Loss of contact with aircraft
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416004 ft
Canada

Hello Everyone:
This is a Phantom 3 standard.  10 hrs of flight time.  

I think I know the issue but would appreciate some confirmation.  Today, tried to fly +4C and clear.  No wind. In a subdivion. Batteries at 100% and 20 C when started. They were showning 15.5 volts.  About 3 minutes into flight, the jello effect appeared on the screen and then soon after, video signal was lost. The drone flew itself home when all signal was lost and I was able to effect a safe landing.
My thinking is the cold got to drone. But....the batteries and temp and voltage were within good to fly boundaries.  

I recalibrated and relinked the controller.  

Now if anyone else has experienced this and can confirm this thing doesn't like cool, even before cold that would be interesting. I thought by warming the battieries we could fly even below freezing for short times.
thanks for any input.

2019-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You don't say anything about the distance?

Temperature shouldn't make much difference.
The Standard runs on wifi and isn't known for maintaining signal over long distances.
2019-2-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

+1

More details would help.  For example, is this signal loss unusual?  Was there snow on the ground.  Are you sure you were aiming correctly?  Do you fly often from this location?  Etc.
2019-2-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Subdivisions are filled with wifi.  What happened was nothing unusual for the P3S.
2019-2-22
Use props
greybeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 416004 ft
Canada

O.k.
First flew about 200 meters at about 39 meters altitude.
returned to home point and few then north to about 106 meters distance and 90meters height.
At that point the "Warning Strong Interference...." warnings were coming up very quick.
That is when contact was lost and the machine did the RTH thing.
No snow.
If you all think it was the wi-fi interference, I'd not be surprised, looking at the map and flight record now.
I will have to get away from here next flight and test to see if it reoccurs.
thanks
2019-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules