DJI Pilot (Android) Release 1.2.0
4616 8 2019-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Asher Pogi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338481 ft
Philippines

Before flying my M2E Dual last night, I noticed it downloaded and updated the DJI Pilot app (Android) to v1.2.0

I will be trying the following feature, as using the DJI Pilot "Flight Mission" feature is too challenging for me on a Samsung A7:
  • Supports KML Import for creating flight routes for Flight Mission.
    So I can now use Google Earth Pro to plan my M2E Dual flight missions.  However, I'm not sure if will properly import the KML waypoints (location, heading, altitude).  I will try a simple route over a clear, open area and report back.  I typically use Litchi, which does support the M2E Dual flight missions, but not changing image modes - visible, thermal and MSX.  I'm hoping the DJI Pilot's Flight Mission fully supports changing image modes -  visible, thermal (ISOTHERM, palettes) and MSX

Another change listed:
  • Optimizes the isotherm, palettes, and FPV features for Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual for a better user experience.
    Could you elaborate on the changes.  Specifically, I know many other M2E Dual users were asking support for FLIR's DroneSense in this thread:
    Thermal Analysis Software magic DUAL

2019-2-22
Use props
Asher Pogi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338481 ft
Philippines

I concluded it's much easier to use the Litchi Mission Hub (web based) and Android app than importing the KML file for DJI's Flight Mission.  I also discovered that it records both Visible and MSX as separate video files.  Didn't test the picture feature to see if it does same.
2019-2-22
Use props
sclose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 422559 ft

United States

Asher Pogi Posted at 2-22 21:02
I concluded it's much easier to use the Litchi Mission Hub (web based) and Android app than importing the KML file for DJI's Flight Mission.  I also discovered that it records both Visible and MSX as separate video files.  Didn't test the picture feature to see if it does same.

Has ANYONE been able to import a kml to the DJI Pilot App?   What's the trick?
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_KJU1nNUDTNF7
lvl.1
Colombia

sclose Posted at 4-4 08:05

No hay truco, solo cargar el archivo, he tenido problemas para configurar la cámara del M2E en camera custom
2019-4-21
Use props
djiuser_KJU1nNUDTNF7
lvl.1
Colombia

Asher Pogi Posted at 2-22 21:02

Que configuraciones hace en la cámara custom para M2E
2019-4-21
Use props
Unicks
lvl.2

Canada

sclose Posted at 4-4 08:05

Couldn't help noticing GSH's 205 (C-FNTR) in your avatar... you work for them or just a fan?

We have hands working for us that probably know that aircraft intimately.. AME's, not pilots!

Cheers.
2019-4-24
Use props
sclose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 422559 ft

Unicks Posted at 4-24 12:00
Couldn't help noticing GSH's 205 (C-FNTR) in your avatar... you work for them or just a fan?

We have hands working for us that probably know that aircraft intimately.. AME's, not pilots!

Hi, I've flown with them a bunch in Northern B.C., working metal exploration in the mountains.  Good crew.  Nice catch!
2019-10-14
Use props
fans66952088
lvl.1
Flight distance : 163750 ft

don't function MSX
2019-10-16
Use props
djiuser_69eVXVyfZ1Ld
New

Australia

sclose Posted at 2019-4-4 08:05

This script will work if you are generating one or multiple plots at a time in a GIS application.  In this case I use QGIS.  The workflow is:
1.  create the layer containing the plot(s)
2.  if creating multiple plots, add an  id field to the layer as a calculated field using:  @row_number
3.  Export the layer as a KML
4.  Edit the script below in QGIS' python console to contain the correct path and name of the KML
5.  Run script
6.  In the same folder as the AllPlots.kml file will be numbered individual kml plot files ready for importing in a simplified KML format that DJI Pilot will accept

import re
path = 'C:/Users/.../Downloads/'
kml = 'AllPlots.kml'
with open(path+kml, 'r') as f:
    data = f.read()
found = re.findall("<Polygon>[\S\s]*?<\/Polygon>", data, re.M | re.S)
[open(path+str(i)+'.kml', 'w').write('<kml><Document><Placemark>'+found[i-1]+'</Placemark></Document></kml>') for i in range(1, len(found)+1)]

Assuming you are familiar with using QGIS or some other python enabled GIS, the main advantage/use case for this script is:
1. generating multiple plots at once
2. bypassing Google Earth (for efficiency)
2020-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules