Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ATTI Mode, RC Disconnect, Lost The Spark
12Next >
2541 45 2019-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Hi, I've been a silent reader for the last month, and this is my first ever post.

Today, I flied the spark from the usual spot, a parking lot with an empty field west and a shopping mall east. It climbed up to 49 m while pushing forward slightly north-east 125 m.

I saw some birds gathering around the spark, so I steered to the east, the spark was 152 m from my position.

At that point, I received message that the GPS signal was weak (distance 152 m, height 49 m) and then it switched to ATTI mode and I saw the spark was drifting to the east. I have some experience with ATTI mode, so there was no panic at that point. I gave it a forward push to return it closer to my position while watching the spark.

And then I looked into the screen, and couple of seconds later the RC was disconnected and the video feed goes dark! I looked back into the last spot I saw the spark but it was not there! I looked around and around from my position at home point but the spark is gone. I restarted the app, and the controller, but there was still no connection to the spark. I drove around to see if I can spot a drifting spark on the sky, but still the spark is lost.

I returned to the home point hoping that the RTH kicked in and the spark landed there. But it wasn't. It was a terrible feeling as I finally realised that my spark has became another "lost spark"

The flight record stopped at the moment of disconnect at 1:54 time mark, 49 m height, and horizontal speed 31 km/h.

Thank you for reading.
2019-2-15
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Flight logs ?
2019-2-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2019-2-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Did you try the “ find my drone” feature ?
2019-2-15
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

https : / / www. phantomhelp. com/LogViewer/PBSZM40LKMLPLUKC6J93/#
Sorry, it seems I can't post an URL yet.
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2-15 20:22
Did you try the “ find my drone” feature ?

I did. The track stopped at the middle of a construction project which have been vacant for months.
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

jacksonnai Posted at 2-15 19:53
Sorry to read that mate

Thanks for the kind word, man. I'm so upset right now. The drone was purchased only 1 month ago. And to make matters worse it is the agency's drone, not mine.
2019-2-16
Use props
62+
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

Sorry to here this. Synic you fight log and send to DJI and open a case.
Post your log on the forum. Some exerienced pilots could help you with the anslysis.
2019-2-16
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

62+ Posted at 2-16 00:38
Sorry to here this. Synic you fight log and send to DJI and open a case.
Post your log on the forum. Some exerienced pilots could help you with the anslysis.

Hi,

He already has posted his logs, see post #5.
Nothing special to see there, the OP even obeyed enough distance to the next airport.
I agree with you, OP needs to open a case, thats a case of flyaway, DJI needs to replace his bird.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Wolferl Posted at 2-16 00:50
Hi,

He already has posted his logs, see post #5.

How do I open a case with DJI?

Thanks for the help.
2019-2-16
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

NP2019 Posted at 2-16 01:18
How do I open a case with DJI?

Thanks for the help.

Go to https://www.dji.com, choose "Support".
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Wolferl Posted at 2-16 01:55
Go to https://www.dji.com, choose "Support".

Thanks.

The email support requires scanned/photo/image proof of purchase, which happens to be in my agency's office. So it has to wait until Monday.

I'll post the updates here.
2019-2-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

Your flight is not a typical SPARK error flight (yaw, imu, compass > atti).

After the first Weak GPS signal warning the GPS count and reception went bad.
Beacuse of this Spark switched to ATTI.

Beacuse of the bad signals it is hard to tell where your Spark has landed.
Speed calculation and distance values are incorrect logged with bad GPS signals.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

JJB* Posted at 2-16 02:31
Hi,

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks.

Before this accident, I've experienced a phone shutdown mid-flight because the phone ran out of battery, but the connection between RC and AC was still solid, and I could manually steer the AC back to my position and land safely using RC only (it helped that I happened to have the AC within my VLOS).

2019-2-16
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

I can not see any error from the OP/Pilot. The area seem to be clear. I do not understand the suddenly reduction of GPS at 35 seconds (Phantom log)
At 1 min 2,1 s, the log shows a Waring - weak GPS... fly with caution.
It seems P-GPS was still enabled during the flight. Maybe accepted an error up to 30 m / 100 ft.  The log shows the warning - did you see the same  Then a warning during flight or is it another bug from DJI?
At 1 min 20.1 s, a GPS Position No Match is shown. Maybe an error translating via Phantomhelp - I do not know what it means... comparing with more advance DJI products that may have backup GPS etc.. .
At 1 min 34  a, Spark went into atti mode
5 seconds later, back to P=GPS mode. Then back to atti mode at 1 min 52.7 s

The main error is weak GPS  causing your problem . The logs show you are using Android V 4.3.12  -  version 4.3.x maybe a  PROBLEM. Downgrade via www.apkmirror.com  to 4.1.15 up to 4.2.6. to obtain plan text logs. Later versions encrypt the  logs. CsvView , or maybe  TXTlogToCSVtool.exe may provide more for answers. Use this info to assist yourself for any claims.
I see no fault apart from GPS issues.
Good luck.
2019-2-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2-16 04:28
I can not see any error from the OP/Pilot. The area seem to be clear. I do not understand the suddenly reduction of GPS at 35 seconds (Phantom log)
At 1 min 2,1 s, the log shows a Waring - weak GPS... fly with caution.
It seems P-GPS was still enabled during the flight. Maybe accepted an error up to 30 m / 100 ft.  The log shows the warning - did you see the same  Then a warning during flight or is it another bug from DJI?

I agree, not a pilot error whatsoever. OP had only about 6 seconds in ATTI to control the craft back, than a disconnect.

Don`t know why GPS count and reception went bad, but in the sequence of this 'error' waht happend next is logical; thus ATTI.

But in ATTI you should still have normal connection the the RC>Mobile Device>App....
Why in this case a complete disconnect happend so shortly after getting into ATTI, i cannot tell.

Distance and height normal, and drone in LOS. so i hope that DJI can explain!

cheers
JJB
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Well, it's raining hard now. It should be the end of old sparky wherever it is lying/resting outside.

Goodbye, sparky.
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day NP2019. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark and for your loss, did you check if there are flight records at the top right corner of the DJI Go 4 App homepage flight records?  Since this issue is happen to your Drone. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

2019-2-16
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NP2019 Posted at 2-16 00:28
Thanks for the kind word, man. I'm so upset right now. The drone was purchased only 1 month ago. And to make matters worse it is the agency's drone, not mine.

Hi dude,

Sorry to hear this. I cant relate and it hurts pretty bad. I hope you have a positive outcome.

Regards
2019-2-16
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 11:34
Hello and good day NP2019. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Spark and for your loss, did you check if there are flight records at the top right corner of the DJI Go 4 App homepage flight records?  Since this issue is happen to your Drone. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks, Stephen.

I tried to contact the support via email, and it requires a PDF or JPEG of the proof of purchase.

Does the purchase receipt from the store count as a proof of purchase? Or is it the product warranty? I bought this drone from an online store not from the DJI store.

2019-2-16
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

NP2019 Posted at 2-16 19:46
I tried to contact the support via email, and it requires a PDF or JPEG of the proof of purchase.

I would think that should be fine..  send it to them.
2019-2-16
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Not that it helps you NP2019, but for next time, and for other readers...  if you go into ATTI, resist the urge to take your eyes of your drone.  I have had one ATTI experience, and was able to fly it back to myself, but I never took my eyes off it. Most incidents like this that I have read here are people hopelessly poking at their smartphones while the wind carries the Spark out of sight.

Hope you get a replacement.  Good luck.
2019-2-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

NP2019 Posted at 2-16 00:28
Thanks for the kind word, man. I'm so upset right now. The drone was purchased only 1 month ago. And to make matters worse it is the agency's drone, not mine.

You're welcome mate
Good luck with the their support team
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_bqFImA2utklW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42746 ft
United States

that just happend to me too.. was shocked that it actualy RTH... tablet flight logs stoped at DC... had to download the logs off the drone itself
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NP2019 Posted at 2-16 19:46
Thanks, Stephen.

You are very much welcome NP2019. Thank you for giving us an update on the said situation. Yes you may send a copy of the purchase receipt for additional supporting document for the case. Thank you.
2019-2-17
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 08:09
You are very much welcome NP2019. Thank you for giving us an update on the said situation. Yes you may send a copy of the purchase receipt for additional supporting document for the case. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

I've sent an email to DJI Technical Support, request number 1985816. I hope for the best.

Thanks for the help.
2019-2-18
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

NP2019 Posted at 2-18 03:57
Hi Stephen,

I've sent an email to DJI Technical Support, request number 1985816. I hope for the best.

Also, I've synced the flight records.

Thanks.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

NP2019 Posted at 2-18 03:57
Hi Stephen,

You are very much welcome NP2019. If you have any other concerns or inquiries. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-2-18
Use props
Jstclair360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11394 ft
United States

good luck getting it replaced. I am about 2 weeks in dealing with the same issue. I had 18 gps when it disconnected and flew away. I had no control of it. (it was right above my head). They are offering me a 30% discount on a new one which I am disagreeing with. not only that they said they see no pilot error but flight logs disconnected so they cant verify what happened. Oh and if I was to buy a new one from them, it has to be without the controller and they don't even have them available.
2019-2-18
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-16 04:40
I agree, not a pilot error whatsoever. OP had only about 6 seconds in ATTI to control the craft back, than a disconnect.

Don`t know why GPS count and reception went bad, but in the sequence of this 'error' waht happend next is logical; thus ATTI.

My only response is latter versions of DJI Go 4 are broken for Spark. Been there, done that. It's a problem with the app, not the RC nor Spark.  The app talks to the RC & Spark - within is a fault with V 4.3.x. Simple, I'm not paid to resolve DJI problems but I know the latest versions are at fault. Proven by downgrading the app.   Can DJI explain why they stuffed up?  
2019-2-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 2-18 19:34
My only response is latter versions of DJI Go 4 are broken for Spark. Been there, done that. It's a problem with the app, not the RC nor Spark.  The app talks to the RC & Spark - within is a fault with V 4.3.x. Simple, I'm not paid to resolve DJI problems but I know the latest versions are at fault. Proven by downgrading the app.   Can DJI explain why they stuffed up?

uhm, i use the latetst app version ; no problems with my Spark.
(not even use a 'certified' mobile device)
2019-2-19
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Jstclair360 Posted at 2-18 08:54
good luck getting it replaced. I am about 2 weeks in dealing with the same issue. I had 18 gps when it disconnected and flew away. I had no control of it. (it was right above my head). They are offering me a 30% discount on a new one which I am disagreeing with. not only that they said they see no pilot error but flight logs disconnected so they cant verify what happened. Oh and if I was to buy a new one from them, it has to be without the controller and they don't even have them available.

Sorry to hear that man.

After reading your post I browse around and found out a couple more cases with the same outcome like yours.
2019-2-19
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

djiuser_bqFImA2utklW Posted at 2-17 04:55
that just happend to me too.. was shocked that it actualy RTH... tablet flight logs stoped at DC... had to download the logs off the drone itself

Good to hear the RTH kicked in.
2019-2-19
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

NP2019 Posted at 2-19 02:07
Good to hear the RTH kicked in.

I am so sorry to hear about your spark    I hope DJI replaces it     Please keep us updated on this process    The best of luck to you   
2019-2-19
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Interesting case.... let's see what will happen next.
2019-2-19
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

DJI Support replied to my email yesterday. They asked me for my flight record of the final flight, my video cache, proof of purchase, contact, shipping address, and Spark's serial number. They also asked me to sync my flight records.

I sent them all the data, except for the video cache, since I disabled video cache on my Dji Go 4 app.

Wish me luck, guys.
2019-2-21
Use props
NP2019
lvl.2

Indonesia

Update: The DJI Support has created a case, number CAS-2783967-B5T7D4.

They said, "DJI will follow the process of investigating the incident thru all the flight data, flight records, cache video, description of the incident."

2019-2-26
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-19 00:32
uhm, i use the latetst app version ; no problems with my Spark.
(not even use a 'certified' mobile device)

I'm lost. I just had video transmission issues & many disconnects between RC & Spark with an older version for the first time. So my theory seems to be wrong & I can not explain. I was using V 4.2.12 & it worked - until I changed batteries. Confusing?  
2019-2-26
Use props
Nilanjan Sharma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

NP2019 Posted at 2-26 08:20
Update: The DJI Support has created a case, number CAS-2783967-B5T7D4.

They said, "DJI will follow the process of investigating the incident thru all the flight data, flight records, cache video, description of the incident."

Hope something positive comes out in your favor mate. I will be absolutely shattered if I lost my Spark like that. And lost drone also means no DJI Care Refresh.
2019-2-26
Use props
weseli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38402 ft

Serbia

Did you maybe use boostera for  signal?
2019-2-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now