Which camera/gimbal option to choose?
3470 8 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jetfixer
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone offer insight into which camera/gimbal option to choose for the s1000+? I realize that's a broad question to ask, but after flying the Phantom 2+ for awhile, I'm getting ready to move up. Both the Canon and BMPCC seem to be very highly regarded cameras, and have many lens choices. One question I have is, does either one have remote zoom capability? Also, do the weight differences make much difference on flying time, or is it negligible? I would appreciate any feedback and opinions as to which setup would be better.
2014-11-9
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Jetfixer,

I to am ready to move up and have the same questions as yourself.  I will keep my P2 for tight quarter flights around house and trees, but I am getting a ton of interest from video companies and home owners that want high-end video and stills.

I believe that I have narrowed it down to either a GH4 or BMPC.  Every time I try to look up VS or peoples options regarding the upgrades no one ever seems to say "The best setup is...."

I guess I show help with the answer by saying I am in the market for a $7000-$10000 upgrade.  I am not looking to move into a rig for a Red Epic camera (although that would be fantastic).  I believe that I have my sights set on the S900 over the S1000 due to pricing.

2014-11-10
Use props
ebeez88
lvl.2

Canada

Hi,
I have an S1000 with a GH4 gimbal and GH4 camera. I am very pleased with both. The GH4 has great video quality, in my opinion a little better than the BMPCC. I ahve not have any issues but I have ready that the remote shutter seems to be an issue; this would likely be fixed in a f/w update TBD.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI -Technical
lvl.4

China

Beside GH4 and BMPCC gimbal, you can also choose the 5D III( HD) gimbal.
2014-11-12
Use props
jetfixer
lvl.1

United States

How about remote zoom capability?
2014-11-13
Use props
DJI-KUKU
lvl.1

China

jetfixer@bellso Posted at 2014-11-13 22:40

Dear all,
Z15-GH4 & Z15- BMPCC are both very popular among our customer group. they load weight are 690g & 487g respectively. the load weight will affect the flying time on some level.
thanks for you all messages here
2014-11-14
Use props
timotorvikoski
lvl.1

Finland

jetfixer@bellso Posted at 2014-11-13 22:40

Not possible to zoom. Each Z15 gimbal works with only one lens. For GH4/GH3 it is 12mm F2.0 Olympus lens, and for 5DMK3 it is 24mm F2.8. These are the only ones that fit into Z15 gimbal. If you want to use some other lens you have to choose another gimbal.
2014-11-14
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

timotorvikoski Posted at 2014-11-14 18:27
Not possible to zoom. Each Z15 gimbal works with only one lens. For GH4/GH3 it is 12mm F2.0 Olympu ...

I have both GH3 and GH4 gimbal + NEX7 gimbal recently sold. My GH3 gimbal takes GH3 as well as GH4 with the customer HDMI-AV converter added (currently in the market at 1/2 price)
2014-11-14
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

timotorvikoski Posted at 2014-11-14 18:27
Not possible to zoom. Each Z15 gimbal works with only one lens. For GH4/GH3 it is 12mm F2.0 Olympu ...

that's disappointing... hopefully dji can bring out a frame upgrade for the zen muse to allow use of a power zoom lens. Great for shooting at events where you want to get in a bit closer but not risk being too close to the subject (safety) or maybe someone makes a power zoom lens that would fit the Z15 frame? is that the only issue is the physical dimensions of the lens?
2014-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules