UAS Registration?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

What is the present (or near future) status of FAA registarion for a P3A used only for hobby flying?  I got a number two years ago, but then it was no longer required due to some judge's ruling on hobby craft.  My number expires soon, and a friend said that we need the number again.  So now I am confused.  
2019-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day bob37. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry regarding the FAA registration number of your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I hope you'll get the best information here from our valued DJI Members and Customers regarding this matter. Have a safe and happy flying always.

2019-2-18
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The registration rule was reinstated in December 2017. And on February 25th,  you'll need to display your registration number on the outside of your drone. See more details here.

Your registration does not expire until at least 2020. If you log into your FAA account here, you'll see the expiration date has been extended.
2019-2-18
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2-18 10:59
The registration rule was reinstated in December 2017. And on February 25th,  you'll need to display your registration number on the outside of your drone. See more details here.

Your registration does not expire until at least 2020. If you log into your FAA account here, you'll see the expiration date has been extended.

Thank you!  Actually it expires in June 2019 having it issued  on 6/28/16 (was off a bit when i said "2 years").  I will re-instate it and place it back on my P3A.  
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules