5303 7 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mischek
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, everyone,
I haven't found anything on this topic, so I started a new thread. Working in event videography, I find it quite annoying that Ronin-S always makes a ping-sound when switching it on. With a Sony A7III and 25-105 lens, I have to re-balance the camera every time I change the zoom from wide to tele (heavy lens). I can only do that when the Ronin-S is switched off, right? The ping-noise is quite embarrassing when you work at a conference, attendees find it annoying.
Any chance to switch off that sound? Or maybe a workaround to re-balance the camera while the gimbal is still in operating mode? Thanks so much!
2019-2-21
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

You can doubletap the power button yo pause the motors. Doubletap again to activate motors.
2019-2-21
Use props
RJohn
lvl.4
United States

+1 what StianGel said. Also, a lot of people zoom half way and then balance their camera. They say the motors are strong enough to handle when you zoom in.
2019-2-21
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Totally agree with the 'startup-sound' not being very exciting at all, compared to what I am used to with the Mavic, this isn't boasting with creativity!
2019-2-22
Use props
Toadovision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This is a regular request.
We all know it can be done and shouldn't present  problem to the programmers
So DJI can we please switch off the chime?
2019-2-24
Use props
Mischek
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

StianGel Posted at 2-21 14:24
You can doubletap the power button yo pause the motors. Doubletap again to activate motors.

Thanks so much, this is the best option!
2019-2-26
Use props
Mischek
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

RJohn Posted at 2-21 16:11
+1 what StianGel said. Also, a lot of people zoom half way and then balance their camera. They say the motors are strong enough to handle when you zoom in.

Thanks for your advice. I tried that, but it doesn't really work for me, because the Gimbal will go crazy when you go from normal to torchlight mode, for instance. Pausing the motors is the better option, in my view.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we much appreciate your suggestion and it will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development, currently, you may refer to StianGel's suggestion to pause the gimbal temporarily and then enable it.
2019-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules