Waypoints 2.0 - Stuttering Yaw
2472 8 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NGaDronePilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 607815 ft
United States

LITCHI has had a bug with Mavic 2 that causes stuttering in the yaw movement when transitioning between waypoints or focusing on a POI. Instead of a smooth movement, it stutters, making the resulting video essentially unusable. Now that Waypoints 2.0 has been released, we're seeing the exact same issue in DJI Go 4. This leads me to conclude, as LITCHI has said all along, that it's due to a firmware issue with Mavic 2.

Does anyone know if DJI is aware of this? I'm certainly hopeful that they are working on a fix.
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry to hear about the issue. Regarding that, I will forward your concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Would it be possible if you can provide a sample video of the issue? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2019-2-18
Use props
TrippleDelta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

I’ve seen this on all my waypoint missions. Very disapointing.
2019-2-18
Use props
fans19322c80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1293468 ft
Netherlands

I have the very same problem. When flying in a arch around a POI the drone adjusts very stuttery and inconsistent. Would be great if it worked as smooth as the visual based POI flying mode.
2019-3-11
Use props
NGaDronePilot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-18 08:44
Hi, we're very sorry to hear about the issue. Regarding that, I will forward your concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Would it be possible if you can provide a sample video of the issue? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

Please watch this video starting at minute 13:00  
2019-3-12
Use props
NGaDronePilot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-18 08:44

I've posted a YouTube link that illustrates this issue perfectly.

We're seeing this STUTTERING movement when Panning on a Mission.
The Video is NOT smooth - and appears to intermittently "CATCHUP" with a quick movement - as if the gimbal has been freed from being stuck.

The video then is Unusable. This issue is being widely reported by hundreds of Mavic 2 owners, but I've yet to see an official DJI response. Are they working on a firmware fix?

2019-3-16
Use props
BobbyC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1401522 ft
United States

I  have seen this exact same thing!  Does DJI plan to fix this???
2019-5-1
Use props
SlickR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any news on this, it's been a while and Waypoints 2 is still completely USELESS?
2019-6-19
Use props
NGaDronePilot
lvl.1

SlickR Posted at 6-19 12:57
Any news on this, it's been a while and Waypoints 2 is still completely USELESS?

Thank heavens, YES!! The latest firmware update finally fixed this issue. I can't tell you how happy I am that this is finally working properly.
2019-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules