Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Voting: Who wants shorter intervals for time lapse? 0,5 and 1 second
15447 15447 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

In the last weeks during a longer trip - Dubai, Singapore, Auckland, Sydney - I had enough opportunity to test the Pocket.

For many shots, 0.5 seconds and 1 Second would be required.

Here are some Time Lapse Recordings:

The shots of the car drive in Singapore from the airport to the Marina Bay Sands

I made in this video at various speeds (interval 0.5, 1, 2 and 3 seconds.

I think 0,5 seconds are the maximum for the video.

From our hotel you could very well watch the launches of the planes.

I thought that would be nice time lapse with the DJI Pocket. But when I looked at the pictures I could not recognize an airplane.  

3 seconds are too long here, 0.5 seconds would be better.

Road traffic filmed from the hotel room.

Even with these recordings interval of 0.5 seconds would be nicer.

Boat traffic in the harbor of Auckland

Time Lapse - Cape Town with 1 second interval

Please DJI developer give the pocket shorter intervals - 0.5 and 1 second.

2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s hard to say one is better than the other, there all pretty impressive and all can be used for different specific’s, so yes if it’s possible it would be a nice added benefit and good to have the choice.
Good job thanks for posting .
2019-2-22
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 14:15
It’s hard to say one is better than the other, there all pretty impressive and all can be used for different specific’s, so yes if it’s possible it would be a nice added benefit and good to have the choice.
Good job thanks for posting .

Yes I agree. By supplementing the intervals with 0.5 and 1 second would be there in my opinion even more uses and a substantial appreciation of the Pocket.

In this case it isn‘t possible with 3 second.
Here I use the YI4K Plus with 0,5 second.

2019-2-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Udo13 Posted at 2-22 14:26
Yes I agree. By supplementing the intervals with 0.5 and 1 second would be there in my opinion even more uses and a substantial appreciation of the Pocket.

In this case it isn‘t possible with 3 second.

It’s true, hopefully the powers that be are listening, usually if it’s not to difficult or doesn’t cost much dji would try to implement .
2019-2-22
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-22 14:38
It’s true, hopefully the powers that be are listening, usually if it’s not to difficult or doesn’t cost much dji would try to implement .

I believe that it is really only a small matter to add  these 2 values.
2019-2-22
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Too many timelapse recordings are not necessary in vacation movies.
If you need 0.5 or 1 sec you can do that for the 0.2% in the movie with
postprocessing ... do not  bore  friends and guests. 3 sec are okay.
2019-2-22
Use props
NorthTXAerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865433 ft
United States

It definitely needs shorter interval options.
2019-2-22
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Things like snow falling work well with longer intervals like 5 seconds.  Car traffic and other events many times do better with much shorter intervals.
2019-2-22
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Count me in also. I have been saying the same thing since the beginning. Especially given that there are no ND filters between 6 to 10 stops at the moment, 3 seconds interval (for 4K) is pretty hard to use...
2019-2-22
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

+1

I’ve done a few traffic motion lapses, a tighter/smoother time lapse would be great.
2019-2-22
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

Agreed. Add me to the list of people asking for this feature in future firmwares.
2019-2-23
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Thanks for your messages.
So far we are 6 who want shorter intervals
2019-2-23
Use props
John Baxter
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I would like shorter intervals too.  3 secs is too fast for some of my results.  0.5 and 1.0 sec would be very useful.
2019-2-23
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It's possible that shortening the time period may lead to noisier footage if the ISO value has to be increased for nighttime shots but other than that I think at least one-second intervals to be useful. I don't object to the thought of .05 seconds either if you could say, walk with it.
2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Udo13. Thank you for sharing this beautiful videos for your trip in Dubai, Singapore, Auckland, and Sydney. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-23
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 07:49
Hello and good day Udo13. Thank you for sharing this beautiful videos for your trip in Dubai, Singapore, Auckland, and Sydney. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.

Thanks, I would be happy!
2019-2-24
Use props
HAYHOT
lvl.3
Vietnam

In some cases, shorter is better than normal. Ex: in coffee shop or restaurant, or shopping mall. Add more feature, add more happiness
2019-2-24
Use props
1967geezer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes, please implement shorter intervals.
2019-2-24
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

+1 from me, 1s and 0.5s would be perfect for me.  I often use those intervals on GoPro cameras for timelapse.
2019-2-24
Use props
mikevman
lvl.2
United States

it's always nice to have more settings, but shorter intervals need more light, for us who shoot low light and night scenes 0.5 sec. would be about as low you could go, don't want to start getting that noise.
2019-2-24
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Yeah! Gonna love it more when Osmo Pocket is able to do that!
Having shorter intervals gonna help a lot
2019-2-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

So far we are 13 who want shorter intervals
2019-2-24
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

I'd like shorter intervals as well. The time lapse/motion lapse feature was one of the biggest reasons that I got the OP.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Udo13 Posted at 2-24 01:01
Thanks, I would be happy!

You are very much welcome Udo13. If you have any other inquiries or suggestions in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help you and support you.
2019-2-24
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want shortter intervals! Should be AT LEAST 0.5s... if not shorter.
2019-2-24
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

+1 for shorter intervals. The current shortest interval (i.e. 2 sec) is pretty much useless IMO. We definitely need 0.5 and 1 seconds intervals!
2019-2-24
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Now we are 15 who want shorter intervals
2019-2-25
Use props
Serb
lvl.2

Brazil

Udo13 Posted at 2-25 00:28
Now we are 15 who want shorter intervals

And that's only 15 users who are actually registered on this forum and have randomly checked out this thread... imagine the hundreds out there who would love to see this feature but will never even register on this forum.
2019-2-25
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Not only shorted intervals, but shorter intervals with images.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that processing individual images, at shorter intervals, might give the tiny processor a headache!
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404587 ft
United Kingdom

I'm actually quite annoyed that this device doesn't have shorter intervals
2019-2-25
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 2-25 15:24
Not only shorted intervals, but shorter intervals with images.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that processing individual images, at shorter intervals, might give the tiny processor a headache!

I can not imagine that this will be a problem for the processor.
Because with 4k 60p even 60 pictures per second are saved
2019-2-26
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_mRziYpfX4Tqu Posted at 2-25 16:28
I'm actually quite annoyed that this device doesn't have shorter intervals

I can only agree. Now have here in this thread already about 20 users to speak. But surely it is a very high proportion of all pocket users who want shorter intervals.

Maybe the shorter intervals are already  in the next FW update
2019-2-26
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Udo13 Posted at 2-26 02:44
I can not imagine that this will be a problem for the processor.
Because with 4k 60p even 60 pictures per second are saved

Correct me if I am wrong. But, I believe that processing the video, and saving the individual images, are different processes. And, in the case of the Pocket, it will require doing both, simultaneously.

At this point in time, we are limited to 3 seconds for video and images. But, lose the images, and we can cut it to 2 seconds.

My 40 second Pocket rendered video is about 160 MB. The same video, saved as individual images, is just shy of 5 GB.

I prefer the individual images. I process in Lightroom then render the time lapse
2019-2-26
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 2-26 04:00
Correct me if I am wrong. But, I believe that processing the video, and saving the individual images, are different processes. And, in the case of the Pocket, it will require doing both, simultaneously.

At this point in time, we are limited to 3 seconds for video and images. But, lose the images, and we can cut it to 2 seconds.

I thought, the video is created by the Pocket only after completion of the Time Lapse recording.

I also create the Time lapse recording with Edius in 4k.
I could do without the Time Lapse video of the Pocket in 1080p.

If that is a problem for the processor, then one could possibly do without the storage of the individual pictures. The Pocket should then create a timelapse video in 4k.
Or only save Pictures and no video in 1080p.
2019-2-26
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Serb Posted at 2-25 14:03
And that's only 15 users who are actually registered on this forum and have randomly checked out this thread... imagine the hundreds out there who would love to see this feature but will never even register on this forum.

In this thread there are also many user they want Shorter intervals
What Would You like To See In Future Firmware?

Therefore, I believe that the shorter intervals will be added in the next firmware update.
I'm looking forward to the next update
2019-3-2
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Count me in as well!! I DO WANT shorter intervals for certain shots!
2019-3-2
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

At the moment you can choose between video (1080p) and video and picture for Time Lapse.
Is that possibly the reason!
If in time lapse 0.5 and 1 second for video and picture is not possible, then I like to do without video. Because video in 1080p I do not need. I only shoot in 4k.

Is it possible to add a 3rd setting "only picture"? And then shorter intervals of 0.5 second and 1 second!

Another option would be if video output in 4k !! Then you can do without picture.

Here is also a thread to this Point
Osmo Pocket Timelapse Interval
2019-3-3
Use props
Paulo Paulino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

that.
+1 for shorter intervals for time lapse mode.
2019-3-3
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Paulo Paulino Posted at 3-3 05:38
that.
+1 for shorter intervals for time lapse mode.

Oh thanks Paulo,
also you as a good customer of DJI products
2019-3-3
Use props
bigbearhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Count me in. I very been using osmo mobile 2 for a year where 0.5s interval is available in  time lapse motion time lapse and hyperlapse. Different intervals are for different story telling models.
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules