[Solved] Guidance battery interference
1124 0 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theobslhc
lvl.2

France

Hi,

I am flying a Matrice 100 equiped with the Guidance system and a custom embedded computer for processing.
I have no choice but to mount my embedded computer on top of the central plate, and to do that I have to remove the battery compartment.
I am left with only one option which is to use a second battery compartment that is currently mounted under the center frame - which would be fine by me but I am worried about something I read and find somewhat unclear in the Matrice 100 user manual :

"If you are using the DJI Guidance System, it is recommended to mount the battery compartment on top of the center frame to avoid interference with the Guidance System. If you choose to mount the battery compartment under the center frame, disconnect the cable of the Guidance Sensor before accessing the Intelligent Flight Battery" (under "Mounting the Battery Compartment" p.10)
- What kind of interference is it? What could this interference do to the Guidance System? Would it make the flights less stable?      -> DJI Support : Electromagnetic interferences that will cause instability.
- Is there a way to avoid such interferences?
      -> DJI Support : Do not use whichever battery slot you mounted the Guidance next to.
- What cable should be disconnected and what does "accessing" mean here?
      -> DJI Support : Unplug all Guidance cables before turning on the drone.

Thanks to anyone who could help.

EDIT : I contacted DJI support. Answers in red in the above.

2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules