Newbie with MPP - Tablet
1393 14 2019-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I had some short flights with a Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx that went good, and the phone did NOT take any electricity from the Flight Controller, but I wanted something with a larger svreen and after reading many posts decided on the Apple iPad Mini-4 with the 7.9 screen.  Took me a while to get the dji GO 4 software to the Mini-4 and installed.  Took everything out in the backyard to give it a test - IT WORKS!  Everything worked so fine, not one hitch.  Have not tested it using the camera yet though.  Just thought others would like to know the particulars that worked for me.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your story here. The Apple iPad Mini 4 should work properly with DJI GO 4 app and the Mavic Pro as this device has been tested by our engineers and included to the recommended device. You may refer to the image below for compatible device on our Mavic Pro. Please let us know if you have other concern.

2019-2-21
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134052 ft
United States

Thanks, was considering a larger screen as well! Glad that worked out for you and I'll definitely look into it!
2019-2-21
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Well, the price of the Mini 4 took a serious hit on the savings, however it truly works nicely, there just will not be any other purchases in the near future
2019-2-21
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

And thank you all for the good wishes.
2019-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats, Just order the Mini 4 myself.
2019-2-21
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2-21 19:34
Congrats, Just order the Mini 4 myself.

If you got the 128GB, that is what I got.  A few warnings:  It does NOT accept the Micro simms, it has a " Nano Simm" and believe me it is small and easy to loose, I took mine out to try and put in the micro 64gb chip and almost threw the nano-simm in the trash, but set it aside instead, then when I figured out that the Micro chip would not fit, I put the Nano-Simm back in.  I would just leave it alone until you are more aware as how to use them.  Also, I had to start an Apple ID for the Apple Store, glad aI did because that was the only way for me to get a browser and use the Wi-Fi to get to the internet.  Also to turn it on press the very top right hand button and hold it for a short time, after you let go and the apple logo is there it will look like it is off, but be patient, it will come on.  IF you see a little window that says:  " Simm is locked" enter code, try "  1 2 3 4 "  If it gives you the choice of which style code you want choose the four number code till you get used to it.  I had a hard time getting knowledge for it, I had to wade most of my way through it.  Also on Celluar it is DATA - NOT  Voice.  Hope this helps you not stumble as much as I did.  Once things are going good it does work good with the dji GO 4 from the Apple Store and it's free.  Oh, when you click " GET" and it starts to download and it asks if you want to install it and you say yes, there is a small circle with a little dot in the center, it's outer circle will progress around clock-wise as it is installing.  Careful what you click in this process
2019-2-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HH1 Posted at 2-21 21:22
If you got the 128GB, that is what I got.  A few warnings:  It does NOT accept the Micro simms, it has a " Nano Simm" and believe me it is small and easy to loose, I took mine out to try and put in the micro 64gb chip and almost threw the nano-simm in the trash, but set it aside instead, then when I figured out that the Micro chip would not fit, I put the Nano-Simm back in.  I would just leave it alone until you are more aware as how to use them.  Also, I had to start an Apple ID for the Apple Store, glad aI did because that was the only way for me to get a browser and use the Wi-Fi to get to the internet.  Also to turn it on press the very top right hand button and hold it for a short time, after you let go and the apple logo is there it will look like it is off, but be patient, it will come on.  IF you see a little window that says:  " Simm is locked" enter code, try "  1 2 3 4 "  If it gives you the choice of which style code you want choose the four number code till you get used to it.  I had a hard time getting knowledge for it, I had to wade most of my way through it.  Also on Celluar it is DATA - NOT  Voice.  Hope this helps you not stumble as much as I did.  Once things are going good it does work good with the dji GO 4 from the Apple Store and it's free.  Oh, when you click " GET" and it starts to download and it asks if you want to install it and you say yes, there is a small circle with a little dot in the center, it's outer circle will progress around clock-wise as it is installing.  Careful what you click in this process

That's the one. I will keep that in mind about the Simm card

because my mini 2 doesn't have one. I only use apple devices, so

I'm all set.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HH1 Posted at 2-21 19:22
And thank you all for the good wishes.

You are most welcome. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-2-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I love my mini-4!  It is so much better than the mini-2.  The mini-2 has been retired to reading e-books.
2019-2-22
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2-21 22:03
That's the one. I will keep that in mind about the Simm card

because my mini 2 doesn't have one. I only use apple devices, so

Just remember that is a Nano Simm, it looks like a tiny square with paper on top and a golden bottom - don't loose it, from what I have read about them it has THE MAIN stuff for the tablet.  I have to find out a lot more  Hope it all sets up for you quickly, so you can enjoy soon.
2019-2-22
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2-22 18:12
I love my mini-4!  It is so much better than the mini-2.  The mini-2 has been retired to reading e-books.

I think you are one that I read the posts about it.  If you were - thank you for putting up the information - it helped.
2019-2-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HH1 Posted at 2-22 18:40
Just remember that is a Nano Simm, it looks like a tiny square with paper on top and a golden bottom - don't loose it, from what I have read about them it has THE MAIN stuff for the tablet.  I have to find out a lot more  Hope it all sets up for you quickly, so you can enjoy soon.

I haven't received it yet, but will let you know if I need help.
2019-2-22
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2-22 19:01
I haven't received it yet, but will let you know if I need help.

You probably know more than me, I am still wading through this and that.
2019-2-22
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
United States

On the new Mini 4 I got, it has the ability to receive " Cellular Data" however when I give the "Self Unlock" here at dji the number the data does not get to the Mini 4.  It will get  through to my cell phone though?  The message when I call the Mini 4 with a text message is : that party chooses not to receive messages."  I don't remember choosing anything like that?  Anyone have some thoughts?
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules