Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stuck in Self-Diagnosis Mode after attempted firmware update
2463 6 2019-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iceman34
lvl.1
United States

I've been having issues with my MA - erratic RC Signal Loss, Not Tramsmission Image, etc - after less than 6 hours of total flying time.
I connected to Assistant 2, ran the update/re-install the lastest firmware, and that seemed to work for about a total of 30 minutes flight time. This morning I noticed the same issues occurring so I tried the same method except this time I 'RESTORED TO FACTORY DEFAULTS'. After this was complete, I attempted to fly the drone. It was obvious after takeoff the RC Signal Loss was even worse. I connected to Assitant 2 once again to install the latest firmware. I got to 95% - waited 20-25 minutes and manually stopped the update (via shutting down the drone). Now my MA is in constant 'Self-Diagnosis' mode and Assitant 2 will not recognize it even though its hard wired to my Mac.  
I know there are other folks out there who are experienceing the same issue. Is there a fix? Im not a member of the warranty program and am hoping there a work-around procedure that will fix this without having to send it in.

Ive had nothing but issues after the first couple of hours flying out of the box. This is incredibly disappointing...

Any help is appreciated!!

Thank you!
2019-2-17
Use props
Iceman34
lvl.1
United States

I should clarify:

I've had to REFRESH the FW four times to re-gain the out of box flying experience. This latest time I DOWNGRADED with the hopes the older FW version would eliminate the issues Ive been having. That was unsuccessful. I reconnected to Assistant 2, installed the latest version of NO FLY ZONE per the prompts, then proceeded to try and update to the most recent version of the FW. This is the point when the update stalled and I hard-booted the drone. After hard-boot, the drone is no longer recognized by Assistant 2 even though its hard wired and SELF-DIAGNOSTIC mode persists.

PLEASE HELP!! Thx!!
2019-2-17
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

if it isn't broke don't fix it...
2019-2-17
Use props
Iceman34
lvl.1
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2-17 15:52
if it isn't broke don't fix it...

Thanks for the valuable feedback.
2019-2-18
Use props
Iceman34
lvl.1
United States

Iceman34 Posted at 2-18 07:15
Thanks for the valuable feedback.

Does your MA lose signal? Does it not transmit images? Does it not respond to control inputs during flight?

If this is normal, I bought the wrong drone.
2019-2-18
Use props
Jbeam
New
Flight distance : 25220 ft

Germany

Iceman34 Posted at 2019-2-18 07:17
Does your MA lose signal? Does it not transmit images? Does it not respond to control inputs during flight?

If this is normal, I bought the wrong drone.

Hi, did you manage to solve the stuck-in-diagnosis-problem? I got the same issue here. Any hint is hiighly appreciated.

Thank you.  
2020-12-19
Use props
MelMar85
lvl.1
Australia

I'll be watching this thread with interest. I am lucky that mine is not locked in SD mode however after a firmware update its usability has dropped to near on useless. I suffer

- Erratic aircraft behaviour, wantint to land when no issues- Loss of picture transmission from craft to iPad
- Loss of aerial transmission with advice to adjust antennas
- When around 90m plus the picture coming back freezes, jumps or is very heavily pixalated
- On take off it advices I may be in a restricted airport zone ( I am definitely not ) but allows take off and disappears

None of that happened prior to the Firmware update. Mine is less than 12 months old and I did not do any updates out of the box, clever move. I updated last night and now i got a house brick. Thanks DJI development.
To the OP, I think due to you doing the updates you have rendered your drone to the status of housebrick. I too am not in the warranty program as that was not explained to me but there oare consumer alws here in Australia I will check into.
2020-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules