Why the huge difference in the value of different currencies?
12Next >
4234 41 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

This is mainly a matter for the DJI staff but all are welcome to participate.
I have earned some forum points and got them converted to US $ that I would like to use in the DJI store.

Below is an example:  (this is not an expression of how many points my shopping trip is about)
US $ 30 is currently (February 20, 2019) equivalent to € 26.43

Unfortunately, my problem is that DJI has a different view of how many euros a dollar is worth, and according to the shopping cart I have to pay with euro when I live in Denmark, due to local taxes and shipping costs I guess.

According to the DJI shop: US $ 30 equals € 21.62... that is almost 5 euros (US $ 5.67) less than the real value. I belive this is stupid and unfair.

Another example:
If I want to buy a Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery, cost US $ 90, it equals in my local currency (Danish Kroner) DKK 591.71

If I want to buy the same battery but have to pay in euro, it will look like this - cost € 99 equivalent to DKK 738.68

Can a DJI staff or someone else please explain this difference to me?  
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi FlyDK, Kindly accept my sincere apologies for all the trouble. This is not what DJI's wants you to experience. If it is convenient for you, please provide a screenshot for further checking. Also, I will forward this concern to our designated team for clarification and I will notify you once I aleady have a feedback. We appreciate your time and patience. Thank you.
2019-3-3
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-3 08:52
Hi FlyDK, Kindly accept my sincere apologies for all the trouble. This is not what DJI's wants you to experience. If it is convenient for you, please provide a screenshot for further checking. Also, I will forward this concern to our designated team for clarification and I will notify you once I aleady have a feedback. We appreciate your time and patience. Thank you.

Apologies accepted - no problem.
I don't believe any screenshots will make any difference. It's all about the value of a euro and no European buyer can be satisfied with spending more euros on a product than necessary.

I'm looking forward to hear from you again when the issue is solved.
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FlyDK Posted at 3-3 11:45
Apologies accepted - no problem.
I don't believe any screenshots will make any difference. It's all about the value of a euro and no European buyer can be satisfied with spending more euros on a product than necessary.

Thank you. I will give you an update as soon as possible.
2019-3-3
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

As I mentioned I can't see how screenshots can really make a difference. But here is 3 from different sites and they agree on how much $ 30 is worth when converting to euros.

https://www.x-rates.com/calculat ... o=EUR&amount=30

https://valutaomregneren.dk/

https://www.xe.com/currencyconve ... From=USD&To=EUR
2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FlyDK Posted at 3-3 13:27
As I mentioned I can't see how screenshots can really make a difference. But here is 3 from different sites and they agree on how much $ 30 is worth when converting to euros.

https://www.x-rates.com/calculator/?from=USD&to=EUR&amount=30

Sorry for the late response.  After confirming to our related team, DJI takes many factors into account when setting prices for customers in different countries around the world, including tariff applications, tax rates, and currency exchange fluctuations. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-3-6
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-6 11:13
Sorry for the late response.  After confirming to our related team, DJI takes many factors into account when setting prices for customers in different countries around the world, including tariff applications, tax rates, and currency exchange fluctuations. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

Ok - have anything changed then?

I mean, you can't just make a euro worth less than it's worth?
But it seems to me that what you've done to achieve the same thing is, that europeans earns less for their forum-points, due to the fact that you claim, that $30 equals 21.(something) euros.

While I write this $30 is worth 26.71 euros.
2019-3-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

To make this fair, square and equal to everybody, make all buyers pay in US $.
2019-3-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-6 11:13
My apologies for the late response.  After confirming to our related team, DJI takes many factors into account when setting prices for customers in different countries around the world, including tariff applications, tax rates, and currency exchange fluctuations. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

This thread needs more attention from DJI (at least). I keep asking specific questions but I am not satisfied with the answers or the lack of the same.

FACTS:
1. If you convert 1800 forum points you get 10 DJI credits = USD 10
2. If you are an american/canadian/UAE/ citizen you can use those USD 10 in the DJI store
3. If you are a european citizen (I live in Denmark) you cannot pay with USD but have to pay in EURO (except for UK citizens who pays in GBP)

I currently have 80 DJI credits, worth USD 80 = DKK 527,17 (Danish Kroner)
If I add stuff to my DJI shop basket and chose to use my credits it says that I have, EUR 57,66 = DKK 430,64 (Danish Kroner)

== This has nothing to do with taxes or shipping costs at all. It is solely my earned credit that has shrunk significantly after DJI's incorrect conversion from USD to EUR. ==

My point is that no matter which currency is converted to, from USD, the final value must be approx the same. It is wrong to promise me that I earn $ 10 for every 1800 earned forum points, and then just give me approx 8. That's really and honnestly what happens when the conversion from Dollar to Euro has taken place at the DJI's webshop at check out.

So why DJI... Why?
2019-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 3-16 04:30
This thread needs more attention from DJI (at least). I keep asking specific questions but I am not satisfied with the answers or the lack of the same.

FACTS:

This is something that I agree needs to be questioned too. The current exchange rate between GBP to the US dollar is £1 = $1.33 - so US$30 is £22.53 yet when I cash in 30 credits worth US$30 each month I am awarded with £18.72 and it has been this amount since 2017... It seems the exchange rates are not updated on the DJI system and those outside the US are losing out! It may seem a small amount but it adds up over time and given my points it's a loss of over £45 a year to me...
2019-3-16
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

A CW Posted at 3-16 07:44
This is something that I agree needs to be questioned too. The current exchange rate between GBP to the US dollar is £1 = $1.33 - so US£30 is £22.53 yet when I cash in 30 credits worth US$30 each month I am awarded with £18.72 and it has been this amount since 2017... It seems the exchange rates are not updated on the DJI system and those outside the US are losing out! It may seem a small amount but it adds up over time and given my points it's a loss of over £45 a year to me...

What I thought ... exactly the same picture..!

As an owner of an online shop that uses online payment, you have a responsibility that it is always up to date (around the clock). What is going on here, and apparently, has taken place over quite some time, is the same as paying out less in wages than actually agreed.

This requires a DJI statement and it must be corrected asap.

I can only encourage others who cannot pay in USD to check if they also get too little for their DJI credits by checking out during a purchase from the shop.
2019-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 3-16 08:34
What I thought ... exactly the same picture..!

As an owner of an online shop that uses online payment, you have a responsibility that it is always up to date (around the clock). What is going on here, and apparently, has taken place over quite some time, is the same as paying out less in wages than actually agreed.

I agree - exchange rates should be checked and updated daily or at least weekly. I have worked out that I've lost nearly £70 in inaccurate exchange rates on here since using the forum!  
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

FACTS:

Thanks for getting back with us and my apologies for the late response. Your query has been formally forwarded to our related team and I will update you as soon as I hear from them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience it caused and we thank you for your patience.
2019-3-16
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

FACTS:

Yup that is unfair
Agree with you
2019-3-16
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

100% agree this needs to be addressed by DJI as an urgent matter.  
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

M2Wair Posted at 3-17 05:42
100% agree this needs to be addressed by DJI as an urgent matter.

Hi M2Wair, sorry for the inconvenience. We are still clarifying  this  concern and I will give you an update about this. Kindly wait for the feedback, thanks!
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

maddox Posted at 3-16 18:24
Yup that is unfair
Agree with you

Hi Maddox, sorry for all the trouble. I'm still waiting for the feedback. Appreciate your patience, thanks!
2019-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

A CW Posted at 3-16 08:37
I agree - exchange rates should be checked and updated daily or at least weekly. I have worked out that I've lost nearly £70 in inaccurate exchange rates on here since using the forum!

Hi A CW,  thanks for your continued support and my apologies for the inconvenience. Please wait for the feedback, thank you.
2019-3-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 15:01
Hi A CW,  thanks for your continued support and my apologies for the inconvenience. Please wait for the feedback, thank you.

Thanks Paladin
2019-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I very much agree with the OP and have been wondering why this exchange rate is fixed also.
And it is rather negative to have this here in the EUR region.
We 'only' get € 21,- or so, instead of $30,-
Where the prices in € are even higher than in the $ store.

2019-3-18
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 14:54
Hi Maddox, sorry for all the trouble. I'm still waiting for the feedback. Appreciate your patience, thanks!

Thanks Paladin
2019-3-18
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 14:44
Hi M2Wair, sorry for the inconvenience. We are still clarifying  this  concern and I will give you an update about this. Kindly wait for the feedback, thanks!

Thank you Paladin
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

M2Wair Posted at 3-18 05:12
Thank you Paladin

You're welcome and thanks for your understanding.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You're welcome A CW.
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

No worries, glad to assist!
2019-3-18
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

It feels like the European Customers are not as important compared to persons paying with US$ it seems.
Strange since the exchange rate should be compared "similar" somehow. This can't be that hard 2019.

There is the second case where Europe is not fairly treated since there was a possibillity to extend the DJI Care refresh or what ewer the name was, that was only possible in the States for some reason.
2019-3-18
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Flybee Posted at 3-18 13:03
It feels like the European Customers are not as important compared to persons paying with US$ it seems.
Strange since the exchange rate should be compared "similar" somehow. This can't be that hard 2019.

"It feels like the European Customers are not as important compared to persons paying with US$"

I'm pretty sure we are at least as important as everyone else, so the difference must be due to a number of extremely unfortunate calculation errors. It will probably be corrected soon - I hope.

As I wrote in 8# they could easely make this fair to all buyers by making them all pay in US $.
2019-3-18
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 14:50
Thanks for getting back with us and my apologies for the late response. Your query has been formally forwarded to our related team and I will update you as soon as I hear from them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience it caused and we thank you for your patience.

It takes longer than expected with the feedback (or not, actually). How hard it can be to get it sorted out and then come back here with some kind of explanation or more excuses..? It's bad service DJI... bad service.

The entire staff of official DJI supporters would come up with unmanageable overtime if they had to answer all the questions from desperate forum users. I guess that's why DJI gives forum points to users who actually try to help those people and do something good for this forum. But unfortunately, the problem is that Europeans do not get what we have been promised - that's how it is.
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,
The issue has been forwarded to the designated team, but it may take some time to handle the system as this involves many changes.
If you have any questions, please kindly write to djifansforumadmin@dji.com for better assistance. Hope for your understanding.
2019-3-27
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 3-27 23:29
Hi All,
The issue has been forwarded to the designated team, but it may take some time to handle the system as this involves many changes.
If you have any questions, please kindly write to  for better assistance. Hope for your understanding.

Isn't it time for a DJI update of this thread?

For the right person, it should take no more than a few hours to get the conversion error corrected. I don't understand it can take this long. Since DJI now also has chosen that my thread (this one) no longer will move to the top of the category when a new post is writen in it, I can only believe it is an attempt to kill it.

If nothing is going to change regarding this issue - then clearly state it so we know where we stand instead of this secret cowardice.
2019-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have questioned this whole thing for a number of years now, with no satisfactory answers, 18 months or so ago dji made an attempt to bring euro prices into line, but the effort was minimal and miserable.

Example : 2 years ago Mavic Pro. €1100 , $1000, and this was right through the range of products where Europeans paid almost 10% higher price than their counterparts in the US, but because euro was valued at 10 to 15% more than the dollar it should have been the other way around, then 18months ago they changed this to parity which was of some help, their argument was in Europe taxes were charged at higher rate, but this was not the case, and dji tried to fudge this.

There are also other serious anomaly’s which penalize Europeans , to mention one, in your case purchasing battery at €90/€99 Euro , you are also faced with minimum postage of €22 on top of this, in the US postage on the same battery is free, this is blatant highway robbery price fixing or what ever you want to call it.

I’m glad you highlited this, I have in the past tried to highlight these anomaly’s to no avail, so I hope your thread is supported with great vigor.
2019-4-14
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 3-27 23:29
Hi All,
If you have any questions, please kindly write to  for better assistance. Hope for your understanding.

Any update? Have you guys change the system?
It have been more than 2 week, and there is still no update

Just trying to help other forum users, so that they get the same amount of credits after currency exchange
2019-4-14
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

maddox Posted at 4-14 06:38

Thanks for your support maddox, it's very kind of you.
I was wondering why nothing happened regarding this issue and also why only a few of us is commenting in this thread.

It seems to me that they (DJI) really are trying to avoid any traffic here. We all know when new posts are added in a thread, normally it moves to the top in the respective category. But this one is glued to the bottom at the last page (7 at the moment) in ''More... Accessories > General'' - we can only guess why..!
2019-4-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far no news I guess?
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyDK Posted at 4-13 13:18
Isn't it time for a DJI update of this thread?

For the right person, it should take no more than a few hours to get the conversion error corrected. I don't understand it can take this long. Since DJI now also has chosen that my thread (this one) no longer will move to the top of the category when a new post is writen in it, I can only believe it is an attempt to kill it.

Hi FlyDK, please kindly refer to 29# and write to djifansforumadmin@dji.com for better assistance, thank you!
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

maddox Posted at 4-14 06:38

Hi maddox, thanks for heading up. Please kindly refer to 29# and write to djifansforumadmin@dji.com for better assistance, thank you!
2019-4-14
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 4-14 23:27
Hi FlyDK, please kindly refer to 29# and write to  for better assistance, thank you!

Ha... I was right in my observation. This thread must not be too visible in the forum.

I don't want to have a "secret" conversation with DJI via email. It is also foolish to have to respond to emails from many dissatisfied forum users when it can be done easily in this thread.

Now DJI has had the chance to rectify the problem, which I and others have clearly described here, but apparently do not want to do anything about.

Read what Hallmark has written - he clearly describes how it has been through time and that it still is.

Europeans who buy goods in the DJI shop will continue to be cheated. I just checked the conditions and absolutely nothing has changed.

You know what DJI... you can keep my forum points and your products. As many others I have supported your forum and your products for more than a year, but it ends here. If the mentioned issue is not fixed in the very near future, this thread will be the last one from me and I will not buy a single tiny DJI product in the future.
2019-4-15
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

FlyDK Posted at 4-15 01:32
Ha... I was right in my observation. This thread must not be too visible in the forum.

I don't want to have a "secret" conversation with DJI via email. It is also foolish to have to respond to emails from many dissatisfied forum users when it can be done easily in this thread.

Sadly I fear it will fall on deaf ears as DJI are unlikely to do anything about our issues or so it seems.
Another disgruntled customer here too.
2019-4-15
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 14:50

My last drop of patience has evaporated and my elasticity of forgiveness cannot be stretched any more. Will the thoroughly explained problem be solved, or will it not?

Yes, yes - I know ... "please kindly write to djifansforumadmin@dji.com for better assistance", and so on.

But no - it's not going to happen DJI. I'd rather be fooled with all the others, right here in this thread.
2019-4-19
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Denmark

Several forum users participating in this thread was promised a response when news became available.
Now, almost 4 months later, - still nothing.!? At least I have not seen anything at all.
I assume it must be REALLY difficult to correct.

I can answer you guys on behalf of DJI (without their consent) - because I know the answer. Nothing else has happened except that this thread has been hidden from forum users other than the participants, and even they can only find it by searching among their personal posts (well, maybe not even then).

In other words; DJI knows the issue is a bad thing, but they don't want it changed and they don't want people to know about it... they saves LOTS of money by cheating the Europeans for about a fifth of their earned points real value.
2019-6-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules