Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Full GPS Signal but Compass Error - What to Do?
1385 6 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bozora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Hello all

I wonder if anyone here experience the above mentioned where i have full GPS Signal and Compass error.
And no matter how i calibrate the compass and reposition the craft - still habe compass error. At times, repositioning the craft may not be an option

I wonder what how i can counter this problem.
1. Do i lift off my M2P by hand?
Let it fly higher and tab the RTH button to acquire its position?

2. Can I manually switchover to Atti Mode? (Dont see my smart controller having this function)

3. Is there a way to temporary disable position mode and switch over to Atti Mode?

Kindly advise.

2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you manage to change the location to see if there will be changes? If yes, I would recommend refreshing the firmware into the latest version using the DJI assistant 2 and re-calibrate the compass to see if this would rectify the problem. Please keep distance to any possible interference like the metal object or radio frequency. You may refer the below to possibly download the DJI Assistant 2 to your computer. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-2-13
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

"1. Do i lift off my M2P by hand?
Let it fly higher and tab the RTH button to acquire its position?

When your calibrating the compass, down let it sit on the top of your palm but take the craft from on top of the craft preferably grab it from on top on the battery and run through the pictured commands. Takes a couple of secs. If it's not working then move from that current location - may be interference.  

2. Can I manually switchover to Atti Mode? (Dont see my smart controller having this function)

Do not do this unless you're a very skilled pilot that can managed to fly it w/out any GPS assistance. If not you'll be creating a CRASH thread.

3. Is there a way to temporary disable position mode and switch over to Atti Mode?"

Again you DO NOT want to do this but if you insist, just take off immediately upon taking on the craft/RC - take off with the device mobile shows yellow banner with 2 satellites.
2019-2-13
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

On the Mavic there is no option to switch to Atti like on the Phantom.
That is no solution to your issue anyway.
First thing upon a compass error is not calibration but switching the AC off and move to a different location. Then start over.
2019-2-14
Use props
djiuser_ROev6rLbcyCj
New
Flight distance : 1073 ft
United States

Check for magnetic interference. My wallet has a magnet for holding money…. Really caused fits.
2019-2-14
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Magnetic interference is likely , if its an urban location an rebar is close, or a vehicle, Ive even heard of smart watches interfering with the compass
2019-2-14
Use props
George210477
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

FAST SOLLUTION FOR YOU TO CHECK IT:
1. Access the Compass calibration
2. Get fully naked...any metal can interfere with compass...so better safe than sorry
3. Rotate the drone as in pics
4. If someone asks you what are you doing naked, send it away...or ask him to get naked too....will affect your compass.

Good Luck ))
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules