Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello,

Yesterday I received my OSMO Pocket. Very nice little fellow. Started some tests in full HD (just to look how it works) and seemed perfect.
Then I switch to 4k (30fps) (tried mov and mp4) and when I press the record button, it looks like it is starting recoring, but the counter stays on 00:00:00 seconds..... Unable to press or do anything but hold down the power button. By returning everything is back to 1080 instead of 4k. Tried it serveral times, without luck.

Now I swith to 4k, power down the OSMO, disconnect it from my phone (iPhone X) and start the OSMO again. Then I can record in 4k without my phone connected. Stop the recording, connect my phone again.... start recording and again my OSMO freezes up.

Someone else have this issue? Or should I send it back to the reseller?

regards, Maik
2019-2-20
Use props
WOLF Eagle
lvl.3
Austria

Have you tried another microSD card ? Did you restart your phone after installing the Mimo app? Try to reset the OP system parameters.
2019-2-20
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

WOLF Eagle Posted at 2-20 03:17
Have you tried another microSD card ? Did you restart your phone after installing the Mimo app? Try to reset the OP system parameters.

Did not restart my phone, but tried another MicroSD. I will try to restart my iPhone and retest.
2019-2-20
Use props
dronieuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17018 ft
United Kingdom

Is the MicroSD card the recommended speed?
If possible try a different brand, many SD cards claim to offer the required speeds for 4k but are often fakes.
In the past I've even had to return a card to Amazon as after testing it was clearly fake.
2019-2-20
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronieuk Posted at 2-20 04:56
Is the MicroSD card the recommended speed?
If possible try a different brand, many SD cards claim to offer the required speeds for 4k but are often fakes.
In the past I've even had to return a card to Amazon as after testing it was clearly fake.

I used the MicroSD card also in my mavic air at the highest quility iwithout issues. It is a SanDisk Extreme U3 64GB
2019-2-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know specifically what is happening, but will offer two ideas, similar to what has been offered so far.  The purpose of these steps it to take you back to "Factory Settings" and starting with what should be a 'clean' starting point.

Delete the Mimo App and turn off you iPhone "completely" ... meaning using the slider to power it off.  Then re-load the Mimo App.  (You'll have to reenter your DJI sign-in's).  If you can, use a "new" SD card, otherwise, using the Pocket, format the SD (I prefer this over using Mimo, only because it removes one variable that might be a problem).  Check the Firmware version [  swipe down, then tap the Settings icon, swipe left, tap More, tap Device Info ] Firmware  s/b V. 01.04.00.02.  After checking the Firmware version swipe back to the screen where you tapped Device Info.  Then tap "Reset" ... which should take you back to factory settings.  
FWIW, I also use an iPhone Xs and had similar issues.  However it was before the firmware update and before installing an update to the phone.  I'm NOT implying that those are the reasons for the problem, only that getting a 'clean' device makes sense where there are so many variables at play.

Finally,... if all this fails, scroll to the bottom of this post and start an online chat.  Be ready to provide a link to this conversation (copy the URL to paste into the Chat) and get their help.  At a minimum you should ask for a Case # if they don't resolve it.  The Post provides them with the detail that you've followed to resolve the matter on your own.

https://www.dji.com/support    then scroll to bottom of screen, click "Online Support" for a chat session.
2019-2-20
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanx all, resetted everything and now it looks to behave normal..... I will keep you informed if it re-occurs.

Thanx again!
2019-2-20
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

MaikR Posted at 2-20 22:21
Thanx all, resetted everything and now it looks to behave normal..... I will keep you informed if it re-occurs.

Thanx again!

All RIGHT !  Thanks for letting us know how it went.
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules