Crystal sky and external memory
2150 3 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansafd9fc8f
lvl.1
Canada

I’m wondering if it is possible to transfer media from my memory card to an external memory device by using the crystal sky monitor.

Thanks
2019-2-16
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

Yes.

You can use the USB ports on the side. To connect to a thumb-drive , or hard-drive.
Use the built in file explorer... select the files, on the internal memory or micro sd card.
Then copy/move and paste your files to your USB storage
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We may need to verify this process to our designated department to see if this would be possible. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-17
Use props
Jason James
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827487 ft
Ecuador

I can also confirm that this works and it's a great solution for on the go backups when working on a large projects when you don't have a laptop with you, especially considering that the cost of other solutions by LACie, Western Digital, etc. are very expensive and you've already got a Crystal Sky in your drone bag!!!

I assume the experience could be improved greatly with a third party app to add such functions as automatic transfer/incremental backup options etc. but I haven't had the chance to experiment.
Another thing I have thought about is to buy a large capcity SD card that just lives in one of the Crystal Sky's SD ports just for this purpose so I don't have to worry about carrying around an extra har drive. I have heard that the limits of those ports are 128, but have seen people say larger cards will work....haven't tested for myself though as 128 is the largest card I've currently got.

If anyone finds the perfect app for this, let me know!

2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules