14:08
Hello; for those who say can not go twice the distance with added battery, your math is wrong.  You are forgetting to realize that the single battery has to carry battery weight+ Spark weight+ lights usage+ camera and xmit/rec data + all electronics and sensors that make this baby work.  Now the extra battery only has to carry its own weight, all the other usage and weight being taken care of by the org battery.  So I say it should fly Atleast double time as single battery.
Randy Sumner
Electrical Engineer

If it were that simple, a drone flying for 1-2 hours would already exist. Not true?
It is not possible because if you increase the battery, the current consumption will increase and there will be no duplication. A larger battery requires a larger drone body, which requires larger motors, and the circuit closes.
In addition, as the size increases, even the losses increase
Large drones can fly in the same 20-30 minutes with a battery the size of a whole Spark.
2021-2-21
Use props
0Stephan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451631 ft
United States

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2-21 11:30
If it were that simple, a drone flying for 1-2 hours would already exist. Not true?
It is not possible because if you increase the battery, the current consumption will increase and there will be no duplication. A larger battery requires a larger drone body, which requires larger motors, and the circuit closes.
In addition, as the size increases, even the losses increase

The Mavic series uses smaller 2S batteries and manages 2x flight time, even with the minis--249 and 300 grams isn't double the weight, but it is more power in less space.
2021-7-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

0Stephan Posted at 7-13 11:58
The Mavic series uses smaller 2S batteries and manages 2x flight time, even with the minis--249 and 300 grams isn't double the weight, but it is more power in less space.

The improvement in the new drones is possible due to lower power consumption in the circuitry (no sensors) and a slight improvement in battery technology (weight reduction).
The Spark has forward looking sensors connected to a movidius visual processor (gesture control, obstacle avoidance) and these certainly consume power.
2021-7-25
Use props
djiuser_tVRStptcYB5Z
New

United States

the link isn't working
2022-2-1
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

That website link is broken probably they have gone bankrupt as usual by hiking up the price for a battery mod )..........i am actually now on a Parrot Anafi Thermal these days
2022-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules