SD Card Date Created and Lost/Missing Photos
823 2 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottyInCali
lvl.1
United States

Well, I had a disconcerting flight this morning. I was off the coast in Hawaii taking photos and when I returned, there were no photos on the SD card, but there was a short MP4 file. I accidentally started recording video and quickly turned it off. The missing photos are not on the onboard memory either. I had only used about 4GB of the space. So, I started troubleshooting. Why do my SD cards formatted in ExFAT all have a creation date of December 31st, 1969 (which I is 0 seconds Unix, right). It makes no difference if I format it in my Mavic 2 Zoom using the DJI Go app or if I do it on my Mac, however, just for accurate info, the card on this flight had been formatted in the Mac. It also reports a modified date of January 1st, 1980 ( which is 0 seconds in DOS, right?). In addition, is shows me that the capacity is 63.8GB but the available space is 68.8GB, but that also happens when I format it in Mac HFS. Although in Mac APFS/HFS, the dates are all correct... Created and modiifed today. This is happening on both of my SanDisk Extreme 64GB V30 A2 U3 cards.

I'm using a brand new Mac Book Pro purchased last month for work and I'd be a little surprised if formatting EXFat in the Mac is problematic for the Mavic 2 Zoom, but I guess I'll be doing a format via the DJI Go app just to be sure. The other thought is that I have a suspect SD card.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Scott

p.s. Photo below is of Kona, but from yesterday, not today's flight.

Kona Island Pano

Kona Island Pano
2019-2-22
Use props
ScottyInCali
lvl.1
United States

Figured it out. Counterfeit Sandisk card from Amazon. Full refund, but make sure you read the recent reviews there. Lots of counterfeit memory going around. I decided to go directly to the Sandisk site and was pleasantly surprised to find a 64GB  U3 V30 A2 for just $17.99: https://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/pd/productID.5217953000/varProductID.5217953200
2019-2-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got to the root cause.  Yes, lots of FAKE SD cards out there from what I'm reading.  I'm heading to Hawaii (Big Island) myself in two weeks.  Can't wait!!  
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules