Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Unnecessary Charges
2008 24 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134052 ft
United States

Hi all,

I wanted to follow up to my previous post of DJI ripping me off in order to update the community.

I just looked at the damage pictures the uploaded and they're showing damages I know for a fact were not there before. Suddenly I'm missing landing gear on an arm and underneath -- as well as the middle and upper frame where the arms connect are magically now warped and deformed? I flew again after I crashed (aka with damaged gimbal) and it flew fine. Tried charging me for four new arms, top and bottom, and a handful of other things amounting to $390. Only the wires and outer plastic piece on the gimbal was damaged (slight crack) the arm and camera itself are fine.

Both of these crashes are almost identical to mine and they are charged under $200 or right at $200:

Mine wasn't even CLOSE to as bad as the second video. Don't even think I had any cracks in the frame at all. This guys drone is destroyed and somehow still $100's less than my repair.

After a very firm back and forth with chat support, they are looking at my drone again.

***Will update as a new invoice is expected today!

2019-2-22
Use props
BigAbe
lvl.2
Netherlands

curious about the final decision of DJI, can it be that costs were less because of the DJI care on some pieces?
2019-2-22
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

BigAbe Posted at 2-22 09:46
curious about the final decision of DJI, can it be that costs were less because of the DJI care on some pieces?

I will certainly update you -- and I do not believe after watching the videos that either had DJI Refresh, either do I. I've only had my drone for approx. 4 months now.
2019-2-22
Use props
BigAbe
lvl.2
Netherlands

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-22 09:56
I will certainly update you -- and I do not believe after watching the videos that either had DJI Refresh, either do I. I've only had my drone for approx. 4 months now.

curious about the outcome!
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there DroneSchmoe, sorry to read the issues concerning with your Mavic Pro's repair. I have replied to your previous post here . Kindly wait for the results of the invoice dispute we requested. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2019-2-22
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

I've never known DJI to boost up their repair invoice, I do have care refresh and I've been treated fairly always, When I did crash it I accepted my mistakes and took my pill, hard lessons are always hard to take, but they do make you a more cautious flyer.
2019-2-22
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you sure they haven’t mixed your drone up with someone else’s that is in a worse state of repair?
2019-2-22
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2-22 10:43
Are you sure they haven’t mixed your drone up with someone else’s that is in a worse state of repair?

I guess that is always a possibility, I'm sure that will be check upon reevaluation
2019-2-22
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

BigAbe Posted at 2-22 09:58
curious about the outcome!

They emailed me back saying the price is final. I have requested to speak to a manager and/or supervisor. I am not paying $350 for this. Absolutely absurd of DJI. What a rip off.
2019-2-22
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-22 10:18
Hi there DroneSchmoe, sorry to read the issues concerning with your Mavic Pro's repair. I have replied to your previous post here . Kindly wait for the results of the invoice dispute we requested. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.

They emailed me back saying the price is final. I have requested to speak to a manager and/or supervisor. I am not paying $350 for this. Absolutely absurd of DJI. What a rip off. You're trying to tell me the people in the video smash their drone to pieces and pay $170 and I pay $400? I don't think so. What a joke of a company DJI is. I will not be referring anyone to you guys
2019-2-22
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-22 10:18

I know for a fact I was not missing landing gear on the arms and that there was no damage where the arms connect to the body as shown in the picture. Is it possible they got my drone mixed up with someone else?
2019-2-22
Use props
BigAbe
lvl.2
Netherlands

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-22 17:01
They emailed me back saying the price is final. I have requested to speak to a manager and/or supervisor. I am not paying $350 for this. Absolutely absurd of DJI. What a rip off.

sad to hear about this, what is your next step? Repairing the drone yourself?
2019-2-23
Use props
BigAbe
lvl.2
Netherlands

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-22 17:01

sad to hear about this, what is your next step? Repairing the drone yourself?
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-22 17:10
I know for a fact I was not missing landing gear on the arms and that there was no damage where the arms connect to the body as shown in the picture. Is it possible they got my drone mixed up with someone else?

Hi there, sorry for the late response. This case has been forwarded to one of our supervisors to further check. They will review your case and contact you during working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2019-2-24
Use props
PSDTrainer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32904 ft
United States

Do you have "before" photos of your drone, before you sent it in? Documenting the repairs needed vs the repairs DJI says you need? I may have missed it, but do you have DJI Care? (You said your drone is only 4 months old). I've had mine for a little over 2 1/2 years, never having any crashes or issues, but I buy the DJI Care each year.
2019-2-24
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

PSDTrainer Posted at 2-24 09:02
Do you have "before" photos of your drone, before you sent it in? Documenting the repairs needed vs the repairs DJI says you need? I may have missed it, but do you have DJI Care? (You said your drone is only 4 months old). I've had mine for a little over 2 1/2 years, never having any crashes or issues, but I buy the DJI Care each year.

I wasn’t smart enough to take pictures. It’s really their word against mine and in this situation I’m the small fish. Though I know for fact some of the damages were not there (such as missing landing gear in one of the arms - that’s not something I would not notice either)

Unfortunately I do not have DJI Care.
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-22 11:14
I guess that is always a possibility, I'm sure that will be check upon reevaluation

After reading where DJI was insisting a guy had a Mavic Pro, when he had sent in a Mavic Air for repair; it sure is a possibility that DJI got your drone confused with someone else drone.

Not even sure how you protect against such confusion, other than taking pictures of drone before sending it in for repair.  Perhaps covering drone with ID stickers?
2019-2-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-22 17:10
I know for a fact I was not missing landing gear on the arms and that there was no damage where the arms connect to the body as shown in the picture. Is it possible they got my drone mixed up with someone else?

Yes!
2019-2-24
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-24 10:31
After reading where DJI was insisting a guy had a Mavic Pro, when he had sent in a Mavic Air for repair; it sure is a possibility that DJI got your drone confused with someone else drone.

Not even sure how you protect against such confusion, other than taking pictures of drone before sending it in for repair.  Perhaps covering drone with ID stickers?

DJI RESPONSE:
"Thank you for contacting DJI. My name is Arnold, Aubrey's manager. Im really sorry for the inconvenience and I can attest to you that this is the same drone that you sent us with the same serial number below:

About the sample videos you've sent, please understand that they didnt have their Gimbal Camera ($101) and Gimbal arm ($59) replaced so there really is a notable price difference from the videos and from your current quotation. As for the missing landing gear and the arms being deformed, like I said, this is the current state of your drone when we received it. We can try to re-evaluate if you can provide photos of your drone just before you sent it so as to know if this additional damage is the courier's fault.

Please also understand that our repair facility follows a strict quality assurance protocol and they want to make sure that all possible damages are repaired and fixed once the drone got shipped out of the repair center as if it was almost new. But, if you insist to, I can try to remove some of the parts that is purely cosmetic damage but if the repair center says that the damage would affect the drone's overall performance, then we really need to have that part fixed or replaced. If you have other questions please do let me know."

2019-2-24
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

So my serial was confirmed. So I'm back to my original problem. Being charged for things that still work. All I need is the gimbal to be reattached. I'm paying for a repair, not a replacement. That's the whole point of sending the drone in and is what they advertise.

I have uploaded that damage the sent me. As you can see, camera lens fine, gimbal arm is fine (except only outer plastic covering) --- I feel I should only be charged for the ribbon, video feed cable, and stabilizer plates and attachment...... Also, a small scratch next to ultrasonic sensors is "mandatory to ensure drone performance?" Funny.....

You can also see I only fell about 7 ft in the before and after flight pic. I've included parts as well

https://imgur.com/a/OfZnu6i
2019-2-24
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2-22 10:31
I've never known DJI to boost up their repair invoice, I do have care refresh and I've been treated fairly always, When I did crash it I accepted my mistakes and took my pill, hard lessons are always hard to take, but they do make you a more cautious flyer.

I agree 100%. I'm not denying that it crashed and took damage. I am just looking for a justifiable pricing.

2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-24 10:54
I agree 100%. I'm not denying that it crashed and took damage. I am just looking for a justifiable pricing.

being honest with you, all dji repairs will be carried out so as you will have your drone back as new or equivalent to new, I think the problem here may be that in order to achieve this they have to replace all that has marks or blemishes on the surfaces.
yes I know if you had ribbon cable you may well be able to fix it, but they won't because they feel they cannot guarantee that aircraft is in perfect condition and warranty will be safe on it.
as someone who has repaired watches for over 30 years we adopt the same principle if anything looks faulty or it might be faulty soon we have to repair all or none.
you will almost certainly receive refurbished model or new, it may be a cheaper option to have them return and try repairing yourself or get someone else to repair it, its a pity but you may be able to see where there coming from .
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-24 10:54

being honest with you, all dji repairs will be carried out so as you will have your drone back as new or equivalent to new, I think the problem here may be that in order to achieve this they have to replace all that has marks or blemishes on the surfaces.
yes I know if you had ribbon cable you may well be able to fix it, but they won't because they feel they cannot guarantee that aircraft is in perfect condition and warranty will be safe on it.
as someone who has repaired watches for over 30 years we adopt the same principle if anything looks faulty or it might be faulty soon we have to repair all or none.
you will almost certainly receive refurbished model or new, it may be a cheaper option to have them return and try repairing yourself or get someone else to repair it, its a pity but you may be able to see where there coming from .
2019-2-24
Use props
DroneSchmoe
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 11:14
being honest with you, all dji repairs will be carried out so as you will have your drone back as new or equivalent to new, I think the problem here may be that in order to achieve this they have to replace all that has marks or blemishes on the surfaces.
yes I know if you had ribbon cable you may well be able to fix it, but they won't because they feel they cannot guarantee that aircraft is in perfect condition and warranty will be safe on it.

Right,

They advertise repairs, if I wanted a refurbished I'd go to ebay. They should only charge me for what's necessary and obviously the reason I sent it in.
2019-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneSchmoe Posted at 2-24 11:22
Right,

They advertise repairs, if I wanted a refurbished I'd go to ebay. They should only charge me for what's necessary and obviously the reason I sent it in.

I agree that they could be more realistic about it, but if there repair policy is that craft has to be up to a certain standard before they can stand over the repair.

I’m not to sure if it’s a difficult process for you to repair yourself or get someone to repair what you think might be necessary to operate safely, but I’m sure they will ship back to you free of charge .

It’s a bummer I know, but what can you do .
2019-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules