Mavic air Over and Under NYC bridge using Litchi Waypoints
2483 60 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgersh7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61083 ft
United States

Really nice video, makes me wanna pick up Litchi finally. Thanks!
2019-3-3
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

Beautiful... especially since I live and travel that bridge daily..

However, I do have a couple questions:

1) In light of 911 and the threat of terrorism, aren't there certain restrictions when it come to photographing the major bridges?

2) Using copyright music on Youtube? They always killed my videos for this reason.
2019-3-4
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-16 12:54
'boring' means 'too long and completely uninteresting'

As I ever say, it seems that on forums just appreciations are supposed to be expressed. I do also give negative or constructive feedbacks which are almost every time are taken as offense to what's posted.

2019-3-4
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

Could have been better if accelerated and at different times facing down camera to give some shivers while crossing over the bridge.
In this way I do agree it's boring.
2019-3-4
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

mgersh7 Posted at 3-3 15:08
Really nice video, makes me wanna pick up Litchi finally. Thanks!

Thanks!!!!
2019-3-4
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anthony8858 Posted at 3-4 05:05

Maybe on first point. But after seeing how many people flying over that bridge I thought why not.

YouTube will let you use copyright music. They redirect any advertising royalties to copyright holders. If you watch it on you tube and click around you can see this info there along with music credit.
2019-3-4
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 3-4 05:58
As I ever say, it seems that on forums just appreciations are supposed to be expressed. I do also give negative or constructive feedbacks which are almost every time are taken as offense to what's posted.

Your lack of understanding why it works that way comes from your lack of manners. Now a days it’s almost archaic to have manners, almost “not cool”.
In times when younger generations growing up watching tv show that by design are dumb 99% of the time, expecting manners in online forums is silly.

But here is rule number 16 that your parents should have thought you by age 9.

462E6C38-AFF2-4EE0-920A-7392337BA857.jpeg
2019-3-4
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mars5150 Posted at 3-4 06:00
Could have been better if accelerated and at different times facing down camera to give some shivers while crossing over the bridge.
In this way I do agree it's boring.

I’ll gladly ask for advise when I feel like it and when I know person knows what he is doing and got examples to back it up.

I’m not interested in your opinion. Yet. Will I ever? It’s up to you to make me appreciate your advice. As of now you just another speck of dust.  
2019-3-4
Use props
Catbiscuits
lvl.1
United States

Litchi is an amazing tool, but I ran a similar flight this summer with my first Mavic Air over Stillwater Lake in NY a much less populated body of water.

No wind. Wifi interference wasn't an issue. Waypoints were set near home, home was set. I had a full battery. There was absolutely no reason for the flight to fail.

Out of nowhere Litchi lost connection and my Mavic Air disappeared. I have no idea whether it continued on with its flight for a while, augered into the lake, or flew the woods behind the lake.

I can't imagine what it'd be like to lose my drone over a bridge full of cars...
2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Litchi continues with a mission even if connection is lost. Actually I had majority of my Litchi missions disconnected.
Crucial point is to set last action when mission is over. It can be RTH. It can be many other options.
I always set last waypoint near my projected home point. This way I am 100% sure that drone will return to me.
Worked every time.

I’ve learned about Litchi before after and during use of it. From what I can tell Litchi is rock solid. 99.9% it’s a human error.

As of safety over bridge.....yes one can say what you just posted. And it will be true in some extreme cases. But so is flying over the bridge helicopter. Or drunk driver on that same bridge. Or simple flat tire.
You take chances as technology advances.
2019-3-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

great video with awesome angles and smooth flow, you should consider using non copyrighted music so you can monetize it one day in the future maybe.  
2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-5 11:35
great video with awesome angles and smooth flow, you should consider using non copyrighted music so you can monetize it one day in the future maybe.

Thanks!!!!
But it’s just for fun.
2019-3-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3BEPb Posted at 2-25 19:46
Never ever seen them flying low in between. Can they fly below 400 feet? Isn’t it the whole meaning of 400 feet? We fly below. They fly above.
But in any case. Some people are willing to take that extra step.

helicopters are a weird exception to certain rules, i dont know their rules very well because im sure they make little sense given where i have seen helicopters before.., but i do know they have more flexibility with airspace than planes do and not at all uncommon helicopters maybe sub 400 feet AGL.   

given where this flight took place near NYC and surrounding busy areas, i strongly suggest you contact someone to get clearance or run a LAANC of your flight if cant contact right people so they can get near real time telemetry of your drone and can divert flights maybe pushed over that area.  
2019-3-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anthony8858 Posted at 3-4 05:05

public bridge and public works.... plenty of dash cams crossing this daily

2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-5 11:40
helicopters are a weird exception to certain rules, i dont know their rules very well because im sure they make little sense given where i have seen helicopters before.., but i do know they have more flexibility with airspace than planes do and not at all uncommon helicopters maybe sub 400 feet AGL.   

given where this flight took place near NYC and surrounding busy areas, i strongly suggest you contact someone to get clearance or run a LAANC of your flight if cant contact right people so they can get near real time telemetry of your drone and can divert flights maybe pushed over that area.

Nah. That is what I call overthinking.
2019-3-5
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

3BEPb Posted at 3-5 11:56
Nah. That is what I call overthinking.

what am i over thinking?

if its wanting to post LAANC and get authorization.... its common courtesy...specially where you are flying.  even i, someone who would turn off NFZs in an instant if i could, even i would get clearance in such a location first and/or post my telemetry because of the location..   you could been spotted and if was a emergency where they needed to get a medevac helicopter out ASAP..they have to completely halt that flight, burn fuel on standby waiting for clearance..   if they dont know your flight plan or lack near real time telemetry to see where you are flying and have no way to communicate with and/or to you not going to risk it.  and would you wanna be that person clinging on to a thread of life needing a medivac then knowing its delayed or diverted massively because of a "rogue drone" was spotted...?
2019-3-5
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That is exactly overthinking.  It was done in less than 10 minutes, posted and forgotten. And here you are trying to explain to me how righteous YOU would’ve done it.
You want to do it your way - go and do it. Show us the result and be happy.
2019-3-5
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-16 11:30
Quite boring video and shot does not much with rule of third. Colors are dingy.

There’s always one...
2019-3-6
Use props
ny300z
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

nywrecker Posted at 2-25 19:28
Usually there is a lot of helicopter traffic flying right above the center span of the bridge.

thats probably one of the reasons it is completely illegal to fly in NYC.
2019-3-6
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 3-6 04:05
There’s always one...

Yep))))
2019-3-6
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ny300z Posted at 3-6 08:32
thats probably one of the reasons it is completely illegal to fly in NYC.
Any helicopter flying that low is in violation of FAA rules. They can not fly lower than 400 feet near structure. Especially in between in our case.

I guess it will be "completely" illegal when "they" come up with a law making flying drones illegal. As of now there are no legislation regarding drones in NYC . Its merely NYPD policy. Covers public places like parks, streets etc.... You can absolutely legally start from the private building roof and fly around following all the FAA legal mambo jumbo.

Google "drone nyc" and check out all the videos.
2019-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules