180 Panorama - Mimo/RAW comparison
1030 11 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I am really liking the 180 Panorama capability of OP. When travelling I previously took quick panoramas on my iPhone, OP lifts the game .. keeping level while taking the pano is no longer an issue, and you can quickly share the Mimo stiched version. You can then later stitch and style the panorama using the individual RAW photos. The following photo is of my local beach this morning showing both versions.
1. Mimo app stitched version 4126 x 1014 pixels, 72 PPI

DJI Mimo Version

DJI Mimo Version

2. RAW processed in Lightroom, stitched and styled in Photoshop and exported 4096 x 1186 pixels, 300 PPI (downsized from 9528 x 2760 pixels)
Blended.jpeg

2019-2-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I've you tried processing the Mimo stitched pano in Lightroom? I wonder how much detail could be pulled.
2019-2-19
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Curt1591 Posted at 2-19 17:29
I've you tried processing the Mimo stitched pano in Lightroom? I wonder how much detail could be pulled.

No I haven't but I will give it a try and post the result here shortly .. I'm having a lazy day
2019-2-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Both are nice, but the second one seems to have more detail
2019-2-19
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Curt1591 Posted at 2-19 17:29

Hey Curt.

Similar treatment to what I gave the RAW version. There is definitely less detail in the Memo version (the colour and detail in the seaweed was what I particularly noticed), but overall it stands up pretty well I think.

1. Post-processed Mimo version

2. RAW version (reposted so you can compare)

The other difference to note between the two versions is that Mimo crops the image, whereas you can ask Photoshop to Smart Fill when stitching resulting in a wider view (see bottom RHC as an example)

Cheers
Steve
2019-2-19
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Woe Posted at 2-19 17:40
Both are nice, but the second one seems to have more detail

Yes definitely the RAW has better detail and dynamic range, but the Mimo version is still pretty good.
2019-2-19
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Yup; the app does do a good job.
2019-2-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

forbsie Posted at 2-19 17:59
Yes definitely the RAW has better detail and dynamic range, but the Mimo version is still pretty good.

Agreed it's nice.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing your awesome comparison, well done. Cheers!
2019-2-20
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

forbsie Posted at 2-19 17:55
Hey Curt.

Similar treatment to what I gave the RAW version. There is definitely less detail in the Memo version (the colour and detail in the seaweed was what I particularly noticed), but overall it stands up pretty well I think.

Wow, great job!  Both look amazing but no doubt the raw has more dynamic range.  You just reminded me I can do this too.  Another reason to love Ozzie, as my daughter calls it... Lol.  
2019-2-20
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Joemar7 Posted at 2-20 11:10
Wow, great job!  Both look amazing but no doubt the raw has more dynamic range.  You just reminded me I can do this too.  Another reason to love Ozzie, as my daughter calls it... Lol.

Thanks Joe,

I was quite impressed with how accurate the Mimo stitching is too. I tried stitching the RAW files with another RAW editor (ON1 RAW), and it wasn't able to do it.

I need to get back to the USA again, your national parks are worth the trip alone.

Cheers mate
2019-2-20
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing the comparison!
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules