Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sports mode not working.
2330 17 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skippy1331
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2213077 ft
Australia

After getting it back from being repairs and certified I can not for the life of me get sports mode to work any more.

It used to work fine before I sent it off

I move switch to sports mode and it shows the pop up, enable it in MC settings but there isn't a setting for it ( even though I've been through the threads on here and it says with otg the setting will come up, but it doesn't).

I've tried literally everything. Old version of app, wifi, OTG, resetting both controller and spark .Literally everything .I've even tried it on iPad and it doesn't even recognise I've moved the controller switch. Least android has noticed I've moved switch but then software won't allow it.

I'm stuffed for ideas .So much for quality control after being repaired.

2019-2-15
Use props
MccloudSpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Could it be in beginner mode?  Maybe it got set to that at DJI.  Check that setting.
2019-2-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are you on Android?
If not, get one! Just for checking the settings!
If yes:
Install an older version, 4.1.15 (apkmirror) should do.
Connect your Droid via OTG cable to the RC
Look for this switch:

(https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 3&page=1#pid1378748)
Enable multiple flight modes:
P/S switch should work now
Go back to iOS or newer Android Go4 version, fly
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to clarify if you manage to update the firmware? Did you turn off the beginner mode? Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application to see if there will be changes? Please sync the flight records and save your important files before deleting the application. It would be better if you could replicate this concern using another mobile device to isolate the problem. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-17
Use props
skippy1331
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-17 12:37
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to clarify if you manage to update the firmware? Did you turn off the beginner mode? Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application to see if there will be changes? Please sync the flight records and save your important files before deleting the application. It would be better if you could replicate this concern using another mobile device to isolate the problem. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Evening Tony,

Yes  both my phone and drone are up to date format wise. I have the latest app for my phone. It is android. I've tried four of my older android phones and all of them are coming up with the same notification.
no the drone isn't in beginner mode as I've taken it up to 120m high and 300m away.
I don't understand why I should have to try and get an older version of the app to allow me to be able to change the settings. Should it not stay the same during app updates?

This is utterly bizzar that my drone was fine before I sent it away for repair then i get it back and It now doesn't let me go into sports mode.  Flick the switch on the remote and away we Go but not anymore.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

skippy1331 Posted at 2-18 02:29
Evening Tony,

Yes  both my phone and drone are up to date format wise. I have the latest app for my phone. It is android. I've tried four of my older android phones and all of them are coming up with the same notification.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. Would it be possible if you could restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes? You may try to download the application using the link below for your reference. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads
2019-2-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

skippy1331 Posted at 2-18 02:29
Evening Tony,

It will stay, as soon it is back on.
So get an older app on the phone, connect it with a cable, b/c this function is a glitch in older versions, we  spark user should not see it.
And switch it back on.
After you can fly which ever app version you like
Dont forget, you gave that bird out of your hands.
So you dont know, what exactly got changed (accidentely?) during service.
2019-2-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

margvrDRmoz2015 Posted at 2-18 05:33
Because of this, I do not like androids. There is always something wrong with them. No matter how much I had, android technology, it constantly breaks down, having worked for 1-2 months normally, then it’s unbearable to work with it!

I am sorry to say, but in case you dont know what you are talking about, than dont talk.
Please.
This is a glitch in the app FOR androids, not a android glitch.
2019-2-19
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

This page is intentionally blank
2019-2-19
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2-19 03:03
I am sorry to say, but in case you dont know what you are talking about, than dont talk.
Please.
This is a glitch in the app FOR androids, not a android glitch.

This is how it is explained to me.
Apple app has no issue because there are two variants of iOS - iPad & iPhone.
Android app has issues because there are literally hundreds of variants of Android OS that DJI cannot test them all.
So it can indeed be a glitch in the OS
Especially since you say an older version does the same thing.
Rolling back to an older app version for Android usually soves the issue.
2019-2-19
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like it was a faulty repair. It happens. Out of 5 I sent in for repairs, 2 came back with other issues. I would send it back so they can get it right.
2019-2-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

pmshop Posted at 2-19 05:20
Android app has issues because there are literally hundreds of variants of Android OS that DJI cannot test them all.

But since you cant see that switch in other , newer app versions, on the same android version, it is more likely a bad coding for 4.1.xx apps. Dont forget, since P4 means P4 and Mavics include, the Spark was the one not meant to use the usb cable. The switch cam up in August 2017, the must do 01. Sept. update, if I remember that right. Before it was not there, after 4.1.18 or so, it wasnt anylonger. And just with cable it showed up. That is a many drones one app thing. My guess, b/c the air already in the pipeline, wifi drone but cable, it "jumped" in. And DJI needed to   be carefully, for Spark user.  I mean, the air was the reason, that DJI couldnt just kill the otg for the Spark.
Just a guess, that the RCs where to close for it. ;-)
2019-2-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

pmshop Posted at 2-19 05:22
Sounds like it was a faulty repair. It happens. Out of 5 I sent in for repairs, 2 came back with other issues. I would send it back so they can get it right.

I dont think there is something wrong. Just somehow switched to "intelligent flight modes off".
Before I'd send it in, I would check with older apps and cable, if I see the switch in the settings.
If not, next step would be a reset of the bird and a firmware reset via assistant 2
And both is done in an hour at home.
Sending it in needs longer, methinks
2019-2-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

For OP: actual topic, same problem, same line of help:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=181697

And sport is back on.
Just saying.
2019-2-19
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

pmshop Posted at 2-19 05:20

Android is the best experience you may get out of DJI GI 4 app.
2019-2-21
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

S.J Posted at 2-21 07:02
Android is the best experience you may get out of DJI GI 4 app.

Not according to the tons of negative stuff I have read.
All you have to do is search.
I'll stick with iOS.
2019-2-21
Use props
skippy1331
lvl.4
Australia

Ok, back here again to update...

So I did a factory reset and a refresh or the firmware on the DJI assistant.
Still the drone doesn't want to go into sports mode.
I am not going to find an older version of the app to simply put sports mode back on when the latest version should still be able to do so.
I've now tried my pixel and then the pixel 2 & 3 all to no avail. The Sony xz an iPad mini 4 a iPhone 7 and a iPod touch. Non of which have allowed me to find this magical intelligent mode???

I find it utterly stupid that DJI is having to make consumers go back and have to find an older version of the app to turn a mode on....  RIDICULOUS.
2019-2-23
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Send it in, then.
If you aren't willing to check it yourself in a 5 minute test, send it in.
It is all up2you
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules