Once activated cannot be returned / resold?
3292 8 2019-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

Is that true?

I am just finding now, AFTER activating it on my phone, that I can't return it to DJI distributor I purchased it from and it's permanently tied to my phone somehow, so does that mean I can't even resell it either?

I want to return this and get GoPro Hero 7 instead, as that thing is water and weather proof from the get go, without needing a separate case (that's not even on the market yet and probably won't be for another 4-6 months, the way your product team is pushing these things out).
2019-2-20
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

What company allows you to return a product because it doesn't do what it's not advertised to do?
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. Unfortunately, our re-sellers have their own after-safe policies. Here in DJI, our customers have 14 (US) and 7 (Canada and other countries) days to return or refund their products even if it's activated, however, there will be certain conditions that you need to meet for us to process a return and refund. To know more about after-sales policy, please see the link below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your information is wrong you can do what you want with it, but first you need to discuss with your vendor,
Activating it makes no difference to OP, if you sell it on that person just needs to open dji account and away he goes, so whoever told you it’s assigned to your phone only is a fool, think about what if you bought a new phone tomorrow.

Your excuse for exchanging is a bit lame though.
2019-2-20
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2-20 16:24
Your information is wrong you can do what you want with it, but first you need to discuss with your vendor,
Activating it makes no difference to OP, if you sell it on that person just needs to open dji account and away he goes, so whoever told you it’s assigned to your phone only is a fool, think about what if you bought a new phone tomorrow.

My excuse for exchanging is lame?

Umm, that's not an excuse, it's just one of many reasons that I'm now finding out after having played with it for a few weeks...

Here are 20+ more, that someone who owns both Osmo and GoPro Hero 7 compiled:

https://momofilmfest.com/dji-osmo-pocket-why-this-redditer-hates-it/

I don't agree with a lot of those nor do I care about some of his points, but the guy makes some really good points too, that I can't help but agree on.

Quite a narrow field of vision on that camera, compared to Hero 7 that captures twice as big/wide of a frame.

Most of the accessories are still not available and apparently the most anticipated one, the waterproof housing, limits the field of vision on the camera even further or something?

And that bottom USB-C jack that only allows one accessory to be attached to it at a time, and no external mic option? Ugh... gotta get a separate audio recorder now for decent sound, like ZOOM recorders or something, so there goes another $200-300 + additional thing I gotta carry...

I am just finding that the device, as cool as it looks, has a long way to go before a lot of us can be satisfied with it.... and it was a terrible launch by DJI, having no accessories for it available for months after launching it, and those accessories providing some much needed functionality. As it is, it's a digital gremlin, in a way - I can't let a single drop of water touch it or else it will turn bad...
2019-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Serb Posted at 2-20 17:22
My excuse for exchanging is lame?

Umm, that's not an excuse, it's just one of many reasons that I'm now finding out after having played with it for a few weeks...

You see that’s what I mean by lame, changing your mind when the horse has already bolted for the door, is a bit lame.
More research would have told you most of what your not happy with, also using for a few weeks and looking for your money returned is also lame you should have checked return policy if you were not happy, with dji I know it’s 14 days with Apple 30 days etc, this is a pretty simple unit, you should have known it wasn’t suitable within a couple of days.
So your predicament is you will now have to sell privately not to bad .
2019-2-20
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2-20 17:32
You see that’s what I mean by lame, changing your mind when the horse has already bolted for the door, is a bit lame.
More research would have told you most of what your not happy with, also using for a few weeks and looking for your money returned is also lame you should have checked return policy if you were not happy, with dji I know it’s 14 days with Apple 30 days etc, this is a pretty simple unit, you should have known it wasn’t suitable within a couple of days.
So your predicament is you will now have to sell privately not to bad .

I am looking to return it OR resell it, so I'm not complaining that I missed some sort of a policy or anything... simply asking what the actual return policy is, as I was told by DJI official reseller where I got it from that once it's activated and linked to my phone they cannot accept it for refund, even if it's done the same day, for whatever reason that may be...

So I wanted to know what the reselling options are, and if someone buys it from me can they then easily activate it on their phone (as you obviously can't use the damn thing without an actual phone, again, for whatever brilliant reason DJI thought that one up), or will they be left hanging and unable to activate it and therefore use it, because it's "locked" to my phone.

And you can call it lame or whatever, it's still a valid reason for returning/reselling it as far as I am concerned - I am not happy with it, with the "we have no word when the accessories are going to be available" template response from the support for the past few months (what, you guys couldn't have planned this a few months earlier and had accessories lined up in parallel with the product itself, to make it a much more successful launch and cash in on plenty of us who would've bought into them no questions asked... ugh, amateur hour).

I guess every time you returned something you didn't like to a store the sales clerk could've looked you in the face and said "Lame" when asked for a reason why you're returning it.
2019-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Serb Posted at 2-20 19:30
I am looking to return it OR resell it, so I'm not complaining that I missed some sort of a policy or anything... simply asking what the actual return policy is, as I was told by DJI official reseller where I got it from that once it's activated and linked to my phone they cannot accept it for refund, even if it's done the same day, for whatever reason that may be...

So I wanted to know what the reselling options are, and if someone buys it from me can they then easily activate it on their phone (as you obviously can't use the damn thing without an actual phone, again, for whatever brilliant reason DJI thought that one up), or will they be left hanging and unable to activate it and therefore use it, because it's "locked" to my phone.

Well I think when you purchase a bottle of wine at a restaurant provided there is nothing wrong with it, it’s yours.
I think there are two accessories missing waterproof cage and Osmo Case, you would have known these were not available as of yet. If you also read your warranty you would have easily seen no mention of what your reseller told you, the mere fact that he I’ll advised you tells me he doesn’t really care about you once he has your money, but if you purchased from dji you were entitled to return after 14 days, I’m certain when go pro first entered the market that accessories came post release and most from third parties, no different than OP.
2019-2-21
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

And you blame El Diabolico for the tit for tat ?
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules