What to do with my Spark
1214 9 2019-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
connorsfilms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57303 ft
United States

Hello everyone, I have a problem.  When I first bought my Spark (Oct 2018) I was so excited about it and couldn't wait to fly it.  Now, I'm not nearly as interested in flying it as I used to be and I just need some advice if I should sell it or if someone can suggest some fun places to fly or what to do with it because I don't know.  I live in Eastern Massachusetts for reccomendations on where to fly.  Thanks!
2019-2-16
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I don't have any location ideas for you.  I'm still in the excited, can't wait stage!  I do know that sometimes our interests do change over time.  When I first got my CNC wood carving machine I was so excited but over time my interests have changed and now I'm thinking of selling it
2019-2-16
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

You have miles and miles of Atlantic coastline, could be some really nice aerial scenery...

I can reommend you watch some Ken Herron videos...  he seems to be really adept at landmarks, mixing the flghts with historical information...  could be inspirational....  

2019-2-16
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I take it from you user name that you made videos with it? I can't really understand your reasoning because I love flying all my drones, but do admit that the Spark gets less use now days. Do you travel or take vacations? I get VERY excited when I plan a vacation because it's totally new and exotic places that I get to fly my drone and explore from the sky. OR... you could get a third party app like Litchi and add waypoints and missions to your Spark. It's quite a game changer, and allows you do make continuous 1 take flight videos that do EXACTYLY where you want without editing or cut-aways.

EDIT: If you have a youtube channel please link so I can see what kind of vids you make so I can tailor my suggestions

https://flylitchi.com/
2019-2-16
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use Google maps to look around the area you will be.
I know these remote explorers use GM to scout out their explorations.
Like the one guy that found the "house on the hill" in the middle of the dessert.
I used it once on a trip and discovered a creek nearby our stop and got this:

No idea it was ever there.
Then use the AirMap app to see flight restriction areas.

2019-2-16
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

You will miss it when its gone. SO many things you can do with it. A seasonal set of images/video showing how a place changes with the season and/or weather for instance. Recording the changing local environment for future generations, and has been said going to all those new place you have never been before, let alone the pure joy of flying especially FPV.
2019-2-17
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't sell it, you will miss it when it's gone....and you will lose money on the sale...Keep it, you live in an area that looks amazing to fly, hike etc. Spring will be here in a couple of months, the coast will be colourful, the weather warmer and more conducive to enjoying the outdoors...
2019-2-17
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't sell it, you will miss it when it's gone....and you will lose money on the sale...Keep it, you live in an area that looks amazing to fly, hike etc. Spring will be here in a couple of months, the coast will be colourful, the weather warmer and more conducive to enjoying the outdoors...
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day connorsfilms. Thank you for reaching out. Personally I do not advice you to sell your DJI Spark. The drone might get handy someday in the future. And I hope you'll get the best suggestions here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on what to do with your drone for know. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-17
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

do you know if you are allowed to fly in state parks in ma? i can never find regulations for them. are you having trouble finding places to fly due to regulations or due to scenery?
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules