DJI knowledge quiz failure
12Next >
7502 58 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1iD2VvhUb5xT
lvl.1

United States

The DJI knowledge quiz message keeps popping up and will not allow me to complete, when I click start I receive a message stating error 800 questionnaire not found.  The only way to clear is power cycle the controller.  I have seen many posts reqarding this issue and DJI does not have solution other than reloading the firmware which I did and also performed a factory reset, however this did not correct the error message.  This is extreemly frustrating and I am afraid to fly my drone for fear the message will pop up in mid flight.  
I am very concerned this will not be fixed anytime soon.  If you are planning to buy a smart controller I would seriously not do so at this time, you will be very frustrated and feel neglected by DJI.  This knowledge quiz was instituted by DJI some time back, I have scoured the internet for a solution but cannot find one.  I have pleaded with DJI to fix but they only patronize me.  

2019-2-22
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

The same problem here, I just update smart controller and mavic 2 zoom and still getting the same white screen after the controller try to find the quiz and doesn't find it, please help.
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what's the current version of the Smart Controller and App version? Please kindly provide us with the screenshot, I'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thank you so much!
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mazacuata8 Posted at 2-22 19:08
The same problem here, I just update smart controller and mavic 2 zoom and still getting the same white screen after the controller try to find the quiz and doesn't find it, please help.

Hello mazacuata8, could you refer to 3# and offer the related information for better assistance? Thanks!
2019-2-22
Use props
My_Myh
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan, why do you ask people for screenshot and controller versions? The issue is not new, it's been around for about a year, there are tons of screenshots - it's just a white screen and Error 800. All controller versions are affected and there is no fix. Smart Controller was released after the issue was discovered and is still affected, I'm wondering, if there is any testing done what so ever? This aircraft is not a toy and software has to be reliable - if quiz pops up tomorrow mid-flight, there might be serious consequences.
Instead of asking people for useless information, why don't you sit heads down and work on a fix? Embedding the quiz into the APK should not take more than an hour and publishing new version on Play store is instantaneous. Why won't you start with that? ETA should be 1-2 days and so far we've heard nothing. For me even restarting the controller doesn't work - quiz still shows up. The aircraft is locked up, I can't do anything.
2019-2-23
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 20:11
Hi there, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what's the current version of the Smart Controller and App version? Please kindly provide us with the screenshot, I'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thank you so much!

Hi Susan

Attach screen shots.... please help. I used DJI Assistant 2 to updated the controller, the Mavic 2 an the racing goggles; I'm not be able to fly the drone after having this issues for 2 weeks.

2019-2-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mazacuata8 Posted at 2-23 12:38
Hi Susan

Attach screen shots.... please help. I used DJI Assistant 2 to updated the controller, the Mavic 2 an the racing goggles; I'm not be able to fly the drone after having this issues for 2 weeks. [view_image]

Hi mazacuata8, you have our sincer apologies for the trouble caused by the quiz, our engineers are working on locating the problem, once there is any further advice, we will keep you updated immediately, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-2-23
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-23 19:10
Hi mazacuata8, you have our sincer apologies for the trouble caused by the quiz, our engineers are working on locating the problem, once there is any further advice, we will keep you updated immediately, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thanks, let me know as soon as you come up with a solution.
2019-2-23
Use props
hecrews
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330466 ft
United States

Same issue here.... ever since I've upgraded to the new smart controller....cannot take the quiz... all it does is error 800 and blank white screen. Pretty annoying since I see it's been going on since April 2018..... Anyway please fix so it stops. What do you need from me?
2019-2-24
Use props
hecrews
lvl.1
Flight distance : 330466 ft
United States

Same issue here.... ever since I've upgraded to the new smart controller....cannot take the quiz... all it does is error 800 and blank white screen. Pretty annoying since I see it's been going on since April 2018..... Anyway please fix so it stops. What do you need from me?
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mazacuata8 Posted at 2-23 19:42
Thanks, let me know as soon as you come up with a solution.

I will. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hecrews Posted at 2-24 16:25
Same issue here.... ever since I've upgraded to the new smart controller....cannot take the quiz... all it does is error 800 and blank white screen. Pretty annoying since I see it's been going on since April 2018..... Anyway please fix so it stops. What do you need from me?

Hi hecrews, sorry for the inconvenience caused, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers to check, I'll keep following up.
2019-2-24
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-23 19:10

Any news? In my case I got the Mavic 2 Zoom with the smart controller instead the regular; im really stuck; the smart controller keeps getting stock in the quiz part, is there any timeline for a solution; I should contact DJI to return everything I got?
2019-2-24
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3542257 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-24 19:26

Hello Susan,

I have the same issue as the others that have been reporting this for almost a year.  I am attaching photos of my smart controller versions and othe misc data to assit your engineers to resolve this issue asap.  Could you please escalate this to their management today?  I am so impressed with the quality of the DJI products themselves.  The quad copters/drones are amazing products with advanced technology, I am super impressed with the smart controller and its list of abilities. It took an amazing team to develop such a terrific product line.  However since this issue of the knowledge quiz has been looming for as long as it has I'm surprised it made it to the smart controller.  Please advise the staff who developed its software to investigate. None of us want our devices to fall out of the air causing harm or damage due to a simple fix need by code change. Please please have a different team investigate.  This is a silly problem to have on such a well designed product. TY
20190225_112449.jpg
20190225_112431.jpg
20190225_110349.jpg
20190225_110217.jpg
20190225_110127.jpg
20190225_110009.jpg
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mazacuata8 Posted at 2-24 23:48
Any news? In my case I got the Mavic 2 Zoom with the smart controller instead the regular; im really stuck; the smart controller keeps getting stock in the quiz part, is there any timeline for a solution; I should contact DJI to return everything I got?

Hi there mazacuata8, we're really sorry for the issues you are currently in. Our engineers are still pinpointing the root cause of this issue. Any important updates will surely be cascaded in priority to address the issues concerning the errors. We seek for more patience and understanding. Thank you.
2019-2-25
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-25 10:17
Hi there mazacuata8, we're really sorry for the issues you are currently in. Our engineers are still pinpointing the root cause of this issue. Any important updates will surely be cascaded in priority to address the issues concerning the errors. We seek for more patience and understanding. Thank you.

Thanks, keep us post it.
2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_1iD2VvhUb5xT
lvl.1

United States

DJI - I want to fly my new drone!  

While your engineers are trying to figure out this quiz error how about just disabling it in a firmware update?  Then your engineers can take another 12-18 months to figure out the problem then re-deploy the quiz.  Do you realize how many DJI customers are frustrated with this and the bad press DJI is getting in the forums?   I work with two mavic 2 owners and they were going to purchase the smart controller, I told them of the frustration and continual delay in fixing the quiz problem.  They don't want to spend $659.00 and let it sit in the closet.

Come on guys, do the right thing here and service your customers!
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pilot55 Posted at 2-25 09:07
Hello Susan,

I have the same issue as the others that have been reporting this for almost a year.  I am attaching photos of my smart controller versions and othe misc data to assit your engineers to resolve this issue asap.  Could you please escalate this to their management today?  I am so impressed with the quality of the DJI products themselves.  The quad copters/drones are amazing products with advanced technology, I am super impressed with the smart controller and its list of abilities. It took an amazing team to develop such a terrific product line.  However since this issue of the knowledge quiz has been looming for as long as it has I'm surprised it made it to the smart controller.  Please advise the staff who developed its software to investigate. None of us want our devices to fall out of the air causing harm or damage due to a simple fix need by code change. Please please have a different team investigate.  This is a silly problem to have on such a well designed product. TY

Sorry for the inconvenience. I've reported to our engineers to check and will keep you updated.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_1iD2VvhUb5xT Posted at 2-25 18:14
DJI - I want to fly my new drone!  

While your engineers are trying to figure out this quiz error how about just disabling it in a firmware update?  Then your engineers can take another 12-18 months to figure out the problem then re-deploy the quiz.  Do you realize how many DJI customers are frustrated with this and the bad press DJI is getting in the forums?   I work with two mavic 2 owners and they were going to purchase the smart controller, I told them of the frustration and continual delay in fixing the quiz problem.  They don't want to spend $659.00 and let it sit in the closet.

I understand your situation and very sorry for the troubles. I've pushed the engineers again and will help you get an update soon.
2019-2-26
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-26 02:36
Sorry for the inconvenience. I've reported to our engineers to check and will keep you updated.

Susan

Are my screen shots helpful?  Let me know if you need any other information to help resolve. Thank you
2019-2-26
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-26 02:36

Susan

Are my screen shots helpful?  Let me know if you need any other information to help resolve. Thank you
2019-2-26
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-26 02:39
I understand your situation and very sorry for the troubles. I've pushed the engineers again and will help you get an update soon.

Hi Susan, any update?
2019-2-27
Use props
mazacuata8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-25 10:17

I’m trying to be patient but I got my Mavic 20 days ago and I can’t fly it; if you tell me this is going to take a couple days, weeks or months I will help me to take a decition about returning everything, I didn’t get just the Mavic, got the one with Smart Controller, the RE Goggles and a Osmo Pocket; is been a lot of investment to really trust this company with my first purchase, my experience is not good so far. Please help.
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

mazacuata8 Posted at 2-27 14:53
I’m trying to be patient but I got my Mavic 20 days ago and I can’t fly it; if you tell me this is going to take a couple days, weeks or months I will help me to take a decition about returning everything, I didn’t get just the Mavic, got the one with Smart Controller, the RE Goggles and a Osmo Pocket; is been a lot of investment to really trust this company with my first purchase, my experience is not good so far. Please help.

Hi mazacuata8, sorry to read your frustrations. We're constantly communicating with the engineers for the updates. As of this time, we haven't received information. We will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pilot55 Posted at 2-26 03:55
Susan

Just got an update from our engineers that they will optimize the experience in the next firmware update of Smart Controller soon, please note our website for the future update, thank you!
2019-2-27
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-27 18:06
Just got an update from our engineers that they will optimize the experience in the next firmware update of Smart Controller soon, please note our website for the future update, thank you!

We appreciate the update, however this particular fix progress is extremely slow, how long is "soon"?  Could we have a actual date of when the release is due?  As your aware this issue has owners grounded.  They are unable to use their newly purchased devices.  It will not be long until Dji has multiple RMA requests and a customer base that is now weary of the Dji name.  How much longer are we supposed to be patient and wait?  What is the expected date for release?  Where on the Dji web page should we check for the future update?

Thank you for your time and efforts.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pilot55 Posted at 3-1 10:33
We appreciate the update, however this particular fix progress is extremely slow, how long is "soon"?  Could we have a actual date of when the release is due?  As your aware this issue has owners grounded.  They are unable to use their newly purchased devices.  It will not be long until Dji has multiple RMA requests and a customer base that is now weary of the Dji name.  How much longer are we supposed to be patient and wait?  What is the expected date for release?  Where on the Dji web page should we check for the future update?

Thank you for your time and efforts.

The new firmware for Smart Controller has been released, you may update to see whether it works well, thank you!
2019-3-2
Use props
Pilot55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 3-2 22:50
The new firmware for Smart Controller has been released, you may update to see whether it works well, thank you!

Hello,  

Looking good so far.   I went up four times yesterday WITHOUT a pop-up of the Knowledge Quiz.  I updated my controller over WiFi to ver: V01.00.0400

All who have posted prior, update your controller and reply back if you are also good to go.  

Thank you Dji.   We will keep you updated.  

2019-3-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pilot55 Posted at 3-3 06:17
Hello,  

Looking good so far.   I went up four times yesterday WITHOUT a pop-up of the Knowledge Quiz.  I updated my controller over WiFi to ver: V01.00.0400

You're welcome. Hope everything works well.
2019-3-3
Use props
TeeJayN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United States

I bought my DJI Phantom 3 Professional new back in 2015. Last update I did was years ago with zero issues since new. Decided to update everything to their most recent software versions. Everything continues to works fine except for one new issue. As many people have reported over a long period of time, I am also not able to take the mandatory DJI GO Knowledge Quiz. When I Start the Quiz I receive:
----
https://quiz.djicdn.com
Error: 800: questionnaire was not found
----
Please see attached pics of the screen shots and the About list of my software revisions.
Since I have the latest software revisions why does this problem still exist?
What is the solution?
2019-7-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TeeJayN Posted at 7-21 20:29
I bought my DJI Phantom 3 Professional new back in 2015. Last update I did was years ago with zero issues since new. Decided to update everything to their most recent software versions. Everything continues to works fine except for one new issue. As many people have reported over a long period of time, I am also not able to take the mandatory DJI GO Knowledge Quiz. When I Start the Quiz I receive:
----

Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, have you tried to reinstall the APP? If yes, please make sure the cache has been cleared and internet is connected when you submit the quiz to see whether it helps.

BTW, if you need one's attention, please kindly click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2019-7-23
Use props
TeeJayN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8533 ft

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 7-23 02:52
Sorry for the late response. Just to verify, have you tried to reinstall the APP? If yes, please make sure the cache has been cleared and internet is connected when you submit the quiz to see whether it helps.

BTW, if you need one's attention, please kindly click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!

Even though the latest app (3.1.54) was successfully installed on my iPad Air2 prior to my first post, per your request, I deleted the cache, deleted the app (3.1.54) from my iPad Air2, downloaded and reinstalled the latest app (3.1.54) on my iPad Air2, and again deleted the cache.  
Yes, my iPad Air2 is connected to the Internet.
I closed/shut everything down. I restart everything and all appears to work fine BUT the app still reports:
----
Error: 800: questionnaire was not found
----
I have no choice but to "Exit the quiz. Your answers will not be saved" screen. Everything else in the app appears to work fine and I have successfully flown without issue.
What about the warning that "You may skip this quiz 4 times"?
What happens then?
How do we get this resolved?
2019-7-29
Use props
RTC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20 ft
United States

Well .... it's May 5th, 2020 ..... I got my Phantom 3 standard out to play, and I am now getting this same annoying quiz problem .... I know, the engineers are STILL working on it.  This appears to be a problem YOU created and YOU must resolve!  When is this going to get fixed?  We need an absolute date for a resolution to this problem.  I have tried everything suggested on the forum to no avail.  FIX IT NOW!
2020-5-5
Use props
helpmefixthis
New

United States

RTC Posted at 5-5 09:13
Well .... it's May 5th, 2020 ..... I got my Phantom 3 standard out to play, and I am now getting this same annoying quiz problem .... I know, the engineers are STILL working on it.  This appears to be a problem YOU created and YOU must resolve!  When is this going to get fixed?  We need an absolute date for a resolution to this problem.  I have tried everything suggested on the forum to no avail.  FIX IT NOW!

Did you give up? I bought a p3 from a friend and I have this horrible problem after updating.
2020-8-11
Use props
chrisheying
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45266 ft

United States

I have a P3P and also have this issue. Uninstalled/reinstall/clear cache. Trying all kinds of work around's with no positive results. I cannot fly, once I open the app and it is connected to the drone I get prompted with the quiz message. DJI support has been of no help so far. They wanted me to send the drone in for repair!? When will there be resolution?
2020-8-13
Use props
soadjt1
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-2-24 19:26

I have the same problem.  I have the quiz pop up and when I try to take the quiz it gives me the Error 800 code.  However, once that happens I cannot do anything, I cannot go back or exit.  I cannot fly my drone.  I cannot do anything because of this quiz error.  Please Help!!
2020-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

soadjt1 Posted at 8-19 11:29
I have the same problem.  I have the quiz pop up and when I try to take the quiz it gives me the Error 800 code.  However, once that happens I cannot do anything, I cannot go back or exit.  I cannot fly my drone.  I cannot do anything because of this quiz error.  Please Help!!

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. For the error 800 issue, please PM us the below information for better assistance.
1. The model of your drone;
2. Your DJI account;
3. Your location;
4. The model and OS of your mobile device;
5. The App version;
6. App log (You may upload the log to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us).
Thank you.
2020-8-20
Use props
ezekieldrumsspr1hotmail.com
New

United States

Hello, I’m having the same issue my when I click to start the quiz it says that there was an error can anyone please help me
2020-8-20
Use props
BeBetter
New

United States

What an utter disaster. I will never be spending money on dji equipment again. This simple error has kept so many of us sidelined after spending hundreds of dollars on these drones. This is such bull.... Give us answers.
2020-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ezekieldrumsspr1hotmail.com Posted at 8-20 09:46
Hello, I’m having the same issue my when I click to start the quiz it says that there was an error can anyone please help me

Hi there, please provide the information mentioned on 38#, I will help on it.
2020-8-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules