Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoint 2 For Mavic Pro
6106 22 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb47352ff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123579 ft
Italy

Hi,
I 'd like to suggest to Dji to implement this kind of fuction for mavic pro 1st series as well, in order to avoid the dji customer
to use third party apps and enjoy of a smooth mission editor as Waypoint 2 feature should be,since mavic pro 1 is still selling as a good and solid stuff on your on line shop.

Hoping this kind of dream coud be turned soon in a firmware update for mavic pro 1 on djigo 4.

Regards
Marco

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Marco. Thank you for sharing you insights and these information with us today. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Waypoints 2.0. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-18
Use props
fansb47352ff
lvl.2
Italy

Many Thanks for your prompt reply ,I'm proud to be  a dji's loyal customer since a use only dji product.

Bye
Marco
Owner: Mavic pro Platinium Fmc- PH3 Pro- Dji Tello - Osmo Mb 2 -F450 Naza V2
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansb47352ff Posted at 2-18 09:50
Many Thanks for your prompt reply ,I'm proud to be  a dji's loyal customer since a use only dji product.

Bye

You are very much welcome Marco. We are very glad and proud to have you as a DJI Forum Member. Thank you for all your help and support you have given and contributed. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-18
Use props
Stevej502
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150243 ft
United States

I agree totally with this and was surprised it wasn’t push to us Mavic 1 users. I would think it was simply a software issue so should be easy to use. And yes it would help prevent the use of third party software. It is a feature I would use often. I hope that the reason for it not being simply to try to push sales of the newer drones.
2019-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And I would love to have fixed wing mode on the M2P and course lock, home lock, follow me and the option of waypoints 1.0 as easier to use. Do you think if you send in your Mavic 1 they'll replace the camera with a Hasselblad too and upgrade the battery... Point being they are different drones and the Mavic 1 is in EOL process now. If you want POI V2.0, Active track V2.0, Waypoints V2.0, OcuSync V2.0, Omni directional OA needed for some of these upgrades and a CMOS 1" 20mp sensor to boot then you simply need to buy a Mavic 2 Pro rather than expecting 2018-19 tech to fit in a 2016 drone. It's called progression. This is a bit like asking Apple to update the IOS firmware so that an iPhone 7 with an A10 fusion chip has the same processing speed as an iPhone XS with an A12 bio - it simply won't happen as the Xs has been upgraded just like the Mavic 2 Pro. Waypoints V2.0 is not universal.
2019-2-18
Use props
fansb47352ff
lvl.2
Italy

A CW Posted at 2-18 11:29
And I would love to have fixed wing mode on the M2P and course lock, home lock, follow me and the option of waypoints 1.0 as easier to use. Do you think if you send in your Mavic 1 they'll replace the camera with a Hasselblad too and upgrade the battery... Point being they are different drones and the Mavic 1 is in EOL process now. If you want POI V2.0, Active track V2.0, Waypoints V2.0, OcuSync V2.0, Omni directional OA needed for some of these upgrades and a CMOS 1" 20mp sensor to boot then you simply need to buy a Mavic 2 Pro rather than expecting 2018-19 tech to fit in a 2016 drone. It's called progression. This is a bit like asking Apple to update the IOS firmware so that an iPhone 7 with an A10 fusion chip has the same processing speed as an iPhone XS with an A12 bio - it simply won't happen as the Xs has been upgraded just like the Mavic 2 Pro. Waypoints V2.0 is not universal.

It s quite different thing what you say, oculus sync 2, Hasselblad camera etc needs a different hardware of course, a mission planner feature works on every GPS drone in fact you can use litchi on phantom 3 mavic pro spark etc. As I do
It simply a software matter not hardware.
Bye
2019-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb47352ff Posted at 2-18 23:21
It s quite different thing what you say, oculus sync 2, Hasselblad camera etc needs a different hardware of course, a mission planner feature works on every GPS drone in fact you can use litchi on phantom 3 mavic pro spark etc. As I do
It simply a software matter not hardware.
Bye

Strange as I still don't see waypoints on the Mavic Air or Spark. Good luck.  
2019-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about it?EDIT: This is clearly SPAM - Reported.
2019-2-19
Use props
fansb47352ff
lvl.2
Italy

A CW Posted at 2-19 02:48
What about it?EDIT: This is clearly SPAM - Reported.

https://youtu.be/Xi5dFrc15OI see may be it s only for Italian customers this upgrade of litchi??? I don't think so....
Have good school
2019-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb47352ff Posted at 2-19 09:59
https://youtu.be/Xi5dFrc15OI see may be it s only for Italian customers this upgrade of litchi??? I don't think so....
Have good school

Hahahaha - pure spam - I'd ignore it.
2019-2-19
Use props
fansb47352ff
lvl.2
Italy

CW I m supposing you will be a good seller some day, trying to push people to buy latest product.... Best but expensive solution...
Rgds
2019-2-19
Use props
MattMT
New

Malta

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 09:38
Hello and good day Marco. Thank you for sharing you insights and these information with us today. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Waypoints 2.0. Thank you for your support.

Hello any updates? as i really need this in my Mavic pro

Thank You
2019-8-27
Use props
djiuser_slkTNji7dr78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64715 ft

Australia

I agree.  Looking at this functionality right now and grossly disappointed I cannot plan and upload a flight path to the Mavic Pro before I take off.
2020-9-2
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Why neither DJI Go 3 and 4 does not have any ability to use a mission hub like Litchi has?
I asked longer time ago in a P3S topic about that. How would it be with planning a WP-mission on a PC and can fly that mission mentioning the topographical heights of the relief of terrain?
2020-9-5
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

My intention is to duplicate the mission form Bird1 to Bird2. If i did a recon flight with my P3S and save that mission on the Go 3 then i want to access that mission on Go 4 too so i can do it with MPP/P4 and newer DJI UAS .
That would be my version of mission hub. Reconnaissance flight is for me very imortant too.
2020-9-6
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

The Go apps does it too but between the Go3 and Go4 the missions can´t be interchanged.. WP function is a part of the copters firmware of the P3 series and Mavic pro series. If the Go apps do detect that part then that is shown on the function menu. If not then WP is´nt available.
2020-9-13
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Search on the internet or ask me..(PM)..Get the modded DJIGO4 , based on 4.1.22 or 4.1.15 for Spark  and you have your waypoints and all other stuff.
2020-9-14
Use props
Davva
New
Flight distance : 133917 ft
United Kingdom

Hi looking at this original request it was in 2019 its now 2021 still no Waypoints 2.0 for the poor relation Mavic Pro - Do you think they just want us to buy the Mavic Pro 2 and later models!!  
2021-6-18
Use props
kapsolas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184626 ft
  • >>>
United States

Davva Posted at 6-18 10:46
Hi looking at this original request it was in 2019 its now 2021 still no Waypoints 2.0 for the poor relation Mavic Pro - Do you think they just want us to buy the Mavic Pro 2 and later models!!

I still own my Mavic Pro and it is a good drone. The camera is showing its age a bit, but otherwise it is still a good drone.

Adding way points is a software item and not hardware. They can easily add it, but DJI would never add it. It would compete with its more newer drones. Instead we are left to 3rd parties building it via the SDK and thus relying on the quality assurance of the development of those 3rd party apps.

I hope we are surprised with an update for Mavic Pro, but we have not seen anything updated in a couple years now.
2021-6-18
Use props
djiuser_tGJp0owOahFo
New
United States

Hi,
Asking help on following issue.  I have a Mavic 2 Pro with a DJI Smart Controller.
I am trying to program a very short distance Waypoints flight -- from 5 m to 25 meters between waypoints for a total a few hundred feet flight.
The total area of the flight area is about 100 feet x 150 feet
The issue is that within the screen of the Smart Controller, the waypoints appear very close together because of a low resolution of the Smart Controller (I think).
So it is almost impossible to plot them as some are very nearly on top of each other.  I "zoom in" but there is a limit to that as well.

So, are there other ways to program a Waypoints flight???  Or other ways to solve this problem?
For example can you do a flight via manual controls, and then "record" that flight in Waypoints, so as to re-fly it?  (I.e, don't have to plot points.)
Or is there another way to plot the points on the low-res screen?
Or perhaps use of mobile Phone with the mobile phone adaptor controller (which I don't have, so I'd rather not for now).
Any thoughts please?
Thanks.
Regards,
Joseph

2021-9-11
Use props
shelldrake
lvl.1

Australia

A CW Posted at 2019-2-18 11:29
And I would love to have fixed wing mode on the M2P and course lock, home lock, follow me and the option of waypoints 1.0 as easier to use. Do you think if you send in your Mavic 1 they'll replace the camera with a Hasselblad too and upgrade the battery... Point being they are different drones and the Mavic 1 is in EOL process now. If you want POI V2.0, Active track V2.0, Waypoints V2.0, OcuSync V2.0, Omni directional OA needed for some of these upgrades and a CMOS 1" 20mp sensor to boot then you simply need to buy a Mavic 2 Pro rather than expecting 2018-19 tech to fit in a 2016 drone. It's called progression. This is a bit like asking Apple to update the IOS firmware so that an iPhone 7 with an A10 fusion chip has the same processing speed as an iPhone XS with an A12 bio - it simply won't happen as the Xs has been upgraded just like the Mavic 2 Pro. Waypoints V2.0 is not universal.

Apple is apple, so not really a valid argument.  I can upgrade my Android phone or tablet to newer versions and I can also upgrade my personal computer (MS actually provided free upgrade to Win11).  Hardware and software are two different components, so why not allow Mavic owners to access some decent waypoint navigation, if it can be done by writing/adjusting some code.
2021-9-16
Use props
shelldrake
lvl.1

Australia

kapsolas Posted at 6-18 12:55
I still own my Mavic Pro and it is a good drone. The camera is showing its age a bit, but otherwise it is still a good drone.

Adding way points is a software item and not hardware. They can easily add it, but DJI would never add it. It would compete with its more newer drones. Instead we are left to 3rd parties building it via the SDK and thus relying on the quality assurance of the development of those 3rd party apps.

HI
Are you able to provide names of some good third party controller software please.  Preferably one which takes UTM / MGA coordinates (however, Lat/Long will do if that's all that is available).
I have a Mavic Pro and very disappointed that I can't input waypoints prior to flight.  I would like to input my property boundary coordinates (which I already know) and have the drone follow that path.  I can't fly this path to record the waypoints as I don't have property boundary marked on screen map (not very accurate anyway) displayed during flight.
Thanks
W.
2021-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules