Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Surprise Upon Delivery - Refurbished P4 Advanced
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone else ever gone to FedEx to pick up their Refurbished Phantom 4 Advanced, raced home, delicately opened the still factory sealed shipping box to find this...

My Surprise

My Surprise

A $950.00 dollar styrofoam case.
I sensed something was wrong when I picked it up from FedEx. So I opened the shipping box to make sure a Phantom box was inside, and it was.
When I arrived at home to upack the rest, it became clear what was not right.
Am I the only person lucky enough to experiance this?
2019-2-21
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bummer mcwPilot; not the new stealth model is it
2019-2-21
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

sky wombat Posted at 2-21 23:39
Bummer mcwPilot; not the new stealth model is it

Perhaps I should feel down in that void just to make sure
2019-2-21
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Surprised and not. A few times I've sent Phantoms in for repair and get that same feeling when I get it back... always surprising how light that case is with the drone and no batteries or remote. Someone in a warehouse wasn't paying attention. Hopefully they can get sorted for you quickly.
2019-2-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bummer, that really sucks. Hopefully it will get sorted out.
2019-2-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Gives a whole new meaning to "air", doesn't it?  Hard to understand how this could happen.
2019-2-22
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Not all, but many couriers, parcel services and companies weigh their parcels at various stages on their journey.

It might pay to try and get some proof of this and it might help to determine if the box was empty at source or if the courier service need to let some staff go.

2019-2-22
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

KEJ Posted at 2-22 10:27
Not all, but many couriers, parcel services and companies weigh their parcels at various stages on their journey.

It might pay to try and get some proof of this and it might help to determine if the box was empty at source or if the courier service need to let some staff go.

Great point KEj... I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. DJI has been very responsive so far. I sent then images that don't show any evidence of tampering. Plus the silver tape used to police that were in tact when I signed for it. I think it was an over-sight (G rated term) at the Torrance warehouse.
2019-2-22
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mcwPilot Posted at 2-22 15:59
Great point KEj... I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. DJI has been very responsive so far. I sent then images that don't show any evidence of tampering. Plus the silver tape used to police that were in tact when I signed for it. I think it was an over-sight (G rated term) at the Torrance warehouse.

Fingers crossed.
2019-2-22
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Wow,  hopefully it was just a mistake & DJI will sort it for you pronto   
2019-2-23
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW,  just WOW hope ya get it sorted
2019-2-23
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

Michael Kemper Posted at 2-22 05:34
Surprised and not. A few times I've sent Phantoms in for repair and get that same feeling when I get it back... always surprising how light that case is with the drone and no batteries or remote. Someone in a warehouse wasn't paying attention. Hopefully they can get sorted for you quickly.

DJI did contact me 1st thing the next morning for a report, photos and packing list. Hope to hear good news next week.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. This case is being handled by our Logistic Team to further check. Kindly, wait for an update via email within 24-48 hours. Please bear with us while we handle your case accordingly. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-2-24
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-24 07:30
Hi there, I do apologize for what happened and for the whole situation. This case is being handled by our Logistic Team to further check. Kindly, wait for an update via email within 24-48 hours. Please bear with us while we handle your case accordingly. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Thank you Diana! I've been a loyal customer since early 2016 using DJI's high-end components. This was my first RTF product from you guys, and expected it to be a much less dramatic experience. I appreciate you contacting me, and look forward to it's resolution and flying.
2019-2-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Does the foam crate float?

Row row row your crate, gently across the stream... ;-‘

That’s got to be a first... that it didn’t sink I mean.

I wonder where that missing drone is sitting tonight? Grin

RedHotPoker
2019-2-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2-22 08:07
Gives a whole new meaning to "air", doesn't it?  Hard to understand how this could happen.

Hot air too. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2019-2-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow, that sucks
2019-2-27
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Jacksonai. Yeah... It really does.
Updated post to follow..
2019-2-27
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE
Thank you to all supportive comments.
DJI has been acceptably responsive. I contacted FedEx to request a detailed tracking report which only the shipper can do. I was able to find out that FedEx did weigh the package, and it closely matched DJI's declared weight. At some point, in a 3 day stretch, the weight changed from 10.1 lbs to 3.5 lbs. I hope FedEx has a system of accountability! I was also informed by DJI Customer Support, that "the assigned team has received a volume of alike issues."
Will post the next relevant update.
2019-2-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

mcwPilot Posted at 2-27 08:01
Thanks Jacksonai. Yeah... It really does.
Updated post to follow..

You're welcome mate!
BTW welcome to the forum!
Hope DJI solve your problem soon
2019-2-27
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As there is clearly a discrepancy with the weights, its a done deal, it will be a case of how long you will have to wait now :/
2019-2-27
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE
DJI's communications have fizzled out a bit. Since I have a lot of time to fester on this, I decided to investigate myself.
With close inspection of the box, I did find evidence of tampering. I initially only looked for obvious signs.

One side of the security tape had been lifted. It's definatly not consistent with the other 3 sides.

Also, my purchase included an N3 Flight Controller and an ND4 filter for the Phantom, which shipped in a separate box.
They both left DJI warehouse together on Tuesday and eventually arrived at the pick-up location together on Thursday.
But... Wednesday evening they somehow were not together.
At 7:30PM I requested a FedEx location hold at a location different than the location in possesion at that time.
At 8:00PM 1 box (N3 & Filter) was scanned and updated to hold at new location, the other box (Phantom) was not scanned and updated until 6:16AM the following day.
Where did the Phantom go?!!!
N3-and-Filter.jpg Phantom-Tracking.jpg

Hmmm.
I did file a missing item report with FedEx, but it was before I had found these details.
I hope DJI's Logistics Dept. can do this stuff too

tape-tampering2.jpg
2019-3-2
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Its the new active stealth technology cant see me model. Designed to combate all these anti drone weapons
2019-3-2
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE
DJI does not care about the customer! Perhaps they would if I paid them an additional $139.00.
It has been 3 weeks, and I still only have a $950.00 empty styrofoam case and a dozen emails telling me that they are sorry for the inconvenience and please be patient. Unfortunately actions always speak louder than words.
The word investigation has been mentioned several times, the only investigation by DJI, was to verify that they handed the correct order contents to FedEx, which they did. Beyond that, DJI merely filed a case with FedEx, letting me drag aimlessly behind. Basically allowing the party responsible for the missing item to accept liability. I'm sure FedEx is in a big hurry to do that!
DJI did not bother to take 15 minutes, ON THE CUSTOMERS BEHALF, to analyze the tracking info that clearly shows evidence of wrong doing.
There seems to be a HUGE misunderstanding by DJI in regards to the importance of customer satisfaction. Their ONLY saving grace for DJI is that they have absolutely NO competition, especially in the Phantom format.

Customer Service originally said "resolving this case could take up to 15 working days." Today is day 15!
2019-3-14
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-24 07:30

DJI Diana, please see today's update.
2019-3-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mcwPilot Posted at 3-14 08:07
DJI Diana, please see today's update.

Hi mcwPilot, sorry to know about the updates regarding your issue. Allow me to get in touch with the logistics team in rectifying this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2019-3-14
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

mcwPilot Posted at 3-14 08:05
UPDATE
DJI does not care about the customer! Perhaps they would if I paid them an additional $139.00.
It has been 3 weeks, and I still only have a $950.00 empty styrofoam case and a dozen emails telling me that they are sorry for the inconvenience and please be patient. Unfortunately actions always speak louder than words.

I can't imagine what you're going thru!! Hope you do get some resolution to this. If it was tampered with by the shipping company, they should cover your loss in my opinion. I would be furious too. Best of luck to you.
2019-3-14
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE

After 3 weeks of consistently being told that "logistics is working hard to resolve your issue," I found out something very troubling.
Quote from Customer Service rep. named Junrey.
"We have just received feedback from the headquarters and the package was shipped out with the correct product. (Which is a setup for "we are not responsible")
However, your claim has been filed with FedEx and the case is still under review."
So, I called FedEx to verify that statement. fedEx had NO record of a case or claim filed by DJI... EVER!
DJI flat out lied.
It's starting to look like:
1. A thief working for FedEx is going to get away with a crime.
2. DJI is going to let me absorb the loss.
I can't really say if this experience would have been any better if I had purchased DJI CARE. Maybe... But should that matter?
I think I may need to prepare myself for being the owner of a $950.00 dollar styrofoam case.

I've been an active loyal customer with DJI for more than 3 years purchasing flight controllers and power systems, but I just decided to try and steal a Phantom from DJI... RIGHT?!!!
2019-3-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Tough spot to be in.  How can you prove you didn't get it and how can DJI prove they shipped it.  Plus, how can FEDEX prove it wasn't stolen.
2019-3-16
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 3-16 11:48
Tough spot to be in.  How can you prove you didn't get it and how can DJI prove they shipped it.  Plus, how can FEDEX prove it wasn't stolen.

Whomever lifted it, knew what they were doing. If FedEx doesn't enforce a system of internal checks and balances between FedEx locations, pretty much anything can happen without detection. Apparently, it's up to the customer/recipient to make sure FedEx is doing their job. DJI certainly isn't taking responsibility for it. Doesn't seem right, does it?
2019-3-16
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

mcwPilot Posted at 3-16 14:39
Whomever lifted it, knew what they were doing. If FedEx doesn't enforce a system of internal checks and balances between FedEx locations, pretty much anything can happen without detection. Apparently, it's up to the customer/recipient to make sure FedEx is doing their job. DJI certainly isn't taking responsibility for it. Doesn't seem right, does it?

Seems like they should be pressing FEDEX more.  The bigger a company gets,  the less they seem to care about customers nowadays.
2019-3-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mcwPilot Posted at 3-14 08:05
UPDATE
It has been 3 weeks, and I still only have a $950.00 empty styrofoam case and a dozen emails telling me that they are sorry for the inconvenience and please be patient. Unfortunately actions always speak louder than words.

Do> Say.

Yes, actions speak volumes, where words can be hollow...

RedHotPoker
2019-3-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fingers crossed it gets sorted for you
2019-3-17
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't you sense that the box felt really really light?
2019-3-17
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

Lucas775 Posted at 3-17 19:25
Didn't you sense that the box felt really really light?

I did... But without ever handling a Phantom in the past, I had nothing to base judgement.
Hindsight is 20/20. Should have done a few things differently. My biggest fault was trusting everyone performed their job honestly.
2019-3-18
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 3-16 15:19
Seems like they should be pressing FEDEX more.  The bigger a company gets,  the less they seem to care about customers nowadays.

They didn't press Fedex at all.
2019-3-18
Use props
mcwPilot
lvl.2

United States

UPDATE

DJI has chosen to abandon my case. No pun intended.
I will have to pursue my case with Fedex. But, here's the kicker!!!
DJI did not establish a value to the package, so I can only recover $100.00 dollars plus the cost of freight. For me to pursue Fedex for $100 dollars, I need to get a hand signed shipping waiver from DJI. LOL! And, this would be reopening a case that Fedex already denied. DJI doesn't establish values to save money on shipping insurance. The experience just gets worse at every turn.

In the future, if a company tells you "we are investigating your case..."
Fedex had received a claim from me on the 24th of FEB and closed it on the 24th of FEB. Which means they don't have any system of internal responsibility for other peoples property. Fedex having closed the case was good enough for DJI, At no point did either DJI or Fedex actually investigate. They only look for liability. Since Fedex has HUGE holes in their accountability process, it appears that I am liable, for not making sure that Fedex did theirs.

Bottom line...
DJI does not care about customers. It's all about money. If it is advantageous for DJI to care, they will. If not, they won't.
Fedex does not have a system in place to assure that they are doing their job honestly. That responsibility falls on you.

Thank you for the positive support. I hope this helps others avoid an egregious injustice.
2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules