M2ED Not Worth It?
1153 6 2019-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

I've read every thread about the M2E/M2ED.

The conclusion I've come to after reading everything is that you can't really adjust the IR camera settings, which makes it worthless for anything other than a rough check.
The DJI Pilot app has very limited functionality that you can use in other Mavic aircraft, but apparently has been blocked out for the M2ED.   

There doesn't appear to be a post-processing software application for the IR images, which is no good for client work. With that being said, this is not an entry level drone package that can be used for client work.

Have I missed anything? I have a Yuneec H520, and I'm waiting on the IR camera to arrive, which will be in a few weeks.
I also have a plain old MP, and am selling it with all MP accessories, because I was leaning towards the M2ED as a back up bird to get started on offering inspections using IR. I have my Part 107, and am also FLIR/ITC Level I sUAS certified.

What I'm getting out of all of these discussions is to spend a ton of money on one of the higher end DJI enterprise drone solutions. Or, I could go out and buy another Yuneec H520 complete package, which I really don't want at this time, but I would get the IR camera in a week with the package.

The only thing that DJI doesn't disappoint me on is that they disappoint with every product they sell, from the hardware to the firmware and the supporting apps.

Thanks for listening; I'm just venting.
2019-2-23
Use props
Asher Pogi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338481 ft
Philippines

I agree Nancy SEO.  As I stated in another thread, DJI has adopted Apple's business model.  Sell a product with half the features for twice the price.  I've had my M2E Dual for just over a week and would rather buy 2 M2 Pro's for the on M2E Duel.  It definitely disappoints and doesn't live up to their marketing limitations.  Their whitepapers are a complete work of fiction.  There is not real world application for the M2E Dual to use in SAR, LEO or Industrial Inspection applications.  It's a $2300 money pit.
2019-2-24
Use props
Asher Pogi
lvl.2
Philippines

I agree Nancy SEO.  As I stated in another thread, DJI has adopted Apple's business model.  Sell a product with half the features for twice the price.  I've had my M2E Dual for just over a week and would rather buy 2 M2 Pro's for the price of one impracticable M2E Dual.  It definitely disappoints and doesn't live up to their marketing hype.  Their whitepapers on it are a complete work of fiction.  There is no real world application for the M2E Dual to use in SAR, LEO or Industrial Inspection applications.  It's a $2300 paper weight.  My almost 3 yo P4 drone is more useful.  In fact, I use it in volunteer work with the Philippines PDRRMO/NDRRMC (equivalent to CalOES/FEMA) for a number of applications.  I told them about the M2E Dual, but now will walk back my endorsement of it.
2019-2-24
Use props
Asher Pogi
lvl.2
Philippines

Asher Pogi Posted at 2-24 06:47
I agree Nancy SEO.  As I stated in another thread, DJI has adopted Apple's business model.  Sell a product with half the features for twice the price.  I've had my M2E Dual for just over a week and would rather buy 2 M2 Pro's for the on M2E Duel.  It definitely disappoints and doesn't live up to their marketing limitations.  Their whitepapers are a complete work of fiction.  There is not real world application for the M2E Dual to use in SAR, LEO or Industrial Inspection applications.  It's a $2300 money pit.

Duplicate thread, ignore this reply.
2019-2-24
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Asher Pogi Posted at 2-24 06:56
Duplicate thread, ignore this reply.

would something like the standard enterprise be more realistic  for some of the situations you mentioned previously? I have been on the fence on the m2ed  and honestly if the M2E would be more useful then that saves me a bit.
2019-2-24
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-24 21:22
would something like the standard enterprise be more realistic  for some of the situations you mentioned previously? I have been on the fence on the m2ed  and honestly if the M2E would be more useful then that saves me a bit.

2 reasons why I was - emphasis on was - considering the M2ED is because I'm a Part 107, Level IsUAS certified thermographer through FLIR/ITC, and this is a way to stand out from many other Part 107 pilots in terms of offerings, but if I cannot present a complete report and actionable package, this is no good. And like with so many other commercial drone applications, if I can't different mission types depending upon the system being analyzed, this drone just won't fit the bill.

I mean, initially this looked like a really promising entry-level system for aerial thermography. But after reading everything and looking at the camera specs, this is not a commercial quality bird for thermal imaging, as best as I can gather from the conversations here.

As it stands now, I'm getting another Yuneec H520.
2019-2-25
Use props
Asher Pogi
lvl.2
Philippines

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-24 21:22
would something like the standard enterprise be more realistic  for some of the situations you mentioned previously? I have been on the fence on the m2ed  and honestly if the M2E would be more useful then that saves me a bit.

Here is previous reply on thread that applies to our concerns regarding to M2E Dual:
Intelligent Flight Menu  for M2E
2019-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules