Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Z-Axis stabilizer for Osmo Pocket
7276 15 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

There is a purpose built solution coming for the Osmo Pocket.  This guy is taking preorders for a purpose built Osmo Pocket Z-Axis stablizer and aims to ship mid March.  Reviews are coming soon from the usual Youtube sources.  It is Aussie engineered and manufactured.  So if your Aussie, support this guy please.  Something actually engineered and manufactured in our own country.  I recently ordered another device off him and he knows his stuff and communicates personally from his FB page.   Price is in US as he ships mostly overseas but it's cheap as chips for the quality he puts out.

https://scottymakesstuff.com/col ... th-axis-with-handle

https://scottymakesstuff.com/col ... ro-4th-axis-in-case
2019-2-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s very impressive, hopefully it’s worth his while, nothing like decent innovation . Let us know how it’s working for you.
2019-2-21
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

If DJI add a 4:3 ratio to 4k recording then it would be possible for us to take advantage of the extra vertical space for Z stablizing in Premire or any other video editing app which has post image stablizing and when convert to 16:9 4k it would look like using a physical stablizer, would it?
2019-2-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Cool h Posted at 2-21 07:09
If DJI add a 4:3 ratio to 4k recording then it would be possible for us to take advantage of the extra vertical space for Z stablizing in Premire or any other video editing app which has post image stablizing and when convert to 16:9 4k it would look like using a physical stablizer, would it?

Not really.
The problem is not like trying to fix the other axis shift. This is more of a 3D problem that has to be fixed when shooting and not in post-production.
2019-2-21
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looked at the whole line of stuff he's 'designed' and produces.  A true success testament of "have 3D printer, will produce"  Hope he gets around around to producing the product with an actual injection mold process.  I would think it allows a more robust choice of materials.  Nice to see, regardless.
2019-2-21
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Very interesting indeed! Keeping my eyes on this for sure. Thanks for the tip.
2019-2-21
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is already one available, it's made for the Osmo Mobile 2 but it can hold the OP just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Gimbal-St ... 7QVYV3K703WDKHAXK53

Or watch this video. Although it's in Japanese and I don't understand a single world but it's show how to eliminate most of the Z axis bump just using a mini tripod mount. Skip to the 6:45 mark for acual test footages using varies filming methods.

2019-2-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

2019-2-21
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

I ordered Scotty's z axis stabilizer.  
2019-2-21
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

why?  cause Scotty makes stuff!
2019-2-21
Use props
John Baxter
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 2-21 15:03
I ordered Scotty's z axis stabilizer.

He does dispatch to UK
2019-2-21
Use props
keyboardpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

I like the idea with the case. But seems easy scratch the lens.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mr Sepo. Thank you for sharing this link with us and thank you for your support.
2019-2-23
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127543 ft
Russia

Someone not from Australia ordered from it a stabilizer for OSMO? I thought that he sends to Russia, chose standard delivery, paid for the goods, and I received letters of the following content. So I had never experienced and was, frankly, shocked by the reading.  Pay-pal did not comment on this.
Screenshot_20190427-202122__01__01.jpg
Screenshot_20190429-210027__01__01.jpg
2019-4-29
Use props
Romario1972
lvl.1

Russia

Ryujin Posted at 4-29 10:07
Someone not from Australia ordered from it a stabilizer for OSMO? I thought that he sends to Russia, chose standard delivery, paid for the goods, and I received letters of the following content. So I had never experienced and was, frankly, shocked by the reading.  Pay-pal did not comment on this.

That's because you are Russian. They think that you highly likely inject "novichok" into electronic transaction.
so, use aliexpress.
2019-10-22
Use props
Ryujin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 127543 ft
Russia

You're so late with your comment. I've been using the product for a long time.
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules