My Mavic is being held hostage by DJI service -- anyone else?
539 8 2019-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavicproaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1739 ft
United States

I seem to have stumbled into the unfortunate position that other Mavic owners have faced--  the infamous gimbal obstruction error on the Mavic Pro, after which I sent my drone in for the repair for this bug / well-documented fault and have now been charged for all sorts of extraneous repairs and received vague, inconsistent communication as to why.
Apart from the gimbal obstruction error, my Mavic is perfectly functional and flies as if it were new.

The original quote was for all sorts of unnecessary repairs -- propellers, upper module, motor arms, in addition to replacing the entire gimbal and camera module. The bill came in at $345.

I asked that everything extraneous be removed; they sent me a quote for $194 for gimbal + camera replacement and upper cover / middle frame plus labor and insisted that labor would take just as long as it did in the first quote.

I looked up the labor rates for the gimbal -- one hour at $65; DJI service continues insists on 2 hours to do it because of the upper cover / middle frame. I re-emphasized that the cover and frame were unnecessary (the aircraft flies normally -- the only issue is the gimbal error that is common to the Mavic). This led nowhere.

When I asked again, I got an email that said, "Actually, the engineering team now says your Mavic is unrepairable," along with essentially an ultimatum to pay the new $194 quote for repairs.

This just seems like a blatant attempt to extract as much money as possible for fixing a minor, well-documented problem. I'm now being wholly ignored by the service rep who has been handling my case and by his manager (apart from, of course, repeated notifications to pay).

Has anyone else been given this runaround, extortionary treatment? Any advice on how to break through to someone who can actually help? Any help is appreciated -- it's now been a month that DJI has had my Mavic and I'm pretty exhausted from contending with this service team.

2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center. We managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the damage assessment was based on the drone's status when we received it. Your requirement of the repair parts have been escalated to the appropriate team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-2-20
Use props
mavicproaz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-20 00:04
Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center. We managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the damage assessment was based on the drone's status when we received it. Your requirement of the repair parts have been escalated to the appropriate team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hi Mindy -- this response makes no sense to me, as the assessment of the drone's status seems to have changed multiple times since I have received it.

I have also not received any follow up from anyone on the support team. Who can I speak with about this?
2019-2-25
Use props
mavicproaz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-20 00:04
Hi there, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center. We managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the damage assessment was based on the drone's status when we received it. Your requirement of the repair parts have been escalated to the appropriate team to double review, we will have someone to contact you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Hi Mindy -- this response makes no sense to me, as the assessment of the drone's status seems to have changed multiple times since I have received it.

I have also not received any follow up from anyone on the support team. Who can I speak with about this?
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mavicproaz Posted at 2-25 12:32

I have also not received any follow up from anyone on the support team. Who can I speak with about this?

The quotation is about all the damages we evaluated including the physical damages. The quotation was changed several times because you requested, some can be canceled like the propellers but some parts must be repaired/replaced. Your case is following up by the higher level team and I will inform the team to contact you as soon as possible, thanks for your patience and understanding.
2019-2-25
Use props
Salmanmuir
New

India

Thanks, for sharing this long post this helped me a lot.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Salmanmuir Posted at 3-1 01:28
Thanks, for sharing this long post this helped me a lot.

Hi Salmanmuir, if you have any concern, please don't hesitate to let us know more details.
2019-3-1
Use props
djiuser_75vSaQRb1xml
New

United States

I just bought a pro platinum. The SD card door lost a tooth the second time I took the SD card out. I asked DJI for a replacement, after a week they told me I'd have to send my unit in for repair.

For an external plastic part.

Thank you for your post - it convinced me to return my Mavic to seller. Now I just have to decide if it's worth the customer service frustration to get a new one!
2019-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_75vSaQRb1xml Posted at 3-2 07:12
I just bought a pro platinum. The SD card door lost a tooth the second time I took the SD card out. I asked DJI for a replacement, after a week they told me I'd have to send my unit in for repair.

For an external plastic part.

Hi there, sorry to hear that, may we verify how you contacted our support? The replacement service is unable to be provided if it is requested more than fifteen (15) calendars days after receiving a product. Did you contact our support after 15 days?
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules