608 9 2019-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wende60
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20052 ft
Germany

hi there,

yesterday i made a strange experience flying my Spark with a remote controller and a Huawei mobile phone: suddenly camera transmitter stopped sending and the camera image was frozen. Distance was moderate like less than 30m, altitude as well. I flew the Spark back to me, turned drone and controller off and on again and everything worked as expected again. Logs did not show any hint. Software is up to date.

Is this something that happens some times? Any hints how to deal with that?

Thanks and regards, wende

2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day wende. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with camera transmission of your DJI Spark. May I know the exact model of the mobile device your are using please? Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Please let us know on the latest progress. For us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-2-17
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

It is a multi-processor device and sometimes computers do crash.  Probably the video processor needed to be re-booted.
If it continues it's probably a DJI support issue.
2019-2-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Compatibility with the app, my guess.
Reinstall it, for a test.
Or change to an older version . As newer, as more performance it needs.Are you using a cable to the RC?
If not, get one.
2019-2-17
Use props
wende60
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 07:37
Hello and good day wende. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with camera transmission of your DJI Spark. May I know the exact model of the mobile device your are using please? Can you please try to use a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Please let us know on the latest progress. For us to help you further. Thank you.

hi, thanks for your support. It is a Huawei P10... Will keep an eye on that if it happens again. So far it was the first time. Regards, Jo
2019-2-17
Use props
wende60
lvl.2
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2-17 10:15
Compatibility with the app, my guess.
Reinstall it, for a test.
Or change to an older version . As newer, as more performance it needs.Are you using a cable to the RC?

thanks... read the cable does not work with the latest app version...?
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

wende60 Posted at 2-17 11:41
hi, thanks for your support. It is a Huawei P10... Will keep an eye on that if it happens again. So far it was the first time. Regards, Jo

You are very much welcome Jo. Thank you for the given update. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-17
Use props
Can I get my drone back?
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27142 ft
United States

This happens with me occasionally. Mine happens because of connection issues with the cable to my phone. Make sure your cable is secured from your controller to your phone
2019-2-17
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

happened to me once but I think it was a question of distance the image came back when I brought the drone back.
2019-2-17
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

wende60 Posted at 2-17 11:43
thanks... read the cable does not work with the latest app version...?

I think, that you did  read that wrong.
Since the last fw upgrades, last summer, otg is officially supported for droids.
4.2.21 is a stabil older version for flying with cable.
Works even perfect on Pie (on my Oneplus)
All the others (newer versions) are most likely all created just  for/because of the mavic 2 .
Ok, not 100%, but for a Spark is no 4.3.xx needed, methinks

What is the huawei model?

The thing with wifi connected to the RC is, that even a bystander / -passer with bluetooth (smart watch) on can affect your connection to the phone easily. An effect I have not seen using a cable. Even tested to fly my bird with bluetooth on, in phone settings, connected to a bluetooth watch, in the same time the device wifi connected to my main phones hotspot.
One the other hand, I had strong video feed trouble, 2017, in wifi connected to RC, because a top model from LG could not handle the stream decoding .

Try a cable. And if it is just to minimize the video lag ;-)

Edit: Also on my huawei media pad m3 8.4 it is working well, with cable on 4.2.21, 4.1.15, litchi
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules