2266 5 2019-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2984131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having a problem with the new Waypoint 2.0 and wanted to find out if anyone else has the same issue or has found a workaround.

My drone flies the waypoints just fine. For the last waypoint I specified hover. If I let the drone get to that last waypoint, I am not able to cancel waypoints, specify another mode or load another waypoint. The only thiing that works is the return home button.

Thanks

Just to clarify my entry, I believe this is a software bug in the waypoint code created by DJI. I’m hoping they are reviewing the post and will fix the bug in the next code release.

Waypoint 2.0 does not allow you to specify hover on a specific waypoint; it can only be specified in the mission settings to indicate what should happen at the completion of the mission. I have already specified hover there, and it is when that point is reached that this bug occurs.

2019-2-18
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-18
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Hi H Photo,

As Brett Brandon mentions, you need to specify the end action of your mission in the Mission Settings to Hover; there are 3 different options as I recall.

If you don’t change the default, the drone will perform a RTH.

Cheers
2019-2-18
Use props
Mija711
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your findings with end action to hover is accurate.  I too had the same issue.  In fact the same is true with return to 1st waypoint.  After the mission is completed with any action other that RTH locks waypoints into a state that you can't get out of, and must reset the app.  This occurs with every attempt.  I too hope DJI is aware of this issue.
2019-3-6
Use props
H Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2984131 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI. With the newest microcode the way points problem I previously reported has been fixed. I've done multiple flights and now when hover is specified for the end of a way points mission it returns to normal flight mode and hovers. Just what I would expect. DJI, thanks for the fix.
2019-5-2
Use props
PS013
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

H Photo Posted at 5-2 05:17
FYI. With the newest microcode the way points problem I previously reported has been fixed. I've done multiple flights and now when hover is specified for the end of a way points mission it returns to normal flight mode and hovers. Just what I would expect. DJI, thanks for the fix.

Thank you for the update - Just got my Mavic 2 and was afraid to use the waypoint
2019-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules