Canada, Advanced Operations Pilot Certificate
1511 4 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans00bd3594
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83386 ft
United States

Canada will implement a two-tier drone pilot certification rule on 1 June 2019. I chose to get the "advanced pilot" certification. I passed the written test criteria however, I "must pass a flight review by a Flight Reviewer" is a very unclear requirement. Does anyone have experience with this requirement? Only three drone schools are listed in the Ottawa area in the Transportation Canada regulation and all three have failed to respond to any request other than to say..."we don't know yet, we are still trying to get a handle on this...". Oh good, I actually thought if Transportation Canada went through the trouble of listing certified drone flight schools in their publication and offering the written testing online, that those schools would have a clue what was going on.

It would be nice to know the standards under which I must demonstrate my ability to fly a drone while complying with advanced operations policies/regulations? Should I bring a crew member to keep eyes on the drone? Will I be required to film or take photos at the same time? What is the length of the demonstration? Will I require multiple batteries? Will I be required to submit a request for a Special Flight Operations Certificate to the Transportation Ministry? Will I need to bring my own safety equipment? Seriously! What are the rules for this demonstration? I wish to be compliant BEFORE the new rules go into effect?

All this trouble to be able to inspect the roof of my home or take a family photo from within a 100-foot radius. OMG! I shall not be deterred, my friends. I know all about hypoxic hypoxia, altimeter readings in low-pressure aerodromes, taking off on icy runways by allowing greater takeoff and landing distance....Oh yes. So applicable to flying a quad-drone, but I know all about it and I shall not be deterred from taking a photo of my homes plumbing vent being covered by snow or my family fishing from a boat.
2019-2-23
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

For advanced operations Transport Canada has a list of arproved aircrafts, the least expensive is about $10000 CAD. https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services ... ng-right-drone.html
2019-2-23
Use props
Will_Bartlett
lvl.1
Canada

DJI has contacted transport canada and submitted the paperwork for some of their drones to be declared safe for advanced operations. I made a video about it here:
2019-3-24
Use props
Will_Bartlett
lvl.1
Canada

UPDATE:

9 drones are approved for advanced operations from DJI!! Read more here: https://www.dji.com/ca/newsroom/news/dji-drones-comply-with-new-transport-canada-requirements-for-advanced-operations
2019-3-24
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

first thing I congratulate you on being successful passing your test, well done.
2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules