3475 42 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, what is the forums stance on bullying?
I have noticed that a select few of the members are being systematically down voted when its by far from needed, someone is going out of their way to down vote many if not all posts of some of the long standing members... I wont mention the member names but i am sure they will come forward. Its out of order and needs resolving.

Is there a way that the admin can find out who is doing this and deal with said person appropriately, I am sure there will be logs of the votes and each vote should have either members username and or IP address.

There is one thing to fall out on a forum but to go around purposefully down voting members because they dont like them for what ever reason is tantamount to bullying and needs to stop.
2019-2-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love giving up votes, let’s give each other many. Haha

You are  one of the better folks here, please don’t let nay sayers bother you. Get you Down.

They simply ‘ain’t’ worth the time, bro...

RedHotPoker
2019-2-13
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I was accused of being a 'Downvoter' and doing it 'willy nilly' ... which was total balderdash. As to whether Admin can tell who does it or not ? TBH - is it really necessary for admin to spend time on it ?

There are many reasons a Downvote would be made and its not just for post content correct or not. I have used it at times but because many people I think never look at that bottom line and its not seen ... I question its value. If the person downvoting is getting a kick out of it ... then ???? they know why they are doing it. Who knows what triggered it ?

I have to admit there are a few people on this forum that if I was to be such a persistent 'downvoter' would get a click every time ! But I don't because its then become personal.  
I suggest that there is far more 'bullying' going on IN posts by certain people than any click on a Downvote button .... but for some reason DJi Forum ignores it ...
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Guess who has continued to bully and insult me.

Only You. One guy on the whole forum, that has pestered and belittled my posts, continually.
Yes, I believe you are one of those, who downvotes for a cheap thrill. Sick.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

RHP :

The evidence is plain for all to check and verify.

YOU in fact are the one who Insults me first when I question or differ from your PoV. You have been warned more than once for it.

I will admit this though ... and I apologise to Bashy for using his thread .... I posted KNOWING you would swallow ... Hook, Line and Sinker ....  

AND  as nasty as you usually resort to.

The funny thing is ... it wasn't particularly  you that I was thinking of when I mentioned who deserves downvotes ...  but if the cap fits .....

2019-2-14
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

I don't think I have ever downvoted anyone here...why even go to the trouble...does it make a difference in the post? Guess I am naive on this topic.
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have had no warnings. Zero. I did nothing wrong. Just defend myself from your pestering.

Please mind your own business and clean up your own back yard.

Your constant ass backward attitude is getting rather old, and tattered. Find a new method to amuse your simple self.

Please avoid me. Likewise,, I’m quite sure.

You get another thumb down, from me though... many more to follow.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KennyB Posted at 2-14 11:32
I don't think I have ever downvoted anyone here...why even go to the trouble...does it make a difference in the post? Guess I am naive on this topic.

Thumb up, for that comment. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

KennyB Posted at 2-14 11:32
I don't think I have ever downvoted anyone here...why even go to the trouble...does it make a difference in the post? Guess I am naive on this topic.

I think for most people they are hardly aware that the button exists at bottom of a post.

Make any difference ? How - if the moderators do nothing to curb idiots - then downvote is just a number at the bottom.
2019-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-14 11:33
I have had no warnings. Zero. I did nothing wrong. Just defend myself from your pestering.

Please mind your own business and clean up your own back yard.

Warnings - Zero ... someone might believe you. I know for a fact that your behaviour was subject of Moderators scrutiny, confirmed and passed on for Admin review not so long ago.

"Please avoid me. Likewise."

Then why did you post #4 ? You had not been named ... your post had not been quoted ... so it shows 100% the falseness of your 'avoidance'.
Every confrontation we have - starts by your insulting and lack of avoidance.

Do you ever actually get to fly your Phantom ? Seems that you spend more time filling the pages with irrelevant trash than anything useful. It appears its not my 'yard' that needs clearing.
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thumbs up. Stay away.

What I do, with my precious free time has little concern of yours, so let’s not be phoney...

What I enjoy doing is minding my own business, and I succeed with that in Spades. Follow suit.

I have half a dozen other hobbies that are much more thrilling than floating around, pretending to rc pilot.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-14
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

2019-2-14
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OK I'll bite, what purpose does the downvote actually have (apart from signifying you disagree etc)? Or am I looking too deeply?
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I feel some here, take that thumb down, as an insult.

Perhaps those giving it, think that too...  Not sure.

Whether it truly means much, is not my concern.  I could care less what some grumpy bass tard feels or thinks of me.

But I will say this, I would rather get a thumb down, than reading some fools, chance for lipping off, just to make a rude noise...

I wish more folks here, had your polite demeanour.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I wouldn't call it bullying.  I'd call it something like "dumbassedness."  

Bullying is doing something to somebody which hurts them and makes them cry.

Dumbassedness is practiced by somebody who is so dumb he thinks he's hurting people but the truth is nobody cares and he's just making himself look like a buffoon.  

MHO
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Air/America Posted at 2-14 13:01
https://cdn4.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/doodles565.jpg[/img]

What a fool believes..

Carve a sweetheart into bed post.

Nice website.
https://www.geckoandfly.com/17716/40-funny-doodles-for-cat-lovers-and-your-cat-crazy-lady-friend/

Spell much?

AA44A0C7-A9D1-477B-805D-EEBBAD074680.jpeg
RedHotPoker
2019-2-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

One person on here habitually downvotes others that he dislikes, and co-incidentally, he is the only person that I ever downvote. I have no idea what a downvote does, whether it subtracts from your points or what? In any event, I don't care either.
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2-14 15:38
One person on here habitually downvotes others that he dislikes, and co-incidentally, he is the only person that I ever downvote. I have no idea what a downvote does, whether it subtracts from your points or what? In any event, I don't care either.

I find it humorous, that anyone might want to downvote me. But I never check, or really care.

If those who use that negative vote tab, get a kick out of it, have at er. But I pity you...

RedHotPoker
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-14 14:37
I wouldn't call it bullying.  I'd call it something like "dumbassedness."  

Bullying is doing something to somebody which hurts them and makes them cry.

That got a thumb up, from me... haha

I would have given you two, if possible. Grin

RedHotPoker
2019-2-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

"I will admit this though ... and I apologise to Bashy for using his thread .... I posted KNOWING you would swallow ... Hook, Line and Sinker ..."            Excuse me, but is there anybody but me who thinks this is TROLLING?      Post#5
2019-2-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One person on here habitually downvotes others that he dislikes, and co-incidentally, he is the only person that I ever downvote. I have no idea what a downvote does, whether it subtracts from your points or what? In any event, I don't care either.

And they are back lol
We all have our disagreements, thats the nature of it, we cant all have the same opinions or agree etc, damn, even i have had a heated discussion here and there, but you dont see me going out of my way to down vote, actually, good point, how do you know its not me ;)

1 down vote here and there is just part and parcel, not everyone will agree or even like a post all the time and vice versa, but to be down voted on just about every post/reply you make is deffo a form of bullying, a person does not have to cry when being bullied ;)  being habitually down voted for no reason what so ever is without doubt spiteful and vindictive (for whatever reason they feel it necessary), At the very least this person(s) is using the  dislike vote as a way for to continually annoy/harass the person(s) without being open about it in the forum, its cowardice to say the least. OK, so the recipient is not bothered about it, but i am, i am bothered about seeing it happen time and time again and on this thread no less when there is absolutely no reason to down vote the reply. If it was happening to me, i would be peeved big time and its for this reason  why i was/am bringing it to the attention of the DJI staff.
2019-2-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2-14 21:27
And they are back lol
We all have our disagreements, thats the nature of it, we cant all have the same opinions or agree etc, damn, even i have had a heated discussion here and there, but you dont see me going out of my way to down vote, actually, good point, how do you know its not me  ;)  

Fair enough. I would be happy if the downvote facility was removed, I don't see that it has any valid purpose.
2019-2-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2-14 21:39
Fair enough. I would be happy if the downvote facility was removed, I don't see that it has any valid purpose.

I would second that, maybe it has a purpose for competitions though, not sure to be honest?
2019-2-14
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
lvl.4
United States

We are here to pose our perceptions and experience. Some are more passionate than others. Online forums are no place for the thin-skinned, but they're also no place for the persistent devil's advocates.Unfortunately these forums are poorly managed relative to the support that the company provides. DJI is a huge company and honestly doesn't give a Dutch dike about what goes on here so the passionate prevail. Stake your claim and move on. Upvote/down vote, who cares.
2019-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Being DJI is a family oriented business and so likely should the forum, why would one need thick or tough skin?

I find it odd, that anyone would waste their time, heckling and posting negatives towards someone here.
Ignore them and go about your business without interfering in our or others affairs.

If a fool, wants to downvote my posts or threads, go ahead. Just keep your mouth shut with the negatory.
I know for a fact, they would never say it to my face, so it’s just fluff anyway. There are many Internet tough guys. hahaha who may Polish my boots...

I like to keep my foot wear shiny... and well kept. I am well heeled after all.

& if you squeal in real life, go squeal to the guards... see how you are sent to segregation, PC... with all the low lives. “Chester”!!

RedHotPoker

2019-2-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

One person on here habitually downvotes others that he dislikes, and co-incidentally, he is the only person that I ever downvote. I have no idea what a downvote does, whether it subtracts from your points or what? In any event, I don't care either.

If G - you are pointing at me ... the fact is I RARELY EVER downvote.

I have on odd few occasions in the past ... emphasis on FEW.

I plead guilty to trolling RHP via post #3 - he's paranoid about me !! He loves me really !!

2019-2-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

1. The downvote button is a useless item and as i said - I rarely if ever use it.
2. The UPvote button in my opinion is a better item - but again is basically useless because I do not believe many people take notice of it.
3. DJi have consistently ignored what happens in threads - which adds to #1 uselessness.

If DJI were to use them constructively - then keep them. But considering they don't - then they might as well remove them as they serve no purpose.

If the shallow minded get a kick out of using them - their choice. As I mentioned in post #4 - there are many reasons people may use the buttons. But it will invariably come down to personal view on something. With whatever reason unknown to anyone who notes the vote(s). As another says - Bullying is usually regarded as a far stronger form of 'attack'.

If someone really has a grievance - there is a REPORT button - use that. But according to messages I have received from others complaining about some members and for the very few reports I have made - DJI appear generally to ignore those as well.
2019-2-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2-14 21:39

I agree and have upvoted that ... because its a useless item.
2019-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2-15 01:44
I agree and have upvoted that ... because its a useless item.

Thank you and no, I was referring to Roger8.
2019-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2-15 14:33

JUST WHAT IS YOU PEROBLEM!! What are you blaming me for???? You are very uninformed and very inmature and don't know JACK!!!
2019-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YES, that time it was me doing a down vote. You have said in the past that you down vote every one of my posts! And by the way one can only down vote once per post and you have a number of them with more than one down vote. You keep pushing! This is not yopur private little bulletin board.
2019-2-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry, not trying to throw gas on the fire, honest, but it's Rodger8.  He's been downgrading my posts for almost a year.  This started with a few posts with which we had a matter of opinion of which we happened to disagree.  And so the onslaught started.  I ignored it at first.  I thought his anger would subside and he'd get over it.  I thought he would get tired or bored with it after a few weeks, but incredibly, months later he was still doing it systematically.  Now it's been a year.  He's still doing it.  It seems to be never ending.  
2019-2-15
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2-15 16:32
Sorry, not trying to throw gas on the fire, honest, but it's Rodger8.  He's been downgrading my posts for almost a year.  This started with a few posts with which we had a matter of opinion of which we happened to disagree.  And so the onslaught started.  I ignored it at first.  I thought his anger would subside and he's get over it.  I thought he would get tired or bored with it after a few weeks, but incredibly, months later he was still doing it.  It seems to be never ending.

How do you know that? There was no matter of opinion. I just don't like the uninformed information that you throw out to the new users with honest questions. And I am not into BS'ers. In your past posts you said you went to jump school. I think the only thing you ever jumped out of was a Bus. So you were in Viet Nam for "TET" that would make you 70 years old. One time you were in the Army then a couple of weeks ago you were in the Navy. Then you stated you would not keep your precious Phantoms in the Garage. I only see one P3 registered in your name, yet you are an expert on the entire DJI product line with an entire flight distance under 2,000 feet. Quick learner. Sad thing is that a new user may believe you. Hopefully not on your Air Space coaching which is way off Base. I am going to join the other original group of guys and get out of here and let you two little Girls play with each other in the sand box.
Have fun
2019-2-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Rodger8 Posted at 2-15 16:07
JUST WHAT IS YOU PEROBLEM!! What are you blaming me for???? You are very uninformed and very inmature and don't know JACK!!!

I know a damn sight more than you do about a range of subjects, and I usually only try to help on those subjects I have knowledge of. You, on the other hand, are an habitually negative SOB who gets into arguments with everyone. As you say, bugger off to another forum and leave this one alone. You will not be missed.
2019-2-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Many thanks G ....

Hope the 'gate' fixed OK and all went ok ?
2019-2-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

solentlife Posted at 2-16 04:04
Many thanks G ....

Hope the 'gate' fixed OK and all went ok ?

PM sent.....
2019-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That was easy...
B5295BFB-B99A-40B9-8E59-6DAFC4642572.jpeg
Same idea...different approach. Hahaha huhuh, ah yawn.

All of the methane, all of the time... knuuck That three stooges laugh...

RedHotPoker
2019-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Oh well, while you’re spine must be fine?

If you passed healing & have yard work on the Go this summer,.,

That’s very awesome. Indeed. In deed. Geoff.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-16
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-14 23:57
Being DJI is a family oriented business and so likely should the forum, why would one need thick or tough skin?

I find it odd, that anyone would waste their time, heckling and posting negatives towards someone here.
"I find it odd, that anyone would waste their time, heckling and posting negatives towards someone here. "

Yeah that's what I thought FB was for.  LOL
2019-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Edward J Smith Posted at 2-20 00:01
"I find it odd, that anyone would waste their time, heckling and posting negatives towards someone here. "

What’s Facebook?

Oh you mean FUBAR

RedHotPoker
2019-2-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules