Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mississippi River Ice Jam
1357 16 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Video starts out at Lock and Dam located at Canton, Missouri. This is about 20 miles south of my location in Keokuk, Iowa. A major ice jam is forming just
above this dam, creating major concerns for surrounding properties. Damage from the ice along with possible major flooding could occur is the thawing doesn't go
as everyone hopes. This ice jam litteraly goes for miles, and as far as you can see. The video doesn't really do justice to the size of these ice chunks. They are very large, and ice can do some major damage. Hopefully all goes well when the melting starts. The gates at the dam are all open allowing the water to flow as it can, but obviously the ice jam is restricting the flow.

2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cool video. Thank you for sharing this video with us. If there any help needed, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice capture!  What a mess.
2019-2-18
Use props
Phantom One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Nice video, thanks
2019-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

God work
2019-2-18
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Nice video thanks.
2019-2-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work, That's a lot of ice.
2019-2-18
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good to see something different.
2019-2-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video, great job!
2019-2-20
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Nice video.  On the Wisconsin River years ago, that broken ice at the edge of a jam sang like a huge wind chime.  Was so eery and beautiful.  
Your horizon is tilted a bit.  Might want to re-calibrate your gamble setting.  Didn't detract from the video, just an editorial comment.  
Thanks for sharing.  
2019-2-20
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

bob37 Posted at 2-20 12:50
Nice video.  On the Wisconsin River years ago, that broken ice at the edge of a jam sang like a huge wind chime.  Was so eery and beautiful.  
Your horizon is tilted a bit.  Might want to re-calibrate your gamble setting.  Didn't detract from the video, just an editorial comment.  
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I noticed the tilt a bit too. No offense taken, It was pretty windy that day too, but that shouldn't matter. It wasn't a spectacular video in that it was a cloudy day, and no shinny lights or anything like that, but just thought some might like seeing that ice. I'll have to see when things start warming up, if that ice starts really pushing up and making big piles. I'll try to get a sunny day and give an update.
2019-2-20
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Looks really cool flying over ice low. Good video. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-2-20
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2-20 14:33
Yeah I noticed the tilt a bit too. No offense taken, It was pretty windy that day too, but that shouldn't matter. It wasn't a spectacular video in that it was a cloudy day, and no shinny lights or anything like that, but just thought some might like seeing that ice. I'll have to see when things start warming up, if that ice starts really pushing up and making big piles. I'll try to get a sunny day and give an update.

Looking forward to the update.
2019-2-22
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

really cool, think you could use a compass or imu calibration though
2019-2-22
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2-20 14:33

ah ok didn't read this before comentingng
2019-2-22
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it will be melted before it makes it to the Delta!   Wonder what that white ice would look like if it formed further south after it earns the nickname Big Muddy.  Interesting vid.
2019-2-23
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Awesome footage, nice work
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules