Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hello everybody!

Does anybody have a problem with Ronin S smoothes, especially on the panning?

I have Crane 2 at home and the panning is super smooth but on my Ronin S the video is jittery with sudden shakes.  If I slowly pan to the right or to the left the gimbal is just not smooth at all and it's jittery ( left or right ).  It doesn't matter how slow or fast i try to turn it...it just looks awful.

I have Sony A7 III + Tamron 28-75 2.8 but it is the same with any other lens.
I have tried everything. I have the latest firmware, the gimbal is perfectly balanced, I've restored gimbal setup, system calibration and I Autotune the motors ( Medium ) every time. I've tried all the options in the smooth track but I can't get normal smooth video.

Here is the video:

Anybody with the same experience?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

2019-2-14
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Here is the video :
2019-2-15
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Why i can't add vimeo link with video?
2019-2-15
Use props
fans623c0de7
lvl.1
United States

I have had the exact same issue.
I’ve owned the Ronin S for a while. I did 4 weddings since I bought it on the ronin S.
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark IV with Canon 24-70 2.8 II.
I have to work twice as much in post to fix all the footage as compared to what I had to do with the Crane 2.
I am very disappointed with the result.

I have seen some great results from the Ronin S. I have doubts about it. I tried shooting with a a6500 and I had the same issue.

Possibly it is an faulty gimbal.
Is there a way I can get it inspected or replaced that anyone has idea of ?
2019-2-15
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

fans623c0de7 Posted at 2-15 11:33
I have had the exact same issue.
I’ve owned the Ronin S for a while. I did 4 weddings since I bought it on the ronin S.
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark IV with Canon 24-70 2.8 II.

Thx for the replay!

I will take it to service next week because this is unusable footage What is so frustrating that i had faulyt DJI products every time. Osmo, Mavic and now Ronin

Do you know how can i post a link with Vimeo video?
It won't post it when i put it here...thx!
2019-2-15
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

nyone?
2019-2-16
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Anyone from DJI?
2019-2-19
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 245066 ft
United Kingdom

I am getting the same nudge but also plenty of bounce .... I have checked all settings and all excellent. Checked the forum and there appears to be quite a few people with the same issue
2019-2-19
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am getting the same nudge but also plenty of bounce .... I have checked all settings and all excellent. Checked the forum and there appears to be quite a few people with the same issue
2019-2-19
Use props
byronjackson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Did you get any response?
2019-2-20
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

byronjackson Posted at 2-20 09:53
Did you get any response?

Nothing
2019-2-21
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI has the worst customer support ....especially when they know that their products have problems or flaws..i've sent private messages, posts and nobody replayed. I still have the same problem with ronin -s
2019-3-13
Use props
DWFilms
New

United States

Same setup and same problem.  I will follow the consensus and return an apparently faulty gimbal.
2019-3-23
Use props
ManningBartlett
New
Australia

I posted my footage elsewhere, but I may as well share it here.

I have been working with this for hours and I cannot get it to look even remotely smooth. I am seriously walking like a ninja, but the footage looks handheld.

https://youtu.be/Qi86D-cGexE
2019-3-23
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90515 ft
United States

I've had many issues with the Ronin S. One was returned and replaced by DJI because my video looked like ManningBartlett's. Also the record button would not function properly. I have to say that DJI support for me was very good. They always answered within 24 hrs and were very responsive. I sent it back 2 times for repairs and after the third time they replaced it.

One thing that DJI support recommended was to perform the following: System Calibration, Restore Gimbal Setup and Auto Tune, in that order. It does seem to help.

I had a chance to try out the replacement the other day and, although it is much better, there was still some side to side instability.  I'm hoping that after some tweaking with the settings I can fix that. I am quite disappointed with this gimbal. I really thought it was going to be a lot better than it has been so far.

The interior shots in this video were done with the Ronin S and a Canon 5d MkIV -
2019-8-14
Use props
RTuomey
lvl.1
United States

Did you ever solve this problem?
2019-10-17
Use props
jfkfoto
lvl.1
Sweden

Same problems here. So frustrating when you´re out on paid jobs. Or embarrasing even.
2019-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules